How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

2058 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

by Ian Royal » 11 Feb 2016 18:28

No Fixed Abode
Nameless So not at all as some people tried to portray the comment....

I guess you can read it any way you want.

Sounds to me they knew what they were doing when Clarke was in charge now they haven't got a clue.

I don't see how you can read that it's exclusive to McDermott's tenure seeing as Clarke's this season was 12 games of that shit and just 7 that weren't. And it wasn't the 7 just before he got the sack.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Feb 2016 18:36

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Sounds to me they knew what they were doing when Clarke was in charge now they haven't got a clue.

I don't see how you can read that it's exclusive to McDermott's tenure seeing as Clarke's this season was 12 games of that shit and just 7 that weren't. And it wasn't the 7 just before he got the sack.

“But it feels a bit like Russian roulette at the moment where it could go either way"

Who's in charge 'at the moment'?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Feb 2016 19:45

No Fixed Abode
Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

“But it feels a bit like Russian roulette at the moment where it could go either way"

Who's in charge 'at the moment'?

:|

“At the start of the season we were scoring early on in games, we were creating lots of chances and keeping other teams out."

"At the moment" clearly extends back to when this stopped happening. Arguably some time between Charlton and Fulham, during Clarke's tenure.

I can't believe I'm engaging.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Feb 2016 10:06

So 'at the moment' refers to going back to around November last year when Readings form started to get worse? :lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Feb 2016 11:56

To be fair, I can't see how 'at the moment' can realistically mean 3 or 4 months ago. But, by the same token, if you'd asked him back in December I'm sure he'd have said the same thing about the unpredictable nature of out performances.

We are consistently inconsistent. It's not a new thing.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Feb 2016 12:26

Dixeyroyal And this coming from someone who watches Reading from their front room and relies on the feedback of others, and you have the cheek to say that i am on planet plankton. I would respect your rose tinted opinion a lot more if you actually went to watch the f*****g games..... KNOB!

Whether or not or I choose to sit in the same stadium as people such as yourself is irrelevant to the general point that you show a bit of respect towards people who have served the club well FFS.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 12 Feb 2016 21:07

No Fixed Abode

You've got the idea ...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2016 11:36

Shame Clarke didn't. 1 win in 8 with a previously well performing squad that's all yours speaks for itself.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 13 Feb 2016 16:37

Nameless
Longhorn1970
Nameless
Not sure anyone pushed a panic button, Clarke wrote his own death notice, was told what he needed to do to regain confidence and failed to do it. The inevitable happened.

And what exactly are you wanting the board to do ? A few people think Brian should work instant miracles, and it's taking longer than they think it should. So what sort of panic button are you wanting pressed ?

if you think we're in a better place now that's great ...

You and the other bloke love your non related follow ups don't you !
Whether we are 'in a better place' or not makes no difference. What are you expecting the board to do that wouldn't be far more of a panic measure than sacking a manager who wasn't committed and failed to deliver what was clearly asked of him ?

Not panic in the first place would be nice, then we wouldn't be having this convo ...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 13 Feb 2016 16:37

Ian Royal Shame Clarke didn't. 1 win in 8 with a previously well performing squad that's all yours speaks for itself.

And we've improved how ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2016 18:09

Longhorn1970
Ian Royal Shame Clarke didn't. 1 win in 8 with a previously well performing squad that's all yours speaks for itself.

And we've improved how ?

You've been told a dozen times already.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Feb 2016 18:17

Longhorn1970 Not panic in the first place would be nice, then we wouldn't be having this convo ...

The only one panicking is you though.
The Clarke sacking wasn't a panic move.
Sacking McD now would be complete panic and pointless.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Feb 2016 18:21

Last 6: W2 D3 L1 Scored: 11 Conceded: 5

Why would you sack a manager under those circumstances?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 Feb 2016 18:42

Even League only form for the last 6 W1 D3 L2 isn't as desperate as some are making out. League form in total is W2 D3 L4, which given the complete collapse in form from some period that encompasses the Fulham swing and Clarke looking at their job, isn't dire. It's not great, but its *enough*.

Whatever happened with Clarke happened. It had deep and long term effects on the morale of the club and that's what we're suffering from and sorting through at the moment.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Feb 2016 19:13

Improving defensively. Cooper is going to make mistakes. However the more experience he gains the better he'll become as a player. McD has to plan for the long term.

Good to see Barrett getting on the bench today.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Feb 2016 23:49

stealthpapes Even League only form for the last 6 W1 D3 L2 isn't as desperate as some are making out. League form in total is W2 D3 L4, which given the complete collapse in form from some period that encompasses the Fulham swing and Clarke looking at their job, isn't dire. It's not great, but its *enough*.

Whatever happened with Clarke happened. It had deep and long term effects on the morale of the club and that's what we're suffering from and sorting through at the moment.

I don't really get the "league only" thing - it seems an easy way out for people to have a dig at the side. You can't just disregard the cup games... two of them were against a Championship side no less.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 14 Feb 2016 07:18

So making the semi final last season excuses the league form, same as winning the Simod Cup excuses getting relegated.

Do you know what, no one talks about last seasons semi final, it certainly isn't up there with the first one.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Feb 2016 07:40

Harpers So Solid Crew So making the semi final last season excuses the league form, same as winning the Simod Cup excuses getting relegated.

Do you know what, no one talks about last seasons semi final, it certainly isn't up there with the first one.

It might not excuse the poor performances and poor form but you can't just ignore the cup run as it did have a big impact on our league form. We effectively threw a couple of games through our team selection let alone attitude in some of the other games.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 Feb 2016 08:05

This season needs to end quickly and McD needs to go. We have not moved forwards at all since his arrival and I can't see that situation changing if he remains in charge.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Feb 2016 11:09

pwb I have never been impressed with McDermott, I have always thought he was lucky to get promoted last time and that showed, as we got relegated at first time of asking.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2058 posts