It it worth buying a sesaon ticket for 2016/7

191 posts
KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: It it worth buying a sesaon ticket for 2016/7

by KC Royal » 13 Apr 2016 09:31

BR2
West Stand Man I have to drive up from Cirencester for each home game. It has become more and more of a chore to do that and sit through the level of dreariness that is being served up at the moment. I will have a serious think about next season and quite possibly switch to buying a ticket when ever I feel like going to a game. The only factor that comes out in favour of ST is that it provides an opportunity for regular father / daughter time and my daughter is moving back to the area this autumn. The economics just don't work out though as I have missed too many games through a lack of will/ desire to put myself through that long drive.

None of the rest of the family want to come any more to games so it is solo travelling for me on match day.
The process starts at about 10-45 and back home by about 7-15 so it is almost an all-day job.
I don't think the local posters on here understand the level of commitment and cost involved by those not on the doorstep as I never did when in early days of going to Elm Park it involved leaving the house at about 2-50 and back home by 5-10 at the latest.
I hate evening games-a long day at work, the drive up and then getting home by just after midnight.

Commitment from the players is surely the very least that we might expect and this season in particular it hasn't felt (despite all those socks being worked off) that most of the players are as committed as many of the fans.

All credit to Haag Royal for his major commitment and that of his Canadian acquaintance who makes a mega commitment.
As other posters have said, it is a drug and to some extent a social club but it would be good to have a bit of excitement as well because the football has been mainly grim these past 3 years-I do hope the stadium announcer gets shot soon ;a bit harsh, just lose your f*****g voice.

I will probably renew.

Can relate to most of the first paragraph. Admire your willingness to go solo, if I couldn't get anyone to go with me, or know friends who are going to be there, i'm not sure I would go myself. Leaving/arriving home sounds about right for me too, and I used to leave earlier than that in the past. May start doing that again if parking becomes a hassle in future. I haven't been to a midweek game for a long time though-the prospect of rush hour traffic on the M25 and possibly struggling to get there for kick-off, plus getting home after midnight just doesn't really appeal.

Never had a season ticket though, and whilst never say never I can't see that changing when i'm able to get to less games these days.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 13 Apr 2016 12:30

An afterthought.
With Gunter having been given a new contract (bad enough) I might not renew if Kanu also gets a new contract.
Kanu's good form over the years has been spasmodic and his injury record is dreadful so for the club to give him a new contract says to me that there is no real ambition other than to survive and build only off the pitch rather than on it..
I won't be in a hurry to renew and will probably leave it until the last minute.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 14 Apr 2016 02:53

Yes I will renew. What else do I have in my sad pathetic life. Next season Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland Leeds, and Burton. Bring it on.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Apr 2016 09:39

BR2 An afterthought.
With Gunter having been given a new contract (bad enough) I might not renew if Kanu also gets a new contract.
Kanu's good form over the years has been spasmodic and his injury record is dreadful so for the club to give him a new contract says to me that there is no real ambition other than to survive and build only off the pitch rather than on it..
I won't be in a hurry to renew and will probably leave it until the last minute.

Nice use of spasmodic.

bubibe

by bubibe » 14 Apr 2016 11:19

Jackson Corner Yes I will renew. What else do I have in my sad pathetic life. Next season Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland Leeds, and Burton. Bring it on.

..& sadly Reading

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 18 Apr 2016 14:14

Dave-Royal i be going to renew season ticket. , but price are going up I bet you !
and I think we be in trouble next season

Interesting point that you raise about the prices!

We are struggling to fill the ground up as it is never mind raising the prices, there has been very little excitement for the fans post Clarke era and even then there was nothing to get too excited about.

I think a lot of it will depend on what the club with the squad over summer. There is being patient as a fan and then there is deserving better. The last two years have simply not been good enough in the league.

I trust BM will get it right in the summer, but we desperately need a squad full of permies who care about this club and are willing to give their all to the cause.

Only once we have the right characters in the team and the old Reading spirit back, the fans might start to come back in their numbers and invest their time into the team.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Apr 2016 22:11

I like football, I like Reading FC, I like to escape from my everyday, I like watching a film/reading my book on the train journey, I like to be able to shout at the crap and sing for the sublime, I like a loyalty based discount system, I like the people who sit around me. Yes, I will purchase a ticket which grants me access to these facilities.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Apr 2016 21:57

So it might go up or stay the same ... presumably it might also go down. So that's a pretty decent prediction - the only outstanding option is that they abolish STs altogether.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Apr 2016 22:25

Royal Ginger I like football, I like Reading FC, I like to escape from my everyday, I like watching a film/reading my book on the train journey, I like to be able to shout at the crap and sing for the sublime, I like a loyalty based discount system, I like the people who sit around me. Yes, I will purchase a ticket which grants me access to these facilities.

Nicely put
You may even have pursuaded me

BhatMhen

by BhatMhen » 20 Apr 2016 09:18

I think it's not necessary to buy tickets, instead of buying tickets why should we buy clothes or anything that is what we truly needed.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 24 Apr 2016 22:52

Standing by tomorrow everyone...

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 24 Apr 2016 23:56

BhatMhen I think it's not necessary to buy tickets, instead of buying tickets why should we buy clothes or anything that is what we truly needed.

Youre right. Where have my priorities been? All over the place, thats where

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Apr 2016 11:54

Dave-Royal I have been told season tickets price might say the same as the 7 years freeze the price ,but may go up £5

Dave-Royal season ticket renewals
out today !! watch the website today
adults season ticket is £325
there gone down !!!

So to confirm, season tickets will either go up, down or freeze?

Marc89

by Marc89 » 25 Apr 2016 12:12

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/tickets/seas ... ts/prices/

Prices are up here - £375 adult renewal in East Stand think thats the same as last year?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Apr 2016 12:21

Royalwaster So it might go up or stay the same ... presumably it might also go down. So that's a pretty decent prediction - the only outstanding option is that they abolish STs altogether.

They've gone up, stayed the same, and gone down! Adult tickets frozen in Lower West and East, up by £25 in Upper West, down by £50 in North.

Everybody was right!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Apr 2016 12:22

Marc89 http://www.readingfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/prices/

Prices are up here - £375 adult renewal in East Stand think thats the same as last year?

Yep - same as last year.

Renewing next week probably.

Tilehurst_13

by Tilehurst_13 » 25 Apr 2016 12:37

Personally think the prices are a little disappointing especially, when looking at schemes other clubs are implementing.

My ST is in the east stand so no change in price for me. Not sure I can justify the expense to watch the current dross on show.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 25 Apr 2016 12:39

Tilehurst_13 Personally think the prices are a little disappointing especially, when looking at schemes other clubs are implementing.

My ST is in the east stand so no change in price for me. Not sure I can justify the expense to watch the current dross on show.

You won't be missed with that sort of attitude.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Apr 2016 12:43

£375 for me and my little one - yep having some of that. Thank you.

Tilehurst_13

by Tilehurst_13 » 25 Apr 2016 12:45

Armadillo Roadkill
Tilehurst_13 Personally think the prices are a little disappointing especially, when looking at schemes other clubs are implementing.

You won't be missed with that sort of attitude.

Cheers m8.

191 posts