BFTG - Bristol City

134 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Bristol City

by leon » 03 Jan 2016 01:23

AthleticoSpizz Yes...you can tell by the whites of their eyes that they are all bricklayers, dockies and policemen

:lol: "policemen" you'd be surprised...lol etc

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Jan 2016 01:27

bcubed
paultheroyal Proper wing play, Blackman through the middle and we were a different team. McDermott take note.

Cooper excellent.
Vydra excellent. Real class. Brilliant work rate. Needs that goal. Not sure if he is one step ahead of our players, or midfield to slow in picking him out.
Gunter great running but short passes were woeful.
Corners, just horrendous. Would rather us go short and then play it in as time and time again we fail to clear the first defender.
Remove Norwood from that team and we would struggle. Makes us tick and puts a tackle in.

Their fans, just :lol:

Hopefully the 2016 push is on!

Blackman should never ever play out wide on the right. He cannot use his right foot and never even threatens to go outside his man.
McCleary out wide added width and options and guess what a few crosses.

Agree about Gunter. He must be getting sick of running into space and being ignored by Blackman. When Blackman did pass he was woeful two out of three that I recall

And yes this team without Norwood would be a shambles - he is outstanding week after week. Thought he looked a little weary late on today.

Forgot to say Cooper was very composed and his passing was excellent

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Jan 2016 01:33

bobby1413
CountryRoyal I'm amazed with the positive remarks, which I'm sure would not have appeared quite in the same manner had we not got that injury time goal.

I thought we were poor and it was an atrocious game of football between two terrible sides. We struggled immensely against one of the worst teams in the division and we looked a million miles away from a credible playoff contender.

Thank You... from the bottom of my dark, blackened heart. I agree.

The first 45 minutes were abysmal, totally void of any excitement or attraction. It was also the worst atmosphere I've encountered for ages... especially considering there was a (nearly) full away end.

I was not convinced by this victory. I'm really happy to win, we DID win 3 points, but less than convinced compared to others.

Agree with you guys.
It wasn't convincing at all and the atmosphere was dire.
Compared to the Brentford game when the fans seemed really up for it and there was a lot if singing in Y25/26 at the start at least, I sensed tension and doubt and there was hardly any noise. The fans neede something to inspire them and it didn't happen.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Jan 2016 01:42

agreed about Blackman - selfish but he scored - it's about time. What is his natural position? I'm struggling.

Absolutely great to have Quinn back - he's a leader and he puts a real shift in - with quality as well. Our best signing this summer, we need him fit for the rest of the season.

Cooper did very well - especially with McShane going off. Let's play him and keep Hector on the bench.

Williams - I've criticised him for his decision making, passing and overrunning the ball into blind alleys but for me he was motm - purely because his was everywhere today. His energy drove the team on towards the end of the game.

I've missed tactical subs that actually change games for the better. Well done Brian. He brought McCleary and HRK on, moved things around and we looked dangerous. And we won.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 03 Jan 2016 02:51

genome Ferdinand 7 - Looked very assured coming back, harshly booked for a 50/50.

Yes he did look assured for most of the game but the deserved booking came because he held their attacker who otherwise would have beaten him for pace and been in on goal.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Jan 2016 03:19

marlowuk
genome Ferdinand 7 - Looked very assured coming back, harshly booked for a 50/50.

Yes he did look assured for most of the game but the deserved booking came because he held their attacker who otherwise would have beaten him for pace and been in on goal.

Perhaps I'm wrong but to me it looked as if Ferdinand was barely moving and only operated in a 10ft radius. I though that the rest of the defence was covering for him and that he was clearly not recovered from his latest injury. Don't get me wrong, when he's fit I reckon he's probably our most talented defender but had Hector been fit wouldn't have even been in the squad today.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 03 Jan 2016 04:57

Does anyone know why Blackman was ranting towards someone behind the Bristol dug out after he scored?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jan 2016 07:55

Wasn't he carrying on the dispute with their manager from earlier in the game ? There had been a long argument involving Gunter and their manage had had to be restrained by the fourth official when he appeared to try and get physical with Blackman.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 03 Jan 2016 09:04

leon
AthleticoSpizz Lol

Saturday's warriors....Mondays' lawyers/office managers/doctors etc etc

Posturing has become so passé

i'm liking the concept that office managers are in the same professional category as doctors and lawyers.

however i would be willing to bet that there were very few doctors or lawyers in that footage

Indeed - genuine LOL at discussing the professions of people from South Bristol, unless pikey, junky, thief or big issue seller count as professions.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 03 Jan 2016 09:25

genome
WestRoyal
genome Anyway, my comments.

I thought we were pretty bad today and that it was a nailed-on 0-0 draw, but it was superb to grab that goal, I love last minute winners, one of my favourite things in football. A much needed 3 points and the fact it came in the 90th minute might give our confidence more of a boost than a routine win.

I feel most of all we lacked urgency and energy going forward, especially from Blackman and Sa, that may well be a confidence thing. This improved a LOT when G-Mac came on, but I still could've seen a bit more impetus from other players off the ball when he was putting pressure on their left-back. Vydra should've put away some gilt-edged chances and for the fee we paid for him he should be banging those in. I like other aspects of his game though, did well for the goal, although he was winning a ball back that I think he lost in the first place.

