Never to return to the Prem

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Never to return to the Prem

by Gordons Cumming » 06 Jan 2016 10:04

JamieY26 F**K OFF NEWBIE! ;-) ...... No, seriously!

A nice appropriate post.

I think the first post of a newbie should be a bit more positive. Gives them a little credibility.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 06 Jan 2016 10:06

Pandoras Box ^this.
Weirdly I'd be quite happy if we made third place, got to the play off final and lost at Wembley every year. Championship is a great division, you can never be sure on a result and a good smattering of away fixtures around the country, Premiership, well meh, who gives a sh1t.
i always wish you were allowed to sell your place to the highest bidder who finished top 10 say. So have the thrill of finishing Champions then flog the prem place to Leeds or Derby or whoever for £30mill then go again the next season! I hate the premiership but love the fight for promotion

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Jan 2016 11:02

Jimmys sock Sorry folks but you all need to get it into your heads that the club will not be returning to the premier league.
Struggling for goals for most of the season they are now happy to sell their top goal scorer. He may well have a bit of a attitude problem at times. So what! Where would the club be without his goals. Add to that a cheapskate appointment of a manager they sacked a couple of years ago.
No forward thinking no ambition.
After 30 years I'm so glad I no longer waste any of my hard earned on this shambles of a club.

So to all of you who wear the RTGs sorry but this club has peaked and is now on it way back down to where it was when l first started supporting them.
And to all the knobheads on here taking the moral high ground on players attitudes, take a look around you on match days you're surrounded by people with poor attitude.

Hello Jimmy One Post, you must be new around here. Where were you when we were languishing in the 4th tier? If you had told us then that we'd never make the top division some might have agreed and with that attitude we'd still be there. Sure we may be in decline but that doesn't mean we won't recover and bounce back in the next 2-5 years.

We're always going to have to overachieve to go up - It's the Reading way, but as we've proved twice already a team of overachieving average players with the right attitude and manager can win the title over teams of higher value and higher quality players.

Personally, I think the premier league is over rated, I'm happy with Championship Football as long as we are playing good attacking football and I'm entertained.

Jimmys sock

by Jimmys sock » 06 Jan 2016 14:31

Gordons Cumming

A nice appropriate post.

I think the first post of a newbie should be a bit more positive. Gives them a little credibility.

Not looking for any credibility from any of the tossers on here.
Thank you for all the kind comments on this post they were everything I expected, you are all truly wonderful human beings :lol:

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 06 Jan 2016 14:38

Ian Herring You sound fit, Jimmy.

What are you wearing?

+1. Jimmy, can I shit up your cnut?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Jan 2016 14:39

Ian Royal Bit odd to join just to say you don't want anything to do with the club anymore and we're in decline.

What prompted you to sign up on here out of interest, Ian?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Jan 2016 17:30

Forbury Lion
Jimmys sock Sorry folks but you all need to get it into your heads that the club will not be returning to the premier league.
Struggling for goals for most of the season they are now happy to sell their top goal scorer. He may well have a bit of a attitude problem at times. So what! Where would the club be without his goals. Add to that a cheapskate appointment of a manager they sacked a couple of years ago.
No forward thinking no ambition.
After 30 years I'm so glad I no longer waste any of my hard earned on this shambles of a club.

So to all of you who wear the RTGs sorry but this club has peaked and is now on it way back down to where it was when l first started supporting them.
And to all the knobheads on here taking the moral high ground on players attitudes, take a look around you on match days you're surrounded by people with poor attitude.

Hello Jimmy One Post, you must be new around here. Where were you when we were languishing in the 4th tier? If you had told us then that we'd never make the top division some might have agreed and with that attitude we'd still be there. Sure we may be in decline but that doesn't mean we won't recover and bounce back in the next 2-5 years.

We're always going to have to overachieve to go up - It's the Reading way, but as we've proved twice already a team of overachieving average players with the right attitude and manager can win the title over teams of higher value and higher quality players.

Personally, I think the premier league is over rated, I'm happy with Championship Football as long as we are playing good attacking football and I'm entertained.

And when did that last happen? Back under the old guard and likely to go through our usual January transfer window - easy to sell, impossible to buy- it looks a long way off too. :cry:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Jan 2016 17:41

I'd rather be a Reading fan having experienced promotions, relegations, Wembley heartbreak, 6-0 defeats, 8-1 wins than support a team in the premier league whose aim is to avoid relegation each season and maybe get a sneaky win against one of the big boys.

Cookie

by Cookie » 06 Jan 2016 17:51

NEVER? NEVER?
Never is a very long time, my sock-clad friend. :)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jan 2016 20:38

Green
Ian Royal Bit odd to join just to say you don't want anything to do with the club anymore and we're in decline.

