BFTG - WBA

170 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - WBA

by bcubed » 20 Feb 2016 23:43

Royal Ginger
TBM
Royal Ginger Shame on you MOTD. They start with a piece from a Reading fan asking for them to acknowledge that Reading were good as well as West Brom being bad, which the pundits agree to before spending the whole report talking about West Brom's deficiencies. They could have been playing anyone.

Tbf West Brom were shit

Well yeah, but I'm a Reading fan on the team board so everything is the greatest injustice since OJ.

But you would think it might have been possible to say a few positive things about the way Reading played?!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Feb 2016 23:44

Assumed we'd be on last, so tuned in late, only to find we were on first. Piss you, BBC.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Feb 2016 23:45

bcubed
Royal Ginger
TBM
Tbf West Brom were shit

Well yeah, but I'm a Reading fan on the team board so everything is the greatest injustice since OJ.

But you would think it might have been possible to say a few positive things about the way Reading played?!

No, because West Brom gifted us our goals.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Feb 2016 23:50

Tbf we gifted them theirs

That was appallingly one-sided coverage, and on a prog with only 4 games.

jt_1871

by jt_1871 » 21 Feb 2016 00:57

Ian Royal
blueroyals
jt_1871
what a crock of shite you spout

:shock: :shock: :shock:

2 assists > zero goals zero assists

Very good deadball delivery, but there's more to performance than taking a couple of good freekicks. HRK was all over them and a constant threat. He had an excellent game. Norwood was better than recently, but not up to the form he showed in the first half of the season.

+1 :D

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 21 Feb 2016 03:43

The day the draw was made the word "winnable" must have been trending in the Reading area on Twitter and so it proved. Thought we were excellent throughout against awful opponents who looked anything but a Premier League team with the 11 men behind the ball in large parts.

Some particularly big performances from McShane, Hector, Quinn and Robson-Kanu. Heads didn't go down when they went ahead and McDermott's double substitution had a great impact.

Atmosphere sounded lively from the Upper West corner by the North Stand. Helped by a sell-out away following, and a smart idea to get the "13 flag" on display pre kick-off with the Royals Anthem with a fitting tribute to Ronnie Blackman.

Loved Ali Al-Habsi's crowd surf for the Piazon goal. Slowly the McDermott feel good factor is returning.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 21 Feb 2016 07:04

Come on U farking RZ!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Feb 2016 07:44

That was the most I enjoyed a home game in ages. Thought we played too much long ball first half but in the 2nd half we were brilliant. Hector my MoM. Home tie in the next round please.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Feb 2016 09:44

They might just about have enough points, but WBA to be relegated at 18/1 looks decent value.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 21 Feb 2016 09:45

taipairoyal
percy_freeman Disagree, but there again this is a discussion forum. Thought Denis did good for someone straight out of Auswitch. 9 for everyone today including us but, Michael Hector 9.9. Kin awesome........

So you condone the blatant cheating?, could have cost us the game.

I don't recall Rackels blatantly cheating. Could you be wearing your anti-immigrant glasses again?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Feb 2016 09:47

Great atmosphere. Number 13 were fantastic today – best atmosphere at Madstad since Bradford FA QF last year. In fact might have exceeded that today. Really enjoyed it.

All the players excellent but special mention to Cooper, Quinn, HRK , Norwood for two great assists and a good cameo from John. But stand out MOTM for me was Hector. He was everywhere and really up for it all game. Will be much missed next season.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 21 Feb 2016 10:00

harry
taipairoyal
percy_freeman Disagree, but there again this is a discussion forum. Thought Denis did good for someone straight out of Auswitch. 9 for everyone today including us but, Michael Hector 9.9. Kin awesome........

I don't recall Rackels blatantly cheating. Could you be wearing your anti-immigrant glasses again?

Dived twice in the first half, made a complete fool of himself, fortunately the ref just ignored him. suggest you go to specsavers.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 21 Feb 2016 10:01

Pepe the Horseman They might just about have enough points, but WBA to be relegated at 18/1 looks decent value.

