BFTG - Huddersfield

225 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG - Huddersfield

by PieEater » 19 Jan 2016 23:01

Well that was oxf*rd freezing.

We started off as we left off at MK Dons and for the first quarter of an hour we were utterly shit, this time Huddersfield were a better team than we played Saturday and looked pretty threatening coming forward. They scored two but could of had 3 or 4. Then came the sending off and the game changed.

IMHO the Saturday incident that wasn't given was a 10/10, this one was more like a 7/10 but we got it. Scoring from the free kick (a cracker from Piazon) and suddenly we were back in the game.

The score flattered us but it was really all down to the red card, and for once us taking advantage of it. We're still shit at corners and crossing in general but this will give the squad a confidence boost for Saturday.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Huddersfield

by blueroyals » 19 Jan 2016 23:06

How good was Ollie Norwood? MOTM and POTS so far, there should be PL interest in him after that performance. Outstanding.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Jan 2016 23:12

Dunno what was going on in the beginning there. Obviously the game was all about the red card, but hats off to McDermott for exploiting the extra man so well. Worlds apart from Adkins' side not being able to break down 9 man Yeovil.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 19 Jan 2016 23:16

Royal Ginger Dunno what was going on in the beginning there. Obviously the game was all about the red card, but hats off to McDermott for exploiting the extra man so well. Worlds apart from Adkins' side not being able to break down 9 man Yeovil.

8 man Yeovil

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Jan 2016 23:22

That'd be 8-man Yeovil!

Anyway, tonight I thought we were OK for the first 8 minutes, bossing possession but Matej and Piazon couldn't do anything when confronted with Lynch's physicality. Then we might have had our worst 20 minutes since Adkins, giving the ball away, completely incapable of stopping Huddersfield from doing whatever the hell they wanted.
Then Matej gets dragged down , their man deservedly sees red and Piazon smacks in a delightful free kick and we didn't really look back, although the defence did fall asleep again to get done by a decent run from Wells who luckily did a Ronnie Rosenthal.
Let's hope we can take this performance and build on it on Saturday.
Finally, I don't care about Tim Dellor, but I do hope he enjoyed his plate of words.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Jan 2016 23:24

Bolton was colder.

Putting aside the shambles of a first 25 mins, excellent performance. Vydra, Norwood, Cooper and Ferdinand all brilliant. Al-Habsi made a cracking sliding save on Wells to stop them going 3-0 up which would've killed us off in the first 20 minutes. Top marks to him too.

Also LOL at the pre-match Royals Anagram on the big screen for Simon Church being "Chronic Mush"

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 19 Jan 2016 23:27

Utter shyte for the first 25/30 mins - red card (easily I would say from my angle, but wasnt anywhere near level enough in reality) and the free kick changed the game. They obviously got the hairdrier at half time, but lets not forget we were against 10 for most of the game. At 3-2 Wells hit the woodwork and it could have been dfferent.

Great confidence booster, especially for Vydra. A win is a win in the end.

oxf*rd me it was cold.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 19 Jan 2016 23:43

Well that was a freezing cold LOLZ
We were absolutely woeful/dreadful/shit (Delete as appropriate) for the first 25 minutes and Huddersfield were in cruise control, could and should have been three or four up. We came out like we couldn't be bothered. (Except Al Habsi and Mr post who kept us in the game)

They then commit Kamikaze. Player sent off when Vydra was through and subsequently bought down. We score from resulting free kick.
(Very similar sending of decision to the one at MK Dons on Saturday. This time it went in our favour)

We suddenly realised that there was a game on and won comfortably in the end.
Vydra caused them all sorts of problems and hopefully shut a few of his critics up.

Please lets hope we don't draw that lot again next season.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Jan 2016 23:46

RG7Fan At 3-2 Wells hit the woodwork and it could have been dfferent.

Was a throw in. Never a corner. So tonight for once lady luck was on our side. The guys deserved a break,

There's a good relationship between Vydra and McD judging by the embrace when he was subbed. Good man management. McD has defended his player and been proven right.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Jan 2016 23:49

Would just like to say that 635 from Huddersfield was a cracking effort from them.

Blue Blood

by Blue Blood » 19 Jan 2016 23:56

Turning point for me was Al Habsi's save at 2-0 down on the one on one. Game over if he did not make that.

Possibly turning point of season?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 00:01

Beers are on Pepe btw, he had money on a Vydra hattrick at 100/1

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 20 Jan 2016 00:11

Al Habsi did well to keep it at 2-0.
Defending was a shambles for their 2nd goal. After that it improved as their possession reduced. But it was only at 4-2 that we looked safe for the win. Full backs were regularly giving options wide as we tried to get back into the game & then later kill it off.
Norwood - good display, quality through ball for (I think) Vydra's 3rd. Up until the sending off he was the only midfielder having a good game.
Williams - more dynamic with space against 10 & prepared to run with the ball. Against 11 he didn't seem to have the time.
McCleary - off his game up to the injury. Hopefully he'll be back soon.
HRK - needs to look up & understand that no good beating 1st man if you've lost possession to the guy behind him. Couple of decent shots that were saved well by the keeper, one of which Vydra followed up on for his 1st.
Piazon - quality free kick for 2-1. Could have probably been subbed immediately after that since the rest of his performance was a mix of almost decent touches and powder puff being muscled off the ball by a crisp packet.
Vydra - good run for the red card, the goals reminded me of Alfie. Hopefully that lot will give him enough confidence to realise his potential.

John - dynamic with the ball at his feet, assist for Vydra's 2nd. Tried a number of little flicks or touches that didn't come off. Seems a better approach for him is getting the ball under control & running at defenders.
Fernandez - good strike for 5-2. Looked assured on the ball.

And I'm still thawing out

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 20 Jan 2016 00:22

Vydra hat-trick...... In your face Dellor :P

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 20 Jan 2016 00:53

The pace vydra showed to catch back up with play for his first goal was unbelievable!!!!

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 20 Jan 2016 01:25

Just seen the highlights. That was a very harsh sending off. I know we'd all be pissed off if it had been reversed.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Jan 2016 01:25

Despite the -2 temperatures that was an excellent night's entertainment for £10. Awful start however with Cooper and Ferdinand getting torn to shreds. Cooper at fault for the first misplacing his header and the lack of clearance cost us for the second. Could and should have been 4 with Al-Habsi coming out well to Wells before nearly spilling one in the net.

Game turned on the sending-off which was slightly harsh although Piazon dispatched the resulting free-kick brilliantly. From that point you only felt there was going to be one winner with the extra man advantage and the possibility of extra-time.

Vydra took his goals excellent while Ola John was far better than McCleary who was again awful before picking up another injury.

Good night's work and a winnable fourth round game with Walsall awaits.
Last edited by RG30 on 20 Jan 2016 01:31, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2016 01:30

genome Would just like to say that 635 from Huddersfield was a cracking effort from them.

635? Was there fukk.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Jan 2016 01:58

genome Bolton was colder.

^This
Bolton was something else, unnatural.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jan 2016 02:23

Don't remind me about Bolton, my toes still haven't thawed.

225 posts