Post Mortem - McShane v Williams

144 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Post Mortem - McShane v Williams

by Sutekh » 13 Apr 2016 06:51

Well after last night with the outburst on the playing field and the outbreak of Danny Williams impressions on the board (and in the commentary box) I think i'm safe to say it's all come to a head.

1. Think most of us (whether we agree with Brian's reappointment or not) know he needs a summer to make serious decisions about the playing side and made several changes.

2. Also that by far the majority of us DO NOT want any of the loanees to play again this season.

3. That team in the remaining games includes some of the youngsters. Not asking for 11 of them every game but a smattering in the selection. For example, let's have Bond back in goal for the remaining games, let's have the likes of Novakovich, Keown, Barrett, Kuhl, Long getting starts at least it'll put some interest into watching the team and with nothing at stake isnt going to scar them for life if they drop a ricket or two

4. Anything but Vydra and Tim having one at games and certain nobbers having one on the match threads again :shock: :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Post Mortem

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Apr 2016 07:04

Agree with all but your final point. Al-Habsi should get a new contract so I'd stick with him. Most of those youth players are nowhere near good enough. I'd play Evans more in our last few games and give a couple of youth players likr Keown and maybe Barrett a run in the side as throwing them all in would be suicide.

This summer Williams, McCleary, Cox and Robson-Kanu should move on and I'd only maybe keep Taylor and John from the loan signings. We need to sign 7 players in the summer.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 13 Apr 2016 07:19

I have a horrible feeling that next season will be no better. This season we had potentially the best squad in the division albeit loans etc. I reckon it was a one off attempt to get to the Premiership and that pot of gold, a quick return on the Thai's investment, but it has failed dismally.
The planning has gone in and of course will be passed for the redevelopment of the area around the stadium and i just cant see the Owners parting with any more money in a hurry.
We could well be in for a few years of "Rebuilding" whilst the development goes on and funds are minimal.
In a town and at a club that has loads of fickle fans the Thai's have to be very careful.
It would be nice to hear something from them either way but they do appear to have sunk into the background these days.
Worrying Times

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 13 Apr 2016 07:30

How can there be such a change in a team in one season? :shock:
Why did Clarke speak to Fulham? :?
Answers on a post card.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Apr 2016 07:48

Not sure if I love these threads or despair at these threads.

FFFS we just lost to the champions elect. Just. We should of won it. You wanted passion, you got passion with a tear up but now that means a split in the camp and all things wrong apparently!

Yes, things are wrong, we are a bit shit and teams are better than us. Simple as. Loanee's have not worked and Brian has come out and said he does not like loans and wants that to change so that's one wish for starters.

People who think this is best squad in division is dillusional. It clearly ain't. We have had no proper wingers, Piazon is carried week in week out. A left winger trying to be a left back and a young lad making out his career as a centre back.

My biggest fear 10 games ago was relegation. Thank god we are safe from that.

Summer will be a period of transition. Again it could be very exciting. There is a core of excellent players at the club and let's hope we find some nuggets to compliment the first team to make next season more bearable.

Some of the young players are not good enough. However when those are given a chance and shine they do seem to be bombed out which is a worry aka Fosu!!

Al Habsi has improved ten fold this season and to replace him with bond for remainder of sesson would be ridiculous.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Apr 2016 08:09

Couldn't believe what I read on twitter last night, large numbers of messages saying "The sooner Williams goes the better", etc...

It's obvious to me that Williams and McShane + whoever else was involved will be absolutely fine. It's a heated game where tempers flared. I for one like to see that at times, it shows passion.

I would be concerned if it was a continual problem or if he was causing trouble within the squad, or didn't quite fit in

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 13 Apr 2016 08:22

For someone who isn't a fan of loan signings, he sure does like to play them!

