Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - WBA

by moo » 20 Feb 2016 21:38

Watford at home I guess we want?

They'll probably rest Ighalo etc

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 20 Feb 2016 21:43

Fantastic game,fantastic result, but spoilt by the blatant diving antics of the hapless Rakels (get rid) lucky not to have had a red.

MOTM a hard choice between HRK, Norwood, or Cox.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 20 Feb 2016 21:54

Disagree, but there again this is a discussion forum. Thought Denis did good for someone straight out of Auswitch. 9 for everyone today including us but, Michael Hector 9.9. Kin awesome........

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 20 Feb 2016 22:00

Royal Ginger HRK excellent
Hector excellent (although their goal came from a huge hole that he possibly should have been standing in)
Gunter very good
Rare nod to the ref, thought he had a good game.

West Brom must hate coming to Reading. For no good reason we've become a real bogey team for them.

Their goal was Norwoods fault

He let Fletcher jog into the space and was nowhere to be seen.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 20 Feb 2016 22:11

Steve_Upper_West Were you at the game or are you just spouting stats from a website?
Who came closest to scoring Norwood or HRK?
Sometimes a player's drive and attitude lifts the crowd who in turn lift the team... that was HRK today and by the way only a very good save from their keeper prevented Hal scoring in the first half.

Stats can often be used to help make a point.... but it does not necessarily mean that point is correct :wink:

I was at the game and Norwood had a greater contribution to the goals than HRK, so warranted a higher rating

jt_1871

by jt_1871 » 20 Feb 2016 22:13

blueroyals
Steve_Upper_West Were you at the game or are you just spouting stats from a website?
Sometimes a player's drive and attitude lifts the crowd who in turn lift the team... that was HRK today and by the way only a very good save from their keeper prevented Hal scoring in the first half.

Stats can often be used to help make a point.... but it does not necessarily mean that point is correct :wink:

I was at the game and Norwood had a greater contribution to the goals than HRK, so warranted a higher rating

what a crock of shite you spout

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 20 Feb 2016 22:20

Very enjoyable afternoon bloody love the FA Cup well played Reading home daw in QF please God

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Feb 2016 22:29

Best ground atmosphere since.... Well a very long time.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Feb 2016 22:39

Recovered a bit of our soul today.
Great game. Great perfirmance. Probably the best under brian.
Solid and organised in 1St half didnt give an inch, and created a couple of chances.unlucky to concede. But never looked nack from there.

Alhabsi 8
Gunter 8
Mcshane 8
Cooper 8
Obita 8
Hector 9
Quinn 8
Norwood 8
Cox 7
Rakels 7

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 20 Feb 2016 22:40

percy_freeman Disagree, but there again this is a discussion forum. Thought Denis did good for someone straight out of Auswitch. 9 for everyone today including us but, Michael Hector 9.9. Kin awesome........

So you condone the blatant cheating?, could have cost us the game.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 20 Feb 2016 22:43

jt_1871
blueroyals

Got to admit a very close call but Norwood just edged it for my motm.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 20 Feb 2016 22:57

Alhabsi 8 Did nothing wrong except the header.
Gunter 9.3
Mcshane 9
Cooper 9
Obita 8
Hector 8
Quinn 9.3
Norwood 9.5 MOTM
Cox 9.4
Rakels 6 Diving could have cost us.
John 7
Vydra 9
Piazon 7
HRK 9.4

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 20 Feb 2016 23:04

jt_1871
blueroyals

:shock: :shock: :shock:

2 assists > zero goals zero assists

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Feb 2016 23:04

Shame on you MOTD. They start with a piece from a Reading fan asking for them to acknowledge that Reading were good as well as West Brom being bad, which the pundits agree to before spending the whole report talking about West Brom's deficiencies. They could have been playing anyone.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 20 Feb 2016 23:15

Royal Ginger Shame on you MOTD. They start with a piece from a Reading fan asking for them to acknowledge that Reading were good as well as West Brom being bad, which the pundits agree to before spending the whole report talking about West Brom's deficiencies. They could have been playing anyone.

Tbf West Brom were shit

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Feb 2016 23:20

TBM
Royal Ginger Shame on you MOTD. They start with a piece from a Reading fan asking for them to acknowledge that Reading were good as well as West Brom being bad, which the pundits agree to before spending the whole report talking about West Brom's deficiencies. They could have been playing anyone.

Tbf West Brom were shit

Well yeah, but I'm a Reading fan on the team board so everything is the greatest injustice since OJ.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Feb 2016 23:33

TBM
Tbf West Brom were shit

Still a far better team performance than we've seen for a few months.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Feb 2016 23:38

Victor Meldrew Hopefully coingate won't be the big story after a very good win for Reading.
For me Quinn and McShane were our best players today.
Although the goals came from 2 set pieces and a breakaway I felt that we did well to restrict WBA to only about 3 chances in the game and generally we were in control.

I can't agree with snowball about Hector being a (defensive) midfielder-true enough he added steel to that area but IMHO his distribution is not very good so when he goes off to Chelsea and gets loaned somewhere I will be more than happy to see Tish play .

Ultimately credit to Brian for changing things early enough to make a difference but Dennis wide left (following Piazon playing there)didn't really work and I would have liked to have seen him in the middle rather than Cox who tried hard but never looked to be a goal threat.

So that's 14 goals in just 4 FA Cup games compared to 33 in 31 League games-I think I'll just go to FA Cup games in the future especially costing just a fiver (not serious but hopefully our league games will be a bit more exciting).

Who next?
Shrewsbury at home?

Thought Hector was excellent (apart from switching off for their goal - just seen on highlights) and his tackling and intercepting was superb. Also thought his distribution was as good as I have seen .

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Feb 2016 23:41

blueroyals
jt_1871
blueroyals

:shock: :shock: :shock:

2 assists > zero goals zero assists

Very good deadball delivery, but there's more to performance than taking a couple of good freekicks. HRK was all over them and a constant threat. He had an excellent game. Norwood was better than recently, but not up to the form he showed in the first half of the season.

170 posts