Biggest Disappointment !!! this season ??

percy_freeman

Re: Biggest Disappointment !!! this season ??

by percy_freeman » 16 Apr 2016 00:38

Sorry, but I'm with Tim Nice but dim Dellor on this one, 2.5 million to loan Vydra.....disappointing is only halfway there

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Apr 2016 10:09

Fulham away - second half
Mike Deans appointment v Palace
Not getting promoted
Clarke talking to Fulham
Lack of entertainment
Lack of atmosphere
Blackman and Sa leaving - loved their songs
Vydra
Kermogant
Season fizzling out - nothing to play for
Good Old Boy queues
State of the pitch
Not being able to choose between disappointments

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Apr 2016 10:19

The continued use of the word Kermit to refer to Kermorgant

The bloke I quite get along with giving up on coming to games in January leaving me sat on the end of an aisle on my own

Having to bring my own 'guest sauces' for my half time chips as the selection outside the ground lacks imagination.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 16 Apr 2016 11:06

Sweet Caroline....Jesus wept that's awful.

Small measures on bovril poorly stirred.
The closure of the fan car park forcing me to the holiday inn madness.

On the pitch ?
Well pretty much everything and everyone. A nod to mcshane / Quinn / Norwood / John (when he wants to) and al habsi.

That's it.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Apr 2016 16:47

End of season not arriving quickly enough

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 16 Apr 2016 17:57

1) Not team related but some of the best away days- Hillsborough, Ipswich, Derby, Brighton all midweek.
2) the team still playing in first gear - slow and lumbering
3) the amount of mistakes (starting on the first game of the season) that have cost us matches - but no-one seems to learn from them
4) why does Reading think that dribbling through a defence is an out dated concept - so all we get is inept crosses.
5) still being contracted to Puma template shirts.

So all in all, the disappointment can be summed up by meh. Same old same old.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Apr 2016 19:47

Royal Ginger The continued use of the word Kermit to refer to Kermorgant

The bloke I quite get along with giving up on coming to games in January leaving me sat on the end of an aisle on my own

Having to bring my own 'guest sauces' for my half time chips as the selection outside the ground lacks imagination.

A Bournemouth fan asked me yesterday "How's' Kermie getting on?"
Apart from telling him that his wife is expecting a baby and the only 2 goals he scored were against his old club Charlton I couldn't immediately think of anything further to add.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 16 Apr 2016 20:08

bcubed Fulham away - second half
Mike Deans appointment v Palace
Not getting promoted
Clarke talking to Fulham
Lack of entertainment
Lack of atmosphere
Blackman and Sa leaving - loved their songs
Vydra
Kermogant
Season fizzling out - nothing to play for
Good Old Boy queues
State of the pitch
Not being able to choose between disappointments

Pretty decent list there, chap.

Fulham was a watershed although Deans appointment was a bit of a "so what" - it's the league which matters. The rest of the list is pretty spot on summarised well in the final one.

And, FTR, if someone wants to give us GBP 5mn plus for Cooper in the summer, I'd snaffle that (especially after the, admittedly unlucky, slip at Leeds today - although he was out of position.)

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Apr 2016 11:57

Dick Habbin's hairdo And, FTR, if someone wants to give us GBP 5mn plus for Cooper in the summer, I'd snaffle that (especially after the, admittedly unlucky, slip at Leeds today - although he was out of position.)

There'll be no future at all if we sell players after 32 first team appearances. :roll:

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 17 Apr 2016 16:34

One8Seven1* McDermott returning
Infighting
Clarke's promising start ruined by an unexplained dip in form and his sudden urge to leave (more to this than we understand)
Overpaid under-performers
The Thai's disappearing act (property before football)

^This

RoyalCrisp

by RoyalCrisp » 17 Apr 2016 18:30

Second half of Fulham away, the season's been dead ever since.

JIM

by JIM » 17 Apr 2016 19:03

The thrill of 90 Min winner, Instead of conceding one in injury time,

Having a positive goal difference.

Listening to that plank DYCHE every week about his style of football sheer THUGERY

Knowing that this season we lost out on BILLION share out for promotion

George_

by George_ » 18 Apr 2016 10:03

After beating Bristol City 2-0 away in one of the most comfortable victory's I have seen in years (we could have strolled it about 4-0 if the game wasn't over after 2 early goals) I thought we would get automatics or play offs at worst. We were playing fast direct attacking football with a reassured defense with McShane bossing the back 4. We had pace, movement (and an in form Blackman).

Then we went to Craven Cottage..

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Apr 2016 10:56

Lower West
Dick Habbin's hairdo And, FTR, if someone wants to give us GBP 5mn plus for Cooper in the summer, I'd snaffle that (especially after the, admittedly unlucky, slip at Leeds today - although he was out of position.)

There'll be no future at all if we sell players after 32 first team appearances. :roll:
+1
Although if that £5m can get us a better short term replacement and a striker then it may be worth it if we have another Cooper about to break through from the academy.
How many appearances did Hector make before we sold him to Chelsea? - one season wasn't it?

Maybe the likes of Cooper being out of position is a reflection of the more experienced defenders around him and/or team captain not providing guidance to him during matches? Maybe we need to look at which clubs we loan players out to and whether they will get good coaching whilst on loan to improve their game? Maybe the manager needs to educate the players after the game/in training to learn from mistakes and avoid future ones? - Maybe it's a coaching quality issue that needs to be addressed?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 Apr 2016 11:48

Are you the north stands own man-bag-condiment man?

Hats off to u sir

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 Apr 2016 11:51

Forbury Lion
Lower West

+1
Although if that £5m can get us a better short term replacement and a striker then it may be worth it if we have another Cooper about to break through from the academy.
How many appearances did Hector make before we sold him to Chelsea? - one season wasn't it?

Maybe the likes of Cooper being out of position is a reflection of the more experienced defenders around him and/or team captain not providing guidance to him during matches? Maybe we need to look at which clubs we loan players out to and whether they will get good coaching whilst on loan to improve their game? Maybe the manager needs to educate the players after the game/in training to learn from mistakes and avoid future ones? - Maybe it's a coaching quality issue that needs to be addressed?

Dont slip over by accident you idiot!

Top coaching

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Apr 2016 11:57

Maneki Neko
Forbury Lion
Lower West
+1

Dont slip over by accident you idiot!

Top coaching
Or position yourself better to avoid being in the position where you risk slipping up.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Apr 2016 12:11

Maneki Neko

Are you the north stands own man-bag-condiment man?

Hats off to u sir

The very same. I think I know who you are now and will pop over to say hi/offer a chip.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 18 Apr 2016 12:15

Piazon ...

Not a team player and doesn't want to know as soon as there is work to be done off the ball.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 18 Apr 2016 12:21

RoyalCrisp Second half of Fulham away, the season's been dead ever since.

This by a mile for me.