BFTG - MK Dons

149 posts
Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - MK Dons

by Aubery Boyce » 18 Jan 2016 10:17

Uke
paultheroyal I got lucky. Parked on a side road but on very faded double yellow lines. Mk Don fan ram up to me and pointed it out and said I'd get towed. A big thank you to him.

I literally parked a further ten yards up on a grass verge with some other cars.

I ended up at the full Park and Walk where they continued to sell tickets after the main car park bit was rammed. Ended up parking in a space outside some offices

On the hike in I saw some poor sod had his car stuck in a rut that it looked like he wasn't going to be getting out of before kick off.

About the most interesting thing all day

ditto. turned in just before the Park and walk and parked for free. about 10 mins to ground.

Saw that car on the grass verge that very much looked like it's probably still going to be stuck there now.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 18 Jan 2016 11:37

Although we looked fairly poor throughout on Saturday, I don't think we were that far off taking all 3 points. If Vydra or McCleary had taken either of the chances they had I think we would have comfortably won the game.

Ferdinand - was solid, he brings so much composure to the back 4. Hopefully he can stay fit and get McShane back in alongside him.

Norwood - seems to get a lot of praise on here which baffles me. Don't get me wrong he's had some very good games this season, but I thought he was poor. He always looks for a fancy pass instead of playing it simple along the floor. Even when passing back to the CB's he always tries to float the ball back to them instead of a simple pass along the floor.

Williams - looks to me that it's a case of trying too hard. He work his socks off and never stops running, always looks to do something with the ball but I think he just needs to release the ball quicker and trust others on the ball to do something.

John - 1000 step overs without a single completed cross. Frustrating because he's got pace and strength to beat a man but never seems to try.

Vydra - worked hard again, just can't seem to put the ball in the net. Think he would benefit from having a target man alongside him. Sa would be the obvious choice but looks like he must be on his way.

On the non-sending off, I actually thought it wasn't a red at the time. Vydra hadn't even got control of the ball and it looked like he was being forced out wide and there were covering defenders. Having seen the replay I've changed my mind, 100% a red card.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Jan 2016 12:14

leon Jesus Christ you people need to get a grip. Especially the whinger in chief windermere_royal .

We were great mid week and we were shit yesterday - it happens. So you went to Milton Keynes and we lost. Oh dear - I 'd ask for my money back.

Vendettas against players? Sa is probably off - that is probably why he didn't come on. The manager is "tactically inept". Of course he is. BM got us promoted to the top flight for only the second time in our ENTIRE history. So he's a shit manager and he always was?

Grow up you whiny little bitches. You are a fcuking disgrace.

Agreed leon.

As bad as the team is these days the fans are even worse.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Jan 2016 12:24

There is a lot of over-reactionary rubbish posted here, Facebook and Twitter about the game and the situation we appear to be in.

I've seen people suggesting the club refund tickets, that McDermott has lost the dressing room, he needs sacking, that the club is in ruins, the owners aren't backing managers etc etc. In reality we've got a squad of decent players who are under-performing and need to find a bit of form in front of goal. A new manager is in place and is slowly going to work at getting a few things right but we're not miles away from being a decent side.

The saddest thing about all this reactionary, short term bullsh*t is that one of the worst for it appears to be a professional sport broadcaster who unfortunately has quite an impact on the atmosphere around the club thanks to being in control of the main coverage of the club. Hearing some of the stuff he's come out with over the last few weeks is embarrassing, especially when he's closely involved in sport at a decent level. He really should know better.

Slater1993

by Slater1993 » 18 Jan 2016 12:48

They build a new stadium but only put 6 urinals in a toilet covering about 3 blocks of the upper tier. Shocking!

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 18 Jan 2016 12:55

Slater1993 They build a new stadium but only put 6 urinals in a toilet covering about 3 blocks of the upper tier. Shocking!

Eh? There were toilets about every 40 yards along the back of the concourse..

Apart from being laughably too big for MK, i thought it was a decent stadium, well set up bars, comfy seats, although could do with a bit more leg room IMO, and i'm a right shortarse. Has the feel of a much bigger stadium IMO.

There is no facking way there were 13k people there though, unless there were another 3k MK fans hiding in hospitality.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 18 Jan 2016 13:20

I think we ought to at least make some pretence that we've still got some intent for Sa whilst the Transfer Window is open. And given that we have so many subs in the game nowadays - its hardly a burden to include him in the 18. With Blackman gone and no 100% guarantee we get another striker, this seems like the ideal game to see if Cox is still up to it. Really, really beginning to think that Vydra should pull his finger out and score. I dont understand it, his future is decided in this loan spell.

And threads like this make me wonder if our away form is so pathetic because our away support is 'fck1ng sh1t'. Im pretty sure the contributors here arent indicative of our away support, but if Im wrong - we're in for a long season.

PS. Not sure Quinn is a match winner either

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Jan 2016 13:25

jd82
Slater1993 They build a new stadium but only put 6 urinals in a toilet covering about 3 blocks of the upper tier. Shocking!

Apart from being laughably too big for MK, i thought it was a decent stadium, well set up bars, comfy seats, although could do with a bit more leg room IMO, and i'm a right shortarse. Has the feel of a much bigger stadium IMO.

There is no facking way there were 13k people there though, unless there were another 3k MK fans hiding in hospitality.

I was impressed with how close to the pitch the upper tier felt compared to the Mad Stad nosebleed seats

Slater1993

by Slater1993 » 18 Jan 2016 13:37

jd82

The toilets were a shocker, queuing for ages. dunno how far along the next ones were but there were 6 urinals and 2 cubicles.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Jan 2016 15:36

Squelchy2507 Awful result. Awful performance. Awful game. Awful soul-less stadium. Really awful place to get to. Begrudgingly gave Franchise FC £25 of my money. Not a penny more. NEVER going back to that God-forsaken place again.