What prompted you to sign up on here out of interest, Ian?

IIRC it was to tell Woodcote he was talking negative bollocks.

The Illuminati

by The Illuminati » 06 Jan 2016 21:10

I think we could learn from teams like Leicester and even Stoke, if we can establish our position firstly as a play-off championship team I don't see why it can't lay the foundations for a solid time in the prem. Obviously its ambitious in our current situation, but at least now there is some sort of financial calm, so it would be a good time to push on as a club.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 06 Jan 2016 22:01

Jimmys sock
Gordons Cumming

A nice appropriate post.

Not looking for any credibility from any of the tossers on here.
Thank you for all the kind comments on this post they were everything I expected, you are all truly wonderful human beings :lol:

Well jimmys little cock, i must say you remind me of a very insecure fantasist from Stoke that used to post on the 'Rivals' site. Full of shite, nothing much to say, and what little you do have is said poorly. You are trying to sound superior but are actually coming over as an inadequate, now do us all a favour, and pist off back to bullying 10 year olds behind your school gymnasium.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Jan 2016 22:44

Never say never !
£3m is like gold dust to the owners, gets another big earner off the wage bill, they were never going to turn that down.
I personally would of liked to see Dominic Samuel back but I see his loan has been extended so Baldy not sweet on him. I'm not sure who we can get in for less money of the same or better quality. Possibly go abroad again I reckon ?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jan 2016 10:08

3points I'm always in two minds as to whether I really want us to get back in the Prem. I love the thrill of being title contenders, but then hate the thought of getting dicked on by the likes of Arsenal, City, etc week in week out. Bournemouth and Norwich are still both struggling, despite some much bigger, more established teams being utter pants this year. Only Watford are doing well, and they signed 15 new players in the summer!

I prefer the Championship: cheaper tickets, 6 new teams each season, more competitive and more games.

Who's to say we won't return? Pretty much every team in the Champ has been there in recent years, that's football for you. You dip in and out, that's the way it goes

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 07 Jan 2016 10:35

TommyF
Pandoras Box ^this.
Weirdly I'd be quite happy if we made third place, got to the play off final and lost at Wembley every year. Championship is a great division, you can never be sure on a result and a good smattering of away fixtures around the country, Premiership, well meh, who gives a sh1t.
i always wish you were allowed to sell your place to the highest bidder who finished top 10 say. So have the thrill of finishing Champions then flog the prem place to Leeds or Derby or whoever for £30mill then go again the next season! I hate the premiership but love the fight for promotion

I've often said my preferred option would be to win the Championship then opt to stay in it. The idea of selling it to the highest bidder is just genius. Shall I 'phone Greg Dyke or will you?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Jan 2016 17:46

Armadillo Roadkill
TommyF
Pandoras Box ^this.

I've often said my preferred option would be to win the Championship then opt to stay in it. The idea of selling it to the highest bidder is just genius. Shall I 'phone Greg Dyke or will you?

Why can't we play in the Premier League and still stay in the Championship? - More games, effectively two teams and we would get to defend our title.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 07 Jan 2016 19:56

Royalwaster
I kind of agree - although perversely I'd of course always be massively disappointed every year we lost at Wembley. Although saying that I still remember the Swansea match as a 'great' occasion ... albeit disappointing. In contrast, I don't remember the last Premiership season as anything other than a big disappointment ...

I agree. I want to see us win a playoff. Actually don't even care which league it is. Maybe the trick is to go down and then win the playoffs back into the Championship. It would be nice to win at Wembley!

I would be a big fan of cross division playoffs... 3rd automatically plays 18th of Prem League 4th and 5th play a semi-final and the Winner plays 17th of Prem League. Whoever wins each game is Premium league next season. Now that would be fun!

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 08 Jan 2016 10:11

notloyalenuffroyal I would be a big fan of cross division playoffs... 3rd automatically plays 18th of Prem League 4th and 5th play a semi-final and the Winner plays 17th of Prem League. Whoever wins each game is Premium league next season. Now that would be fun!

When the play-offs were introduced, there were three teams from the lower division and one from the higher involved. They stopped that when the final ceased to be a home / away 2-legged affair and became a Wembley final, presumably because a Wembley final was not the right reward for failure.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Jan 2016 10:37

Cookie NEVER? NEVER?
Never is a very long time, my sock-clad friend. :)

He is not clad in socks.

He IS the socks

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Jan 2016 11:01

Armadillo Roadkill I've often said my preferred option would be to win the Championship then opt to stay in it. The idea of selling it to the highest bidder is just genius. Shall I 'phone Greg Dyke or will you?
The club owners can do this - just sell the entire club and buy another one in the championship.