BFTG - Burnley

165 posts
Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Burnley

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 17 Feb 2016 10:01

So those saying I'm talking drivel, check out Transfermarkt for the positions The various players I mentioned in my post were playing when we were playing well.

As for the anecdotal stuff, yes that's a matter of opinion. I coach a kids football team and see the games through the eyes of someone wanting my boy to learn good practices though, so when I see shit football I hate it. When I see good football I rave on about it.

Anyone with half a human brain would get that what I'm frustrated about is the fact that we had a winning formula with various players in certain positions, and we've still got the time and almost all the players needed to revert back to that, and play entertaining football again.

I never thought we were nailed on for promotion back in September but I was delighted with the way we were playing. It was brilliant and I didn't give a toss about promotion or staying in the Champ.

What I can't stand is shelling out on a season ticket, and clutching at straws for things to extract of a positive nature, when those things are limited to showing a set of teeth.

I guess hobnob isn't the right place for sensible Reading chat nowadays as the kids that used to live on here are now fully grown keyboard warriors, well versed at trolling well thought out and considered information they don't agree with.

I generalise of course, but the tide has changed in here. Even Spizz is now a complete troll who's obviously forgotten we used to get on!

Chomp chomp chomp!!!!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 Feb 2016 10:37

I think that we did well with that formation/personnel for a short period because people took a while to work it out.
as soon as sides sat back and waited for us to come onto them, and sat on Norwood it was game over.
I don't think going back to that set up would work now.

not least because we lost Blackman and Sa.

its frustrating. but also clear that what this club needs now is a period of consolidation and team building, and an end to the upheaval.

imo

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Feb 2016 11:22

Super Kevin Bremner! So those saying I'm talking drivel, check out Transfermarkt for the positions The various players I mentioned in my post were playing when we were playing well.

...I guess hobnob isn't the right place for sensible Reading chat nowadays as the kids that used to live on here are now fully grown keyboard warriors, well versed at trolling well thought out and considered information they don't agree with.

Sorry SKB, you made a big thing of Piazon being a key player in our good form earlier in the season.

I don't care what TransferMarket says, he started his first league game against Burnley on 22nd September (on the left side of the 3 midfielders - Quinns position before injury) having made his debut off the bench in the 5-1 win over Ipswich a couple of weeks before. He started the next two games, home wins against Boro and Charlton, but again in that role on the left side of 3 in midfield against 'Boro. Personally I put the 'Boro game down as the last game of our good form as the Charlton game was poor, and I think Piazon played as a number 10 in that one.

I'm all for sensible Reading chat, and don't like to get pedantic over details like that, but the Piazon stuff you were saying was just wrong. As I said originally, I do tend to agree with your wider point though.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 17 Feb 2016 13:11

NeilD A decision committee afterwards would go against all principles that the referee is the authority on the pitch. Would you then want a committee to review all shirt pulling at a corner?

No it doesn't. The referee is still the authority on the pitch, nothing changes that. A decision committee (or similar) would only enhance the process by having players who are proven to have cheated, or attempted to have cheated, penalised. So, for example, Andre Gray dives but wins a penalty, panel take a look, ban him for a set period of time. How is that not an enhancement to the process? The referee loses no authority, and despite the player gaining an immediate advantage for his team the advantage is lost in the subsequent match(es) when the same player is banned retrospectively for cheating.

No compensation for the player who are on the receiving end of course, but I fail to see how that can be amended without having an immediate sanction with a video referee of some sort.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Feb 2016 13:13

It would be trickier for games outside the Premier League, due to lack of cameras. I can only find one angle of the penalty on Saturday and it looks like a dive, but you can't judge whether there is 100% no contact.

165 posts