18/1 probably reflects their current points rather than their play. Although they won at Everton last week. Had a look at a Baggies fans forum last night to see reaction on the Brunt incident. Pulis came in for almost as much stick as the coin-thrower. They are not happy with him. I'd have thought 8 point cushion should be enough.

Relegation always reminds me of this joke (which I'm probably not recounting very well):

2 friends are hiking in the woods, when a big bear appears and starts chasing them. The pair of them are running as fast as they can but the bear is slowly closing. Suddenly one stops, drops to his knees and starts rummaging in his rucksack. The other stops, turns and asks what the first is doing. He replies while pulling on a pair of running shoes "I've figured this out. I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you".

You don't have to be a good team to stay up. You just need 3 worse teams. Given WBA are 8 points clear of 4 teams with 12 games to go they should be ok.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Feb 2016 10:08

taipairoyal
harry
taipairoyal

Dived twice in the first half, made a complete fool of himself, fortunately the ref just ignored him. suggest you go to specsavers.

He did go down easily once, sadly it's common everywhere these days. I hope Brian tells him it's not acceptable. But how on earth those minor issues could have cost us the game I struggle to see.
File under the rest of this Tripepai's rubbish.....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Feb 2016 10:26

He's fishing. Dont encourage him to spread his infection here as well.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 21 Feb 2016 10:36

Ian Royal He's fishing. Dont encourage him to spread his infection here as well.

I'm surprised he can even support a team made up of so many foreigners.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Feb 2016 10:54

Westwood52 Baggies: Apart from ten minutes after their goal ,they were poor. A Pulis team conceding from two set pieces ?

...did I see this right? - ageing fart and very back of North Stand so bear with me 8) ...

...for our 2nd set-piece goal, we left Coops back on half-way (?) - I recall remarking to my mate, he'd not be my first choice as cover should they break and would be better in the box adding to mayhem - with Obita dropping back for him.

...anywhose - his absence from their box, appeared to engender total and utter confusion amongst their evidently pre-planned defensive set-up shape for defending against our free-kicks. This was already terminally undermined by letting us score for the first one - when they simply didn't look ready, anyway.
- so much so they all dozed again, when Hec drifted unseen round to the back post, to nod-in Olly's free-kick - which wasn't exactly swerved in - just chipped over everyone !!

Great move if planned (I'd like to think so) - or just happy-accident??

...sidles back to 'GF'

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 21 Feb 2016 10:56

Fantastic performance and result. Everyone (as Len Goodman would say) gave their all and earned the win in every sense.

So one question. Why dont we see this level of effort and commitment every week in the league?

This is still basically the same team that was 2nd in the league in September so why are we not still top 6 if the team is capable or performing to this level?

I know some on here will dismiss me for bringing negativity to the thread but if you can get past that emotion, its a fair question for a discussion board.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Feb 2016 11:02

Four Of Clubs
Westwood52 Baggies: Apart from ten minutes after their goal ,they were poor. A Pulis team conceding from two set pieces ?

...did I see this right? - ageing fart and very back of North Stand so bear with me 8) ...

...for our 2nd set-piece goal, we left Coops back on half-way (?) - I recall remarking to my mate, he'd not be my first choice as cover should they break and would be better in the box adding to mayhem - with Obita dropping back for him.

...anywhose - his absence from their box, appeared to engender total and utter confusion amongst their evidently pre-planned defensive set-up shape for defending against our free-kicks. This was already terminally undermined by letting us score for the first one - when they simply didn't look ready, anyway.
- so much so they all dozed again, when Hec drifted unseen round to the back post, to nod-in Olly's free-kick - which wasn't exactly swerved in - just chipped over everyone !!

Great move if planned (I'd like to think so) - or just happy-accident??

...sidles back to 'GF'

I think you do Norwood's delivery a disservice there. Heck of a swerve on it, perfectly executed would be my verdict.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Feb 2016 11:08

We commented on same thing IE leaving cooper at the back....

Foster and that defender were terrible for that goal....

170 posts