Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG Hull (H)

by RoyalBlue » 20 Apr 2016 21:10

Maneki Neko
RoyalBlue
Top Flight
Oh no.... Is it really more fun to watch London Irish?

What can Reading FC do to bring the fun back? What has put you off? The quality of the football must have been poor for a lot of those 69 years. What needs to change?

I haven't done the 69 years but, do you know what, whilst the quality of the football was poor for decades, at least it was exciting and played with a passion. The only eras I can remember being nearly as poor as this are the dark days of Burns and Bullivant.

windermere_royal Just 8 home wins again so far this this season. the same as the previous 2 seasons. add that to just 4 in the PL last time around. we have just 28 home wins in our last 87.less than 1 in 3, it`s not fortress Madejski hardly surprising the crowds are dwindling

Before last night's game, Tim nice but dim Dellor was raving about how good our home form has been! Perhaps the club's 'truth police' reprogrammed him when he was summoned for his bollocking re Vydra!

Hardly raving. Just said wed only lost one game since Xmas.
That isnt hyperbole or exaggeration
Its upper case FACT

He made reference to our good (very good? excellent?) form at home. I'm pretty sure that during at least one of the recent home games he made reference to Fortress Madejski! Given it's not good (little benefit in just losing one if you don't win many either) it's either raving or raving mad!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Apr 2016 21:19

So one loss since xmas wasnt decent home form?
Not even in comparison to Clarkes team?

Lol. I dont mind arguing against ratiinal points, but its pointless trying to talk to people who just make shit up
Last edited by Maneki Neko on 21 Apr 2016 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Apr 2016 21:21

RoyalBlue
Top Flight
RoyalBlue
Only they will be proved right when those talented players start to perform well at other clubs next season.

And a mark of the damage that the owners and all below them, including BM, have done is that some on here are now starting to say that McDermott will have done well for us if we avoid relegation next season! :shock: :twisted:

I absolutely agree with you. Alot of damage has been done. Certainly by the previous owners. A little bit by the current owners, although perhaps unintentionally. I hope they genuinely have the clubs best interests at heart. I wouldn't include Brian McDermott in that. He has come in to try and fix things. To ludicrously expect that he can fix the mess of all that's gone on before him inside a few months is just nuts.

Don't expect him to be able to fix all the mess inside a few months but just a tiny bit would be nice and I don't think he's even achieved that. Very few managers get to work exclusively with their choice of players before the 'jury' decide their fate. Decent managers have an ability to be able to improve what they've got (or at least the results). Warnock is a prime example. Most new managers can derive benefit from 'the new manager effect'. McDermott hasn't. What's more, I don't think he's helped himself by recruiting and then almost immediately losing Burton and sticking with an largely unproven and unqualified coaching team who appear to have contributed precious little of a positive nature.

Yeah, I agree with you regarding the coaching team. They don't look like they are as accomplished or as influential with the players as characters like Wally Downes and Kevin Dillon. McDermott probably does need to have a good look at that.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2016 21:37

RoyalBlue
Will95
No Fixed Abode "We support our local team"

Mate with sources said there was only around 9200 actually in the ground yesterday.

That would suggest 30% + season ticket holders didn't bother to turn up, which probably isn't far wrong when you take into account the <7 year old freebies.

Aren't all STHs counted because it's based on sales not bodies. As has been discussed more than once.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2016 23:07

Watched the highlights.

No way in the world such a simple ball over the top should result in a goal. Cooper should be covering better, Ferdinand shouldn't just stand still watching (not the only time he watched something sail over his head putting us in trouble), Al-Habsi should be out quicker and arguably do better to not get nut megged.

Second goal as I thought, no one near their player, McCleary has to race out from his defensive position to close down, but because he has to run hard, it's easy for the goalscorer to jink away keeping loads of space with no one backing McCleary up, then finish very well.

Rakels pen shout... slow mo, reverse angle nailed on penalty. Ref didn't have that yet spotted it was a pen himself. No way Lino should be overruling there IMO, he's not got a good angle to say if there was contact on the ball or how much contact on the player. Hard done by, but such is life... I wouldn't have blamed the lino for not flagging or the ref not giving it, but once it's given it's got to stay given. Nothing wrong with consulting each other and changing decisions, but only where it's clear and for me that never could be.

Hi-ho. Shouldn't have conceded two such sloppy goals.

BhatMhen

by BhatMhen » 21 Apr 2016 08:49

The most important thing is that they should win in the next game. All is well everyone.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Apr 2016 11:40

im not sure if you are a real person. bhatmen

if you just replied to someone elses post I would have a little more belief

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 21 Apr 2016 18:06

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue
Will95
Mate with sources said there was only around 9200 actually in the ground yesterday.

