BFTG Birmingham

176 posts
Snowball136

Re: BFTG Birmingham

by Snowball136 » 10 Apr 2016 19:31

Emeraldroyal
Platypuss As above - Commonwealth countries (with the exception of Australia) aren't "Foreign" either (in terms of English law) as the Queen is their Head of State.

So not sure where that leaves the definition.

Who cares back to topic.
We were pants yesterday....discuss

it was the fault of the foreigners

Yours

Britain First
The National Front

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 10 Apr 2016 19:34

Snowball136
Emeraldroyal
Platypuss As above - Commonwealth countries (with the exception of Australia) aren't "Foreign" either (in terms of English law) as the Queen is their Head of State.

Who cares back to topic.

it was the fault of the foreigners

Yours

Britain First
The National Front

Oxford you're right !
McDermott is Irish too and Dolan.
It's all our fault.
Bring back Long / Doyle and mad-hunt...
No wait..... :wink:

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 10 Apr 2016 21:33

Emeraldroyal

Who cares back to topic.

Nothing to do with passports (you can buy one on line) or Commonwealth,, or head of state, if the bones of your ancestors are not buried on these Islands then you are not ethnically British, English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Apr 2016 22:01

taipairoyal
Emeraldroyal

Who cares back to topic.

Nothing to do with passports (you can buy one on line) or Commonwealth,, or head of state, if the bones of your ancestors are not buried on these Islands then you are not ethnically British, English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh.

So I can become ethnically Thai by exhuming some ancestors, shipping them to Thailand and burying them there? AWESOME.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 10 Apr 2016 22:23

Ian Royal
taipairoyal
Emeraldroyal

Who cares back to topic.

So I can become ethnically Thai by exhuming some ancestors, shipping them to Thailand and burying them there? AWESOME.

WTF you said your from Africa???????????, but you do look like Buddha.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Apr 2016 23:39

paddy20
CountryRoyal Can genuinely see the Thais shafting McD in the summer.

Shouldn't that be the other way round considering his performance so far. Nice bloke but out of his depth

Can't genuinely see McD shafting the Thais in the winter?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 11 Apr 2016 08:32

This was shit. Good day, shouldn't have bothered with the football.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 11 Apr 2016 08:52

For a team playing with four centre midfielders, we had no presence in the middle whatsoever.

It was clear after 10 minutes that we were being overrun in the middle and something needed to change, but we persisted and just had no rhythm at all.

Everything had to go through Norwood and with no real options ahead of him, he slowed the game so much. Added to that the fact that Birmingham were in the lead from the first minute, they got into a disciplined shape and just snuffed us out completely.

Width was provided by Obita and Gunter but there was no thought for the phase of play after and if the cross didn't work the first time, there was no option after that and we ended up back at McShane or Cooper, who gave it to Norwood and it all started again.

We can't play the diamond against any team that presses the ball, and with our players we probably shouldn't be trying it at all.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 Apr 2016 09:45

Let's not read too much into this game.

Just like on Tuesday night, it was a pre-season friendly. On Tuesday, Forest didn't play with the kind of intensity that you would usually expect from a Championship side in this dog eat dog division and we comfortably swept them aside. On Saturday, Reading didn't play with any intensity and Birmingham who are still hanging on to a thin strand of hope that they can make the play-offs if they win EVERY game played with strength, character, passion and intensity and swept us aside.

McDermott was taking a longer and deeper look at Piazon. Perhaps he is considering whether to make a move in the summer. He gave Cox another chance as he soon needs to decide whether Coxy is worth keeping on board for next season as well. Vydra, he has seen enough of and has probably already made his mind up on. Ola John the same.

We were just going through the motions, didn't wanna fight against a solid, well organised Birmingham side who are making a last ditch attempt to make the top 6. If other results went their way over the weekend then play-offs could have still been within their reach. But it is looking a very tall order for them right now.

The game was up after the first minute as our players had no appetite to fight their way back into the game. Three straight wins was always going to be a big ask for this bunch of sorry no hopers. The sooner we can get to the summer, the better.

Long live Brian McDermott and long live Reading FC. We've been through much worse and better times are ahead. Keep the faith and keep up the great support Reading fans!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 Apr 2016 09:52

paddy20
Top Flight Constant progress until we became champions.

You need to just calm down my friend and temper your expectations a tad. McDermott is not a miracle worker. He needs time to make improvements and he cannot succeed alone. He is important in our success but it is not going to happen without a lot of other things being right at the club as well.

Can you honestly say there has been any improvement at all since he came? Yes managers need time but you should at least start to see things moving in the right direction. We are miles worse than when Clarke was here.

Think its time for a change right at the top - Howe??? He doesn't care about us supporters. I have been a loyal fan for over 50 years and I wrote him a letter about a suggestion I had and he couldn't even bother to reply. Maybe I wasn't worth the stamp!

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to take a number of steps forward. We can't judge whether McDermott has improved anything after a couple of months with this bunch of losers who don't perform for ANY manager. It will take time for even the very best of managers to turn this ship around. Moaning about it right now doesn't help anybody. It's like we're putting pressure on the board to make another managerial change, yet again. It's futile. No manager will achieve anything at Reading FC with this set up in just a few weeks. It will take years. Just enjoy the football and stop worrying about the results. Let's just get behind the team and support them. They'll get it right eventually.

Was your suggestion to the club realistic and workable? What did you suggest?

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 11 Apr 2016 10:44

genome Anyone else spot the helmet in Y25 sporting a Reading shirt with "Yaya Toure" on the back?

I despair, sometimes I really do.