Al-Habsi 5 - Not a save to make so hard to rate him. 5 seems harsh, but dunno if I can mark him up for anything!
Gunter 6 - Some good moments, some bad.
Cooper 7.5 - Very good
McShane 5 - Can't remember much of him before he went off.
Taylor 5 - A dodgy mistake that nearly let a player through, otherwise OK
Norwood 6 - His passing was hot and cold, didn't look as good as previous
Williams 7 - I love his energy and work rate, needs better vision, but put the amount of effort in I want to see from the rest of the team.
Quinn 7 - Good, couple of great tackles, moved to LB comfortably
Vydra 6 - As above, should be putting those chances away easily. Just needs a goal.
Blackman 6.5 - Again as above, just looks uninterested and lacking energy at times. Good winner.
Sa 5 - Good hold up play, not much else though.

Subs
Ferdinand 7 - Looked very assured coming back, harshly booked for a 50/50.
McCleary 7 - Changed the game, crossing perhaps could've been better
HRK 6.5 - Brought some energy to the team but not much quality, was a good tactical switch by B-Mac

Seems to be always a gripe about his crossing but considering he gets so many in it was decent today. Sometimes a ball can only be put into a danger area where you expect a cross to be attacked so the anticipation & the movement of the forwards could also be questioned not just the delivery

I think I remember a couple being overhit? I agree though, and said as much earlier in the post. Perhaps it's a matter of consistency and the forwards will get into the right areas.

I'm sure there were which is to be expected as he gets so many in. The forwards should always try to get into the right areas regardless

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 03 Jan 2016 09:42

3 points that we needed badly you could see what it meant to players.

Williams for me was outstanding.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Jan 2016 09:48

Royal Ginger
marlowuk

Perhaps I'm wrong but to me it looked as if Ferdinand was barely moving and only operated in a 10ft radius. I though that the rest of the defence was covering for him and that he was clearly not recovered from his latest injury. Don't get me wrong, when he's fit I reckon he's probably our most talented defender but had Hector been fit wouldn't have even been in the squad today.

Was Hector injured as well as suspended?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 03 Jan 2016 10:00

ILoveMoonPig Not surprised their lot started playing up and the end, if I had to watch that much time wasting week in, week out and still lose, I'd be pretty annoyed about it.

Games are at least getting more entertaining. I really hope Brian decides to keep the high paced, short passing game, rather than going long and direct. It looks so much tidier than we've been in a long time.

Pleased for Blackman. Made a few silly minor mistakes but nothing costly. Really enjoy seeing him take on defenders, he's so cool under pressure.

Williams was on it today, cracking performance. Same goes for Quinn. Norwood was less noticeable, but that probably means he too was putting in a shift off the ball.

Fingers crossed Vydra gets a goal soon. He's creating so many chances, it looks destined to happen.

?? Williams worst Reading player today, Norwood whilst not his bst performance head and shoulders above Williams.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 03 Jan 2016 10:07

royalsroyalsroyals92
bobby1413 Best part of the day was Cooper winning MOTM.... a truely local boy stepping in for billy big bollocks Hector

Well done Cooper

It is a great story - but too be fair, I don't feel Hector's attitude has changed from last season - he's always been a bit arrogant, and I would still question his sanity if he honestly believes he'll ever actually play for chelsea...

In what way is Hector arrogant?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 03 Jan 2016 11:15

quickwingerswife Does anyone know why Blackman was ranting towards someone behind the Bristol dug out after he scored?

Page 3
TBM Best bit was Blackman and Cotterill having a ding dong at each other

Cotterill lobbed chewing gum at Blackman in the first half, Blackman squirts a water bottle over Cotterill in return. Cotterill gave Blackman loads of abuse throughout the rest of the half so Blackman legs it over after scoring and calls him out :lol: :lol:

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 03 Jan 2016 11:21

genome This video perfectly encapsulates the belmonting helmism of some of the City supporters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqtdtou8zLE

Right, a couple of points here. Firstly it was like the mid 90's again back at Elm Park, which were fun days. In a nil nil, football kind of needs that.

Secondly, it always makes me laugh that these supposedly proper old school hard men hooligans stand at the white bar in front of the tunnel pretending they want to get in our stand. 5 yards ahead of them was a poorly protected exit to their stand and entrance to our stand.

Thirdly, did you see any of the game!?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jan 2016 11:50

marlowuk

From where I was sitting it looked as though they were both grappling just as much with one another. I can't remember spotting that he would've been in on goal, I'm sure I remember there being plenty of defenders back, but I could be wrong.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Jan 2016 12:03

OldBiscuit
RG7Fan
RG7Fan

Corners - ughhh ...

We must be the worst team in the league at set pieces. It's hard to get excited when we win a free kick on the edge of the box and that's not right.

Indeed - remember the Prem season, we were deadly from corners : gorkss, morrison, etc ...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Jan 2016 12:04

If by goal you mean corner flag then yes, he would have been through on 'goal'.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Jan 2016 12:28

genome This video perfectly encapsulates the belmonting helmism of some of the City supporters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqtdtou8zLE

What a bunch of helmets ...

134 posts