Orlanda Sa

teignmouth hoops

Orlanda Sa

by teignmouth hoops » 06 Jan 2016 13:28

What is going on with him? When we first sign him he looks very impressive (as a lot of players do). Scores a great hat -trick gets stupidly sent off following home game v Derby, comes back in after suspension looks alright without scoring until Fulham away, where we fall apart after going two up. Since then has gone steadily down hill, now it appears as if he had a bust up with Clarke, but surely with a change in manager he should kick on and want to impress Brian, but instead he looks totally disinterested

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Orlanda Sa

by CountryRoyal » 06 Jan 2016 13:29

Scored in 3 games. Thinks he's good. Is shit.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 06 Jan 2016 13:31

Orlando... he'll bloom in May!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 06 Jan 2016 13:32

teignmouth hoops but surely with a change in manager he should kick on and want to impress Brian, but instead he looks totally disinterested

Can't just change overnight - remember Brian's first few games were so close together he only had a handful of training sessions so probably hasn't really seen much of Sa yet and is just going on what the coaches etc have told him.

Now is his time to kick on though - become our main goalscorer now Blackman has gone

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 06 Jan 2016 13:36

Got injured just before Christmas and has only just got back to full fitness. He looked a bit off the pace on Saturday but that's not surprising after nearly a month out.

I wouldn't say he was an out and out goalscorer but he does a very good job of holding the ball up and bringing others into the game.

I'm sure with McCleary service back on the right and playing alongside Vydra will help him find some form again.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 06 Jan 2016 13:36

I want Brian to take a look at Sa in the same way he did Long. Long didn't score many until Brian became manager, the simple reason being Long spent 10% of his match time in the penalty area BB. Brian took it upon himself to tell Long to get in the box more, lo and behold Long then starts getting in the 25% region and starts scoring more regularly.

I think the same could be said of Sa. not as good as Long, granted, but good enough to score goals at this level given the right service and role in the team.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 06 Jan 2016 13:39

there is a good player in there somewhere and brian has history of getting the best out of people, i think he will come good.

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 06 Jan 2016 13:39

handbags_harris I want Brian to take a look at Sa in the same way he did Long. Long didn't score many until Brian became manager, the simple reason being Long spent 10% of his match time in the penalty area BB. Brian took it upon himself to tell Long to get in the box more, lo and behold Long then starts getting in the 25% region and starts scoring more regularly.

I think the same could be said of Sa. not as good as Long, granted, but good enough to score goals at this level given the right service and role in the team.

Sure hope so, as with Blackman gone we're going to need his goals

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jan 2016 13:41

I like the look of Sa and think he and Vydra could have the makings of a very effective pairing.

With McCleary on the right and Sa upfront we might get to see a few more balls going into the box with someone capable of getting on the end of them.

What evidence is there of Sa having a bust up with Clarke by the way? Have I totally forgotten something?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jan 2016 13:44

teignmouth hoops
handbags_harris I want Brian to take a look at Sa in the same way he did Long. Long didn't score many until Brian became manager, the simple reason being Long spent 10% of his match time in the penalty area BB. Brian took it upon himself to tell Long to get in the box more, lo and behold Long then starts getting in the 25% region and starts scoring more regularly.

Sure hope so, as with Blackman gone we're going to need his goals

Seems to me Sa spends too much time hunting for the ball on the wings rather than concentrating on working the centre of the pitch. No doubt an issue caused by the team's idiotic preference of no width at any cost and wingers being "educated" to always cut in

If Brian can knock that approach out of them then perhaps Sa will look better too.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jan 2016 10:12

I said it before, and was ridiculed to the point of people quoting me in their signatures. Not looking like I was so wrong now does it.

The guy is pony. Chuck him out and get in a journeyman Prem striker (Danny Graham) and a young, hungry lad from the lower leagues (Connor Washington). I'm doing Brian's job for him for goodness sake

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 07 Jan 2016 10:19

We've heard rumours of rifts between players. There may have been an internal issue between Blackman and Sa. Both appear to have the type of attitude that could quite easily create friction. Now that Blackman's gone, hopefully we'll see Sa back to working hard and showing he wants to be part of the team.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Jan 2016 10:35

John Smith I said it before, and was ridiculed to the point of people quoting me in their signatures. Not looking like I was so wrong now does it.

The guy is pony. Chuck him out and get in a journeyman Prem striker (Danny Graham) and a young, hungry lad from the lower leagues (Connor Washington). I'm doing Brian's job for him for goodness sake

if brians job was just spouting random nonsense

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 07 Jan 2016 10:36

If only he could have bottled the outpouring of emotion, from the fans, after his goal against Fulem. I reckon they must have heard that song across all parts of West London. He hasn't suddenly become a bad player overnight. As with a lot of strikers, it's all about the confidence. And I'm sure that our superb man manager is in the process of addressing this issue right now.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 07 Jan 2016 10:37

I do wish he's bloody well cheer up a bit.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jan 2016 10:41

melonhead
John Smith I said it before, and was ridiculed to the point of people quoting me in their signatures. Not looking like I was so wrong now does it.

if brians job was just spouting random nonsense

Random nonsense?

I'm making what is fast becoming a proven point that Sa is not good enough and suggesting replacements. How's that random nonsense?

Who would you have up top then Melonhead?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Jan 2016 10:46

I dunno, im not pretending to do brains job for him

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jan 2016 10:48

melonhead I dunno, im not pretending to do brains job for him

I think it's time you went and posted on a different forum m8. Off you go

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Jan 2016 11:00

lower case lol.

russyb

by russyb » 07 Jan 2016 11:54

don't agree with this at all... once we get the preferred wing play back in action and SA is more central and able to get on the end of crosses we will see better from him. He is a bit different to the other type of forwards we have and we need him in the side.