Yes!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Apr 2016 10:47

Some people have said "Worst performance of the season".

But remember. Things are improving under BM.

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 11 Apr 2016 11:02

A few things i couldn't understand about Saturdays team choice, we finished on Tue against a poor forest team with Vydra & John having come on as subs and looking good why not start them against Brum.

Secondly how does Piazzon get in to this team, yes he's a technically gifted player, but with the heart of a mouse, on tues he had a go at Quinn because he was out of position and horror horror he had to run back 60 yds, and when he was substituted he threw his training top at the dugout, yet he's picked again saturday and instead of contributing and showing what he can do, he constantly moaned at his teammates.

Thirdly why don't we play and blood some of the younger players Keown a shining example to get them ready for next season, the fans would be happier seeing some of the up and coming players given a chance than the loanees and has-beens who don't appear to give a monkees

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Apr 2016 11:35

tmesis
Snowball
Platypuss
Explain.

Not interested in the technical definition but the idea that when I go
to Dublin or Cork I am "in a foreign country" is frankly ridiculous.

Ditto Scotland or Wales.

Newcastle is more foreign than any part of ireland

How would you define foreign?

Ireland isn't British, isn't part of the UK, and has it's own government, a different currency, you need to show your passport to get in...

Culturally there are big similarities, and if you go there is doesn't look different to places in the UK, but that doesn't stop it actually being a foreign country.

Irish can be from northern or southern Ireland.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Apr 2016 11:36

No Fixed Abode Some people have said "Worst performance of the season".

When I'm on a fitness and diet regime I weigh myself every day

In general the weight improves (gets lower) but at any one time, for a day
or two-three days it might go up. They are "bad days" but if the overall trend
is down, I can be improving and still have a "worst performance".

That "worst performance came four days after what
many thought was our BEST performance of the season

and the simple fact is we went DWWL over 4 games, 7 points
so were looking better (without being brilliant)

Now if we play so poorly and without fire at Boro and lose, say 4-0
then go to Leeds and surrender and lose 3-0, then come home to Hull
and show no fight and lose 0-2 THEN you will have a point.

It's the TREND not a single result,that matters

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 11 Apr 2016 11:55

Credit is due to a very well organized Birmingham team who have the 4th best away record in the league. Their tactics away from home are to basically nullify the opposition strengths knowing that they have the quality going forward to nick a goal. They would have seen the Forest game and basically set up to stop our full backs getting out and playing Donaldson on the left side of midfield was very astute on the part of Gary Rowett. He worked his socks off to stop Gunter going forward whilst also making the box any time they got into a crossing position.
Some observations with regard to us would be

Full backs - They are just involved in too many goals against one way or another. Obita 5 yards off instead of getting tight and stopping the cross for the goal. Gunter not reacting to the spilled free kick when their centre back does react. I have some sympathy with Obita in that he spent his formative years learning to be a winger but unfortunately he defends like one too often. We need two full backs who can defend first and foremost
Norwood - I am a fan but he too often takes the easy option in terms of playing where there is little pressure. He played 10 yards too deep on Saturday and pretty much ended up as a third centre back at times.
Piazon - Don't think we'll see him play again for us. If you play at the top of a midfield diamond then you have to influence the game going forward and he didn't at any point.
Cox - He is actually one of our better footballers and it was interesting to see him given the Piazon role at the start of the second half. Wouldn't surprise me to see him given a 1 year extension.
Kermorgant - Looks a genuine threat when we get crosses in as we did against Forest but cut that supply line and he is ineffective.
McDermott - He often tweaks things during a game but both he and the players looked lost for ideas after the first quarter of the game. Formation clearly being nullified by Brum but no attempt to mix it up, even if it was just a few diagonal crosses to get people running off Kermorgant.

I actually left early for the first time ever which sums it up I guess.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Apr 2016 12:05

Credit is due to a very well organized Birmingham team who have the 4th best away record in the league. Their tactics away from home are to basically nullify the opposition strengths knowing that they have the quality going forward to nick a goal. They would have seen the Forest game and basically set up to stop our full backs getting out and playing Donaldson on the left side of midfield was very astute on the part of Gary Rowett. He worked his socks off to stop Gunter going forward whilst also making the box any time they got into a crossing position.

bang on

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 Apr 2016 12:14

Ireland isn't British,
Wrong. Ireland IS one of the British Isles (a geographic feature).
isn't part of the UK

Partly correct. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland clearly does include part of the island of Ireland.
Irish can be from northern or southern Ireland.
Correct.

The 20th century has allowed a real clouding of the issue. So, for once and for all;

Great Britain is, essentially, the island that includes England, Scotland and Wales. It also includes most of the Scottish islands and the IoW (but not the Channel Islands or the IoM).

The British Isles are a group of islands that include GB and Ireland.

The United Kingdom is a nation state that includes GB and NI.

Eire / Ireland is a independent nation state that is in the British Isles but not part of Great Britain or the UK.

British is an abused term that is usually misused (by almost all of us) to describe inhabitants of the UK.

It is not that hard really.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Apr 2016 12:30

Snowball
No Fixed Abode Some people have said "Worst performance of the season".

That "worst performance came four days after what
many thought was our BEST performance of the season

So a 2-1 home win over free falling Forest was better than a 5-1 home win over promotion chasing Ipswich. OK then. :|

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Apr 2016 12:40

taipairoyal
Emeraldroyal

Who cares back to topic.

A bit harsh on those whose ancestors were buried at sea, cremated, buried in a war grave over in France etc..... also how far back are you going for ancestors? Is it worth a foreigner bringing their elderly relatives over and burrying them here (dead or alive)?

176 posts