How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

2058 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

by Top Flight » 21 Apr 2016 19:21

Longhorn1970
Top Flight
Longhorn1970
Sounds like your making excuses for him tbh, he's shown that he can be out foxed by some very ordinary and relatively inexperienced managers, not good enough I'm afraid ...

If you were making all the recruitment decisions Longhorn, we would be in the National League South in 5 years time. We'd be looking forward to a big local derby, Reading V Maidenhead Utd.

I couldn't do any worse tbf ...

Yes you could. We'd be screwed.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Apr 2016 19:22

Maneki Neko
Hoop Blah don't expect him to be fighting a relegation battle if he gets to add 6 or 7 decent players to the ones left over from this season.

that's a big big if.

The buck stops with the manager I'm afraid not the players. There will be no influx of talent, the decent signings you refer to come with a price tag and the owners have set their stall out and it doesn't involve investing any of their own £m's !

so the buck doesn't really stop with the manager at all then, does it?

Not sure i understand what you're getting at ! The owners will hold the manager responsible for failings on the pitch, they won't be giving themselves a good telling off !

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Apr 2016 19:47

Top Flight
Longhorn1970
Top Flight
If you were making all the recruitment decisions Longhorn, we would be in the National League South in 5 years time. We'd be looking forward to a big local derby, Reading V Maidenhead Utd.

I couldn't do any worse tbf ...

Yes you could. We'd be screwed.

You miss my point, never mind !

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Apr 2016 19:53

Top Flight
Ian Royal
Top Flight And also consider that Rotherham will be in much better shape with Warnock in charge. Bristol City look like they are finding their feet under a new manager. We are the club that will be going through the most transition and change and that is what makes us vulnerable and put's us at risk. Often when a club does face that amount of change it can have seriously negative consquences.

Brian has a big job on his hands.

I can't see Warnock keeping Rotherham going long. He's your classic interim get out of jail manager these days. Ultimately, they aren't good enough and they'll get found out sooner or later. He's worked his normal brand of determined thuggery to bully them up the table, but it's not the sort of thing that works for 18 months, 3-6 months, yes.

I'm not sure Colin would agree with that label. He is a top manager at this level. It will be interesting to see what he can achieve on Rotherhams budget. I wouldn't put it past him to get Rotherham in the play offs next season.

Are you absolutely oxf*rd mental, or on a wind up?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Apr 2016 20:08

Ian Royal
Top Flight
Ian Royal I can't see Warnock keeping Rotherham going long. He's your classic interim get out of jail manager these days. Ultimately, they aren't good enough and they'll get found out sooner or later. He's worked his normal brand of determined thuggery to bully them up the table, but it's not the sort of thing that works for 18 months, 3-6 months, yes.

I'm not sure Colin would agree with that label. He is a top manager at this level. It will be interesting to see what he can achieve on Rotherhams budget. I wouldn't put it past him to get Rotherham in the play offs next season.

Colin won the league with QPR only a few years ago. I don't think your label that he is only a short term fix manager is right. He is a top manager. It would not surprise me if he lead Rotherham to the play offs next spring. I don't think that will happen but if it did, I would not be surprised.

Crux

by Crux » 21 Apr 2016 20:34

Judging by the obsessive manner and content of his posts, Top Flight is either very new to football or is a woman.

He just posts the same things time and time and time again.

Calm down, woman.

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 21 Apr 2016 21:25

Crux Judging by the obsessive manner and content of his posts, Top Flight is either very new to football or is a woman.

Calm down, woman.

ooooooooooooooh get you with the Michael Winner impression . knob head

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Apr 2016 09:07

Longhorn1970
Maneki Neko
Hoop Blah don't expect him to be fighting a relegation battle if he gets to add 6 or 7 decent players to the ones left over from this season.

that's a big big if.

The buck stops with the manager I'm afraid not the players. There will be no influx of talent, the decent signings you refer to come with a price tag and the owners have set their stall out and it doesn't involve investing any of their own £m's !

Not sure i understand what you're getting at ! The owners will hold the manager responsible for failings on the pitch, they won't be giving themselves a good telling off !

you blame the manager and say the buck styops there
and for the rest of the post go on about how its the owners fault for not investing.
youre a shambles of a man

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Apr 2016 10:36

Ian Royal
Top Flight
Ian Royal I can't see Warnock keeping Rotherham going long. He's your classic interim get out of jail manager these days. Ultimately, they aren't good enough and they'll get found out sooner or later. He's worked his normal brand of determined thuggery to bully them up the table, but it's not the sort of thing that works for 18 months, 3-6 months, yes.