That would suggest 30% + season ticket holders didn't bother to turn up, which probably isn't far wrong when you take into account the <7 year old freebies.

Aren't all STHs counted because it's based on sales not bodies. As has been discussed more than once.

Yes 9000 sounds about right-my two season tickets didn't turn up-a real rush to get there after work on Tuesday night & the way things are going I really couldn't be bothered.
Welcome to next season-that said I will renew two-provided(any) renewal increase is acceptable

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 Apr 2016 18:43

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue
Will95

So be more honest about it and announce 'ticket sales for tonight's game were ....' rather than announce 'Tonight's attendance (I hope the club don't require a dictionary to understand the meaning of that word) is..........'

Better still announce the actual attendance (I think that's what most people are interested in hearing) and leave the ticket sale figures for HMRC and the accountants!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Apr 2016 18:46

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal
RoyalBlue

So be more honest about it and announce 'ticket sales for tonight's game were ....' rather than announce 'Tonight's attendance (I hope the club don't require a dictionary to understand the meaning of that word) is..........'

Better still announce the actual attendance (I think that's what most people are interested in hearing) and leave the ticket sale figures for HMRC and the accountants!

Don't make your suggestion to me, contact the club if you don't like it.

It's hardly something to get your knickers in a twist over. Well, unless you're you and have an irrational hatred of all things to do with the team you 'support'.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Apr 2016 14:07

Arsenal announced their attendance last night as 59,568 (out of capacity of 60,432)

This was the scene:

:lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 Apr 2016 14:37

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue
Ian Royal Aren't all STHs counted because it's based on sales not bodies. As has been discussed more than once.

Don't make your suggestion to me, contact the club if you don't like it.

It's hardly something to get your knickers in a twist over. Well, unless you're you and have an irrational hatred of all things to do with the team you 'support'.

I was merely countering your argument but you don't tend to like people doing that do you.

And why can't you still get this very simple concept into your head. I do support the team whenever they are on the pitch and always have done. That does not mean I have to support and hero worship some of the clowns/egos that supposedly 'look after' things off the pitch.

I don't really care if those people want to continue to demonstrate their stupidity with increasingly futile attempts to pass off ticket sales as actual attendances. They clearly think others are as stupid as they are if they think anyone believes them.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Apr 2016 16:16

That does not mean I have to support and hero worship some of the clowns/egos that supposedly 'look after' things off the pitch.

since those clowns and egos took over the board of the club weve had the longest sustained period of success in our entire history and most of our highest ever league finishes, been to the prem for 3 years, plus a load of cup 1/4 finals and a semi.

so if anyone is a clown...........

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 22 Apr 2016 16:42

Maneki Neko
That does not mean I have to support and hero worship some of the clowns/egos that supposedly 'look after' things off the pitch.

since those clowns and egos took over the board of the club weve had the longest sustained period of success in our entire history and most of our highest ever league finishes, been to the prem for 3 years, plus a load of cup 1/4 finals and a semi.

so if anyone is a clown...........

Sustained mediocrity, yay !!!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Apr 2016 18:00

clearly a mentalist^^^^

how can pretty much all of the highest ever league finishes in our history be mediocrity?

unless you were expecting us to turn into Barcelona after a year in the prem...
plus, based on our size, history and finances, mediocre would still have been an overachievement

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Apr 2016 11:12

I tend to consider support to require some degree of positivity in the face of adversity, rather than constant bitching about anything and everything and the pursuit of a vendetta against those resposible for a great deal of the best the club has experienced.

You, RB are a half step down from Dodger and the club would be a happier place if you oxf*rd off.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 23 Apr 2016 12:18

My own take on the penalty incident is the referee thought the assistant was flagging for a penalty when he was actually flagging for a corner. The flag across the chest signal is no longer used by assistants indicating a penalty - if you look at the second image on the second page of this document I think you can potentially understand the confusion. https://www.hampshirefa.com/~/media/Cou ... -2014.ashx

That said, it was fairly obvious to me the assistant was indicating for a corner and considering they're in communication you'd hope they'd avoid such an incident!

I thought we played pretty well, particularly considering the context of our season. There are some idiotic Reading fans around though - particularly the guy who during the first half (when we were drawing 1-1 with the team 4th in the league and playing well) stood up and shouted out 'you must be glad we've already got points on the board McDermott' - yeah, that's how a league season works mate... :?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Apr 2016 12:18

Ian Royal I tend to consider support to require some degree of positivity in the face of adversity, rather than constant bitching about anything and everything and the pursuit of a vendetta against those resposible for a great deal of the best the club has experienced.

+1 million. Cannot and will never understand those who exist only to criticise anything and everything. I also don't understand those who attend football to boo, chant "we're fcuking shit", abuse the players and staff. It honestly boggles the mind.