You did ? - I must've dropped it - can I have it again ?

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 18 Jan 2016 16:40

Hoop Blah There is a lot of over-reactionary rubbish posted here, Facebook and Twitter about the game and the situation we appear to be in.

I've seen people suggesting the club refund tickets, that McDermott has lost the dressing room, he needs sacking, that the club is in ruins, the owners aren't backing managers etc etc. In reality we've got a squad of decent players who are under-performing and need to find a bit of form in front of goal. A new manager is in place and is slowly going to work at getting a few things right but we're not miles away from being a decent side.

The saddest thing about all this reactionary, short term bullsh*t is that one of the worst for it appears to be a professional sport broadcaster who unfortunately has quite an impact on the atmosphere around the club thanks to being in control of the main coverage of the club. Hearing some of the stuff he's come out with over the last few weeks is embarrassing, especially when he's closely involved in sport at a decent level. He really should know better.

Totally agree Tim Dellor has a responsibility to broadcast in a fair and upbeat manner. To often in the last few seasons he gets a bee in his bonnet about a particular player and absolutely rips into them every game, this season it's been Vydra and Bond & El Habsi

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 18 Jan 2016 17:00

Lenny The Tramp Muskrat, they'll be raking it in if Spurs play there for two years during White Hart Lane rebuild.

I think the stadium looks fantastic from pics on the net and tv.

Spurs are only away from WHL for one season. And even then they'll probably play local derbies and games against the bigger teams at Wembley. Can't see the stadium rental for a few minor PL fixtures against the likes of Bournemouth and a share of the gate money making much difference to the MK business plan. Expect Spurs to elect to play all cup fixtures away as well to save on the ground rental at MK.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jan 2016 17:01

teignmouth hoops
Hoop Blah There is a lot of over-reactionary rubbish posted here, Facebook and Twitter about the game and the situation we appear to be in.

Totally agree Tim Dellor has a responsibility to broadcast in a fair and upbeat manner. To often in the last few seasons he gets a bee in his bonnet about a particular player and absolutely rips into them every game, this season it's been Vydra and Bond & El Habsi

No he doesn't .

He like everyone else has acknowledged Vydra's workrate he has however quite rightly pointed out that the player has not performed in front of goal which is what the player was brought here to do.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 18 Jan 2016 17:06

Lower West
Longhorn1970
We have options in midfield and up front, Quinn on bench, where is tshibola ? Sa on bench, Samuel out on loan and scoring goals .. what limitations ?

Where would you play Quinn? Who would you drop.

Tshilbola out injured.

Sa is off this transfer window .

Samuel needs the experience and also physically toughen up. ( As was the case with Tshilbola last season). To see if they can make the grade. Throwing young players into a team playing with with no confidence will make no difference.

Rebuilding a team takes time.

And you think the owners have the patience to develop these players ? Not from what I've seen, they just as likely to sell,'em for a couple of million

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jan 2016 19:22

leon Jesus Christ you people need to get a grip. Especially the whinger in chief windermere_royal .

We were great mid week and we were shit yesterday - it happens. So you went to Milton Keynes and we lost. Oh dear - I 'd ask for my money back.

Vendettas against players? Sa is probably off - that is probably why he didn't come on. The manager is "tactically inept". Of course he is. BM got us promoted to the top flight for only the second time in our ENTIRE history. So he's a shit manager and he always was?

So if Sa didn't play because he is probably off, why was McDermott dumb enough to waste the opportunity of a different sub by putting him on the bench?

Yes he did get us promoted but with a squad that he had assembled and a style of football that stood no chance of keeping us there. Then, once that started to become apparent, he was like a rabbit caught in headlights desperately hoping that 'togetherness' could be more effective than quality and playing style.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Jan 2016 19:26

RoyalBlue

So if Sa didn't play because he is probably off, why was McDermott dumb enough to waste the opportunity of a different sub by putting him on the bench?

Yes he did get us promoted but with a squad that he had assembled and a style of football that stood no chance of keeping us there. Then, once that started to become apparent, he was like a rabbit caught in headlights desperately hoping that 'togetherness' could be more effective than quality and playing style.

Tbf when McDermott got us promoted their was only 5 subs so perhaps he just disregards the extras as even existing.

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 18 Jan 2016 19:38

sandman
teignmouth hoops

No he doesn't .

He like everyone else has acknowledged Vydra's workrate he has however quite rightly pointed out that the player has not performed in front of goal which is what the player was brought here to do.

I feel though that he is unfairly criticised, Tim doen't rip into HRK every week, his workrate and ability are nowhere near Vydra's
Having watched him at Mk on Saturday, he should have buried the first half chance , but i'm sure he would have scored the second half one when he was tripped by their no 5.
So give the guy a break we put up with the Pog for 3 crap seasons on ridiculous money without Tim bitching about him every game

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Jan 2016 19:49

RoyalBlue

I don't know, because he's dumb? You tell me ,you're the football genius. It was probably Madejskis fault.

Once he got us promoted he should have refused it because we didn't have 30m to spend and he should have returned his motm award as well.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 18 Jan 2016 20:06

Maguire

Agreed leon.

As bad as the team is these days the fans are even worse.

+1

Must admit I was pissed off after that result, but I dusted myself down, went for a long walk .......and avoided reading the dribblers on here.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Jan 2016 20:10

LUX Must admit I was pissed off after that result, but I dusted myself down, went for a long walk .......and avoided reading the dribblers on here.

How would you know there were dribblers on this thread if you've avoided reading it ;)

I only posted because I wanted to know about the stuck car

149 posts