Alex Fernandez

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Alex Fernandez

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 10:41

I know he was only on for 5 minutes last night, but he looked very assured and took his goal well. Please give him a couple of starts Brian, him, Norwood and Williams would be a really solid midfield. Perhaps move Piazon a bit further forward.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: Alex Fernandez

by LWJ » 20 Jan 2016 10:43

Who would we drop for him?

IMO the line up should be this;

-----------------------Al-Habsi----------------
Gunter---Anton-----Cooper------Taylor
Mcleary-------Alex------Ollie---------HRK
-------------------Williams-------------------
--------------------Vydra----------------------

If we insist on not playing Sa, otherwise I'd have Vydra where Williams is and Sa up top

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Jan 2016 10:44

I have a vendetta against the Williams Norwood partnership, which is while they are individually good they are shit as a pair.

This guy needs a start. A three man midfield with Williams further forward dropping Piazon, or drop Williams and keep Piazon in. I don't mind which.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 20 Jan 2016 10:50

LWJ Who would we drop for him?

If we insist on not playing Sa, otherwise I'd have Vydra where Williams is and Sa up top

Piazon ran the show last night - he has to start

I would also play John instead of McCleary

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 10:53

I'd try

------------------------------Al-Habsi------------------------
Gunter--------Ferdinand-------Cooper--------Taylor
----------Williams------Norwood-----Fernandez----
HRK-------------------------Vydra-------------------Piazon

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 10:55

TBM

\

Nah m8, Norwood ran the show

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Jan 2016 10:56

TBM

agreed

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 20 Jan 2016 10:57

TBM

Too lightweight, against 11 men was non existent and wants to long on the ball without the strength to hold people off.

John is a 1 trick pony. So greedy that he goes looking for his chance in the limelight, and only when he literally has no other option will he pass it. This normally means the pass comes way too late and the chance is gone.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 10:58

Except for the two times he did pass it and we scored twice?

I like Hello John, he is a little clumsy at times though.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2016 10:59

If we're going to change the personnel in midfield I'd prefer it to mean we see Quinn back in the side rather than anyone else.

With McCleary presumably out for a few games I could see Williams being moved out to the right again with one of Robson-Kanu or John in their natural position down the left.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Jan 2016 11:05

I just don't get why certain fans rate Williams?? He was brought over here as a fully fledged USA International, with Bundesliga experience, who has just been very average for us. How many MoTM appearances has he ever put in?

Would love to see a Norwood/Fernandez partnership in the middle with Quinn/Piazon playing between the midfield and Vydra

Fernandez's ball retention is excellent, he always looks composed on the ball - the only time he gave it away last night was giving them kick off after his goal :mrgreen:

Hoop Blah With McCleary presumably out for a few games I could see Williams being moved out to the right again

:shock: Christ, no thank you - it's not often I disagree with you HB, but this would be a terrible idea.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Jan 2016 11:07

genome I know he was only on for 5 minutes last night, but he looked very assured and took his goal well. Please give him a couple of starts Brian, him, Norwood and Williams would be a really solid midfield. Perhaps move Piazon a bit further forward.

Seem to get this report a lot after his brief cameos so perhaps we should be looking to sign him permanently, also Brian said of him after the game (according to CW)

"He was terrific. He is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s a terrific professional. He came on, kept the ball and calmed us down. He was very good and scored a great goal.

It has been difficult for him. But he trains right, he does things right, he lives his life right and he joins in.

He’s been very much part of what we’re trying to do here. Everybody together. I can’t speak highly enough of him
."

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Jan 2016 11:09

Fernandez's ball retention is excellent, he always looks composed on the ball - the only time he gave it away last night was giving them kick off after his goal :mrgreen:

Also a hilarious moment in the build up where a Huddersfield player tried to have a hack at him as he ran away so after passing the ball (forwards not sideways, revolutionary) turned and ran backwards to look at who did it, then turned around recieved the ball back and whacked in the goal.

Pure class.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 20 Jan 2016 11:12

genome Except for the two times he did pass it and we scored twice?

I like Hello John, he is a little clumsy at times though.

I accept that.

But having only missed 3 games home & away all season and seen all the games he has played in, I still don't think he is worthy of a start. That's without mentioning his lack of defensive work.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 20 Jan 2016 11:14

genome
TBM

\

Nah m8, Norwood ran the show

Norwood was at fault for their 2nd goal i thought - let the man run past him to receive the ball and slot it home.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 11:21

TBM Norwood was at fault for their 2nd goal i thought - let the man run past him to receive the ball and slot it home.

The whole team was underperforming in that period. Cooper, who was at fault for the first goal, went on to have a really solid rest of the match. Piazon would've also been blown over by a light breeze.

Once we got going Norwood was sublime, faultless passing and great vision. Piazon's free kick was lovely mind.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2016 11:22

Big Foot
Hoop Blah With McCleary presumably out for a few games I could see Williams being moved out to the right again

:shock: Christ, no thank you - it's not often I disagree with you HB, but this would be a terrible idea.

Haha, I agree it's not ideal but I just don't really want to see Robson-Kanu slowing the game down and cutting in all the time (not quite as bad as Blackman was) whilst doing a job for us on the right.

Hurtado just seems miles away from getting a chance so I can't see him coming straight in so just thinking of how it might pan out. Fernandez hasn't really got the pace to play out there either, but maybe that could be another option.

Esteban

by Esteban » 20 Jan 2016 11:22

Hoop Blah If we're going to change the personnel in midfield I'd prefer it to mean we see Quinn back in the side rather than anyone else.

With McCleary presumably out for a few games I could see Williams being moved out to the right again with one of Robson-Kanu or John in their natural position down the left.

This ^

As much as I like Fernández, Quinn is better.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Jan 2016 11:23

Sutekh
genome I know he was only on for 5 minutes last night, but he looked very assured and took his goal well. Please give him a couple of starts Brian, him, Norwood and Williams would be a really solid midfield. Perhaps move Piazon a bit further forward.

Seem to get this report a lot after his brief cameos so perhaps we should be looking to sign him permanently, also Brian said of him after the game (according to CW)

"He was terrific. He is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s a terrific professional. He came on, kept the ball and calmed us down. He was very good and scored a great goal.

It has been difficult for him. But he trains right, he does things right, he lives his life right and he joins in.

He’s been very much part of what we’re trying to do here. Everybody together. I can’t speak highly enough of him
."
Agreed, I would like us to sign him and I think a squad entering the 2016/17 season with Norwood, Quinn, Tshibola, Fernandez & Evans would be a squad in good health

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Jan 2016 11:25

Hoop Blah
Big Foot

Haha, I agree it's not ideal but I just don't really want to see Robson-Kanu slowing the game down and cutting in all the time (not quite as bad as Blackman was) whilst doing a job for us on the right.

Hurtado just seems miles away from getting a chance so I can't see him coming straight in so just thinking of how it might pan out. Fernandez hasn't really got the pace to play out there either, but maybe that could be another option.

How about HRK on the left & John on the right? People say John prefers the left but the amount of times he cuts back, he must be equally comfortable on the right too.

FWIW I would start Saturday with:

Al-Habsi

Taylor
McShane(C) (if fit - if not, Cooper)
Ferdinand
Gunter

Norwood
Fernandez

HRK
Piazon
John

Vydra