CONFIMRED - Danzell Gravenberch

124 posts
linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Danzell Gravenberch

by linkenholtroyal » 26 May 2016 12:15

if fc dordrecht are selling off players cheap can we Rangelo Janga aswell just for the name. he also scored 18 in 36 last season???

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Danzell Gravenberch

by Forbury Lion » 26 May 2016 13:17

floyd__streete Oh good, a bloke who can't even command a regular place in a struggling Dutch 2nd division side :|

Similar to Nicky Shorey then before we signed him from Leyton Orient reserves.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 May 2016 13:20

Strong looking chap.

Our team has looked generally lightweight for a while.

Who knows how good he is, but if good enough for Brian he's good enough for me.

I'm pleased with this.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 May 2016 14:14

2 world wars, 1 world cup Strong looking chap.

I'm pleased with this.

Definitely. I'd probably get him on a cutting regime over pre-season; maybe some low compound weights with high reps sort of stuff, maybe some kettlebell work, maybe even throw in some work in the pool. What's your opinion?

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 26 May 2016 14:29

Jesus you miserable mongs. Give the guy a chance.

I know last season was a miserable turd of a season, but welcome the guy into our home will ya?

Ajax must have seen something in him? Given their pedigree he should clean up.

nailseabiscuitman

by nailseabiscuitman » 26 May 2016 14:50

This board just seems to get more depressing. Unless you a big followers of Dutch or Romanian football then you know as much about him as me i.e. nothing. He has been on trial here, is known to our new man Brian Tevrenden, so I assume the club might know slightly more than the average Nobber. So it seems more of a return to the previous, very successful way of finding new players rather than loan players who in most cases were going through the motions.
I for one would like to welcome him to the club and hope he has a successful time here and wont pre-judge him

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 May 2016 20:04

Forbury Lion
floyd__streete Oh good, a bloke who can't even command a regular place in a struggling Dutch 2nd division side :|

So we'll see him in the side sometime around Easter then?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 11:25

Hoop Blah
Forbury Lion

So we'll see him in the side sometime around Easter then?

My reference was to the total lack of patience in watching and seeing players develop. Which for me is part of the joy of the game. If I wanted to watch the finished product then I'd still support a Premiership Team.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 27 May 2016 21:09

2 world wars, 1 world cup Strong looking chap.

I'm pleased with this.

So it would appear that Brian could not have signed him, so who did! You'd like to think that either they have the 'approval' of the new manager, or it's something that the new manager is going to have to get used to.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 21:11

Forget the Swindon trip Steve :wink:

Totally bemused by this

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 May 2016 10:16

He played 28 games out of 34, so I fail to see how that qualifies as "can't even command a regular place".

Of course, he could be crap, but with Tevreden knowing him from his time at Ajax, he should have a very good take on his abilities, so I wouldn't bracket this as a random punt on someone who's been scouted a few times.

You would hope in the few month Tevreden has been at Reading, he'd have a handle on what the championship is like too. Only time will tell.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 May 2016 10:25

There was also Shane Long, with a massive 1 professional appearance before we signed him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 May 2016 10:45

genome There was also Shane Long, with a massive 1 professional appearance before we signed him.

We could probably do with Gravenberch not taking 5 years to be good enough to command and deserve a regular starting slot though.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 28 May 2016 11:27

clap clap clap clapclap clapclap
who?

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 28 May 2016 13:00

nailseabiscuitman This board just seems to get more depressing. Unless you a big followers of Dutch or Romanian football then you know as much about him as me i.e. nothing. He has been on trial here, is known to our new man Brian Tevrenden, so I assume the club might know slightly more than the average Nobber. So it seems more of a return to the previous, very successful way of finding new players rather than loan players who in most cases were going through the motions.
I for one would like to welcome him to the club and hope he has a successful time here and wont pre-judge him

This. This forum is unbelievable at times.

Sign someone who we haven't heard of: "WHAT. WE SHOULD BE SIGNING PLAYERS WE'VE HEARD OF AND PROVEN QUALITY AND MILLIONS OF POUNDS AND ADAM LE FONDRE"

Sign someone with a bit of a name, or for lots of money: "WHAT. FOLD THE CLUB AND WASTE OF MONEY AND THE READING WAY IS DEAD AND IM NEVER SPENDING MONEY ON RFC AGAIN AND THAIS OUT."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 May 2016 18:48

Rollerbob
nailseabiscuitman This board just seems to get more depressing. Unless you a big followers of Dutch or Romanian football then you know as much about him as me i.e. nothing. He has been on trial here, is known to our new man Brian Tevrenden, so I assume the club might know slightly more than the average Nobber. So it seems more of a return to the previous, very successful way of finding new players rather than loan players who in most cases were going through the motions.

This. This forum is unbelievable at times.

Sign someone who we haven't heard of: "WHAT. WE SHOULD BE SIGNING PLAYERS WE'VE HEARD OF AND PROVEN QUALITY AND MILLIONS OF POUNDS AND ADAM LE FONDRE"

Sign someone with a bit of a name, or for lots of money: "WHAT. FOLD THE CLUB AND WASTE OF MONEY AND THE READING WAY IS DEAD AND IM NEVER SPENDING MONEY ON RFC AGAIN AND THAIS OUT."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe people who use this forum don't all have the same opinion, and some might like bargain players, and some might prefer more well-known ones.

A radical idea, I know, but it could just be possible.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 30 May 2016 16:32

Reading fans are nothing if not fair.

Expect him to be booed off the pitch if he hasn't scored a hattrick and made several goal line clearances on his debut.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 May 2016 16:34

Surely you only get booed off the pitch if you've scored the goal that won the club promotion to the Premier League.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 31 May 2016 09:21

sandman Surely you only get booed off the pitch if you've scored the goal that won the club promotion to the Premier League.

Getreading have done a piece in our new wonder signing with someone from his former club giving us the lowdown on him.

Apparently he's an injury prone tank of a player who isn't quick and cant shoot for shit. He's not tall enough to be a CB and the reporter isn't sure if he is good enough for the championship.

He's strong though but as agile as a bus.

Good work Thais. Looks promising. :lol:
Last edited by Lacoste on 31 May 2016 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 31 May 2016 09:25

Winston Smith is hereby officially supporting Gravvo until at least he proves me he is not good enough at which point I will aim personal abuse at him hoping it will make him better at his job.

clap clap
clap clap clap
clap clap clap clap
Danzell Gravenberch!

124 posts