Not sure why Brian isn't giving the youngsters a chance; the season is over. If we had got turned over so easily by Birmingham with some youth players involved, I wouldn't really have had a problem with that. These guys have nothing left to play for, change it up and soon.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 13 Apr 2016 08:29

loyalroyaldaz This season we had potentially the best squad in the division

:lol:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 13 Apr 2016 08:59

Winston Smith
loyalroyaldaz This season we had potentially the best squad in the division

:lol:

+1. No idea why this phrase keeps cropping up when it's clearly nonsense. It's a squad that's underachieving for sure, but "potentially the best squad in the division"? Not even close.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Apr 2016 09:00

Does anyone remember back in August when people were placing bets on us getting Automatically Promoted?

I also recall others (me included) being swept up in the "we have an amazing squad"... Orlando Sa, Hurtado, Vydra, Fernandez, Tshibola, etc...

el_presidente

by el_presidente » 13 Apr 2016 09:04

The entire season turned in that 10 minutes at Fulham where Tshibola got injured and we let in 3 goals. Crazy really but that is the truth. It was to Clark's detriment that he couldn't change course after that setback.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 13 Apr 2016 09:25

royal_rumble For someone who isn't a fan of loan signings, he sure does like to play them!

Not sure why Brian isn't giving the youngsters a chance; the season is over. If we had got turned over so easily by Birmingham with some youth players involved, I wouldn't really have had a problem with that. These guys have nothing left to play for, change it up and soon.

Ever thought that he might have been told to by the owners or it may be in the loan agreements ?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 13 Apr 2016 09:34

el_presidente The entire season turned in that 10 minutes at Fulham where Tshibola got injured and we let in 3 goals. Crazy really but that is the truth. It was to Clark's detriment that he couldn't change course after that setback.

He had a bit of a bad run. Nothing he couldn't have dealt with. If he had of stayed I believe we would be in play-offs. If it wasn't for his points Brian would have taken us down.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Apr 2016 09:57

loyalroyaldaz
royal_rumble For someone who isn't a fan of loan signings, he sure does like to play them!

Ever thought that he might have been told to by the owners or it may be in the loan agreements ?

Then maybe he should let people know that. If not, then he is paying the price for being a 'yes man' who 'won't rock the boat'

If it is neither of those reasons, then you do have to question what he is doing (although I could understand him not blooding youngsters last night)

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:01

hes been playing 1/2 loanees per game since we were safe.

with a squad with 6 loanees, it would be near impossible not to.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:03

bobby1413 Does anyone remember back in August when people were placing bets on us getting Automatically Promoted?

I also recall others (me included) being swept up in the "we have an amazing squad"... Orlando Sa, Hurtado, Vydra, Fernandez, Tshibola, etc...

its those exotic foreign names that get you every time isn't it.
:oops: I was exactly the same.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:04

loyalroyaldaz

clarkes deal for chalobah last year was - we pay his wages if he doesn't play-

ive no reason to think he didn't put those clauses into this years deal too

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:05

el_presidente The entire season turned in that 10 minutes at Fulham where Tshibola got injured and we let in 3 goals. Crazy really but that is the truth. It was to Clark's detriment that he couldn't change course after that setback.

say what you like

its been yet another incredible emotional roller coaster of a season.
Last edited by Maneki Neko on 13 Apr 2016 10:08, edited 1 time in total.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Apr 2016 10:07

Maneki Neko
bobby1413 Does anyone remember back in August when people were placing bets on us getting Automatically Promoted?

its those exotic foreign names that get you every time isn't it.
:oops: I was exactly the same.

It is.

If I hear that Reading are signing anyone called "Fernando", or "Christiano", or "Pepe", or "Guan", etc... I immediately jizz my pants.

Comparatively, I shrug with disdain if I hear we are signing "Smith", or a "Dave" or a "Steve". Boring, I want foreigners with tans and with broken English.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:07

RoyalBlue
loyalroyaldaz

Then maybe he should let people know that. If not, then he is paying the price for being a 'yes man' who 'won't rock the boat'

If it is neither of those reasons, then you do have to question what he is doing (although I could understand him not blooding youngsters last night)

LOL at expecting/wanting a manager to come out and say - im only playing him because its in the loan contract/because the owners cant afford not to.

MMMMMMMmmmmm motivational.

144 posts