Surely everyone has worked out by now that Top Flight is on a wind up.

"Super Vydra" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Apr 2016 12:50

:)
Supporting our players and manager means I'm on a wind up :?:

I think I'm just a bit more optimistic than some of the others. I'm optimistic that McDermott will bring success to Royal Elm Park and I believe that Vydra will rediscover his goalscoring form. He'll start afresh in a more supportive environment than Reading football club and will hammer in the goals without idiotic radio presenters and nobbers talking him down all the time.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Apr 2016 12:51

Ian Royal I can't see Warnock keeping Rotherham going long. He's your classic interim get out of jail manager these days. Ultimately, they aren't good enough and they'll get found out sooner or later.

Only 3 points behind Reading, Ian, so presumably you'd agree that you could say that same about us :?:

McDermott =/= Colin, tbh.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Apr 2016 12:54

floyd__streete
Ian Royal I can't see Warnock keeping Rotherham going long. He's your classic interim get out of jail manager these days. Ultimately, they aren't good enough and they'll get found out sooner or later.

Only 3 points behind Reading, Ian, so presumably you'd agree that you could say that same about us :?:

McDermott =/= Colin, tbh.

Both McDermott and Colin are very good managers. They have both won the Championship title. How many others can say that?

The ability of nobbers to judge a good manager these days is embarrasing.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 22 Apr 2016 12:57

Crux Judging by the obsessive manner and content of his posts, Top Flight is either very new to football or is a woman.

Calm down, woman.

I'm not sure it's a gender issue but he's obviously watching a very different team to me ..

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 22 Apr 2016 12:59

Top Flight :)

I think I'm just a bit more optimistic than some of the others. I'm optimistic that McDermott will bring success to Royal Elm Park and I believe that Vydra will rediscover his goalscoring form. He'll start afresh in a more supportive environment than Reading football club and will hammer in the goals without idiotic radio presenters and nobbers talking him down all the time.

How long give him to find this form ? There comes a time when you have to say enough is enough, the guy has had ample opportunity ...

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Apr 2016 13:00

Longhorn1970

Calm down, woman.

I'm not sure it's a gender issue but he's obviously watching a very different team to me ..

Really? I think I have made it pretty clear that I think this team is sh*te.

The difference is, you think it is McDermotts fault that they are so bad and want him out whereas I think it is the fault of the owners and his predecessor's that we are so sh*te and I see McDermott as part of the solution and not part of the problem. That is where we differ. We are both in agreement that we are sh*te. Is that right?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Apr 2016 13:01

Top Flight Both McDermott and Colin are very good managers. They have both won the Championship title. How many others can say that?

The ability of nobbers to judge a good manager these days is embarrasing.

^ Yep. BMc and NW are both perfectly adequate managers for moderately-sized Championship clubs. I don't like his antics, but if BMc was give the Tin-Tack as so many are demanding after 4 months or however long it is I'd be happy with NW as a replacement.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Apr 2016 13:03

Longhorn1970

How long give him to find this form ? There comes a time when you have to say enough is enough, the guy has had ample opportunity ...

That time is now Longhorn. Vydra's time is up. We tried, we failed, we aint gonna sign him unless Watford accept £500K for him. If they take £500K then I would bring him in. If they want more, let some one else take that risk. It might work it might not.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 22 Apr 2016 13:06

Maneki Neko
Longhorn1970
Maneki Neko
that's a big big if.

you blame the manager and say the buck styops there
and for the rest of the post go on about how its the owners fault for not investing.
youre a shambles of a man

Suggest you read again then, carefully this time ..

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Apr 2016 13:10

Thing is, people only gave Vydra the benefit of the doubt for so long because he has shown remarkable goal scoring form in this division before, the issue is he hasn't really recreated that outside of Watford. This to me suggest Vydra isn't really that great, it would be great if we could get that perfect set up and perfect conditions to get him being top scorer in the division but a good striker will be successful wherever they go.

Look at le Fondre and Lambert, they have had much more successful spells than flops, you've always had a good chance of getting goals with players like that, rather than strikers like Vydra who seem very one dimensional.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 22 Apr 2016 13:14

Top Flight
Longhorn1970

That time is now Longhorn. Vydra's time is up. We tried, we failed, we aint gonna sign him unless Watford accept £500K for him. If they take £500K then I would bring him in. If they want more, let some one else take that risk. It might work it might not.

Yep, same could be said for Cox and the others who seem unable to find the net, the problem in this league will be finding someone else (affordable > £1m) who can do it at this level ... Prob go abroad again !

2058 posts