BFTG Hull (H)

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Hull (H)

by Top Flight » 20 Apr 2016 12:13

West Stand Man
Top Flight It's funny, how we all see things differently. I think Norwood is sh*t.

But, I could see him being decent in the right system.

So basically you don't think he is shit. You just think he needs the right players around him?

I can't help but agree. Norwood is a quality player who could be the catalyst for a more successful season if he gets some help?

Yes, you're right. You can see the talent he has, but it hasn't been helping us win games. He may not be the right man in a 4-4-2 set up where you need two midfielders in the centre who can cover alot of ground and effectively win the ball.

Regarding the team, I'm glad I'm not the one having to figure out this mess. To me, this is all unfathomable. I haven't got a clue how Brian can turn this lot into a decent team. It's just all the wrong players. None of it fits. How can you gel this into a good side. Coppell once found an amazing formula and stuck to it. We just can't find a formula with this bunch of players.

England have had similar problems with the Beckham, Gerrard and Lampard generation. No one could ever figure out how to take that talented bunch of players and make them into a good team. England never found the formula.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Apr 2016 12:26

opening 3 minutes were among the best 3 minutes of the season. the remaining 87 less so. Hello Royston loves a good step over step over step over step over step over hoof to no one at all.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Apr 2016 12:28

John Smith
George_ Pretty much Ferdinand who's positioning is superb.

Come on mate, do you really think people are going to accept that kind of nonsense posting on here? Because I'm certainly not.

Ferdinand got caught out a fair few times last night, usually under the ball, and it led to both Hull's first goal and Coopers bundling over of Hernandez in the second half, when he should probably have been sent off.

It was very similar against Huddersfield in the cup when we looked all at sea for the first 20 minutes or so. Perhaps Ferdinand and Cooper just can't play together as a partnership because they're both too slow.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Apr 2016 12:29

also, i know the answer to this but why are fans so helmet like about decision not going their way?

So the ref gave a pen then another official who was closer and had an unobstructed view advised him that he had it wrong. so what? he is allowed to change his mind. you don't have to have an absolute meltdown over it for the next half hour ffs

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Apr 2016 12:57

I wouldn't mind so much if I'd ever* seen a ref use his linesman to confirm a decision before

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Apr 2016 13:08

Top Flight
West Stand Man
Top Flight It's funny, how we all see things differently. I think Norwood is sh*t.

But, I could see him being decent in the right system.

So basically you don't think he is shit. You just think he needs the right players around him?

I can't help but agree. Norwood is a quality player who could be the catalyst for a more successful season if he gets some help?

Yes, you're right. You can see the talent he has, but it hasn't been helping us win games. He may not be the right man in a 4-4-2 set up where you need two midfielders in the centre who can cover alot of ground and effectively win the ball.

He's scored or set up four of our last six goals.

He is very good at winning the ball. He's not very good at driving forward with it, so he needs to be surrounded by players who can dribble.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Apr 2016 13:26

Hoop Blah
John Smith

Come on mate, do you really think people are going to accept that kind of nonsense posting on here? Because I'm certainly not.

Ferdinand got caught out a fair few times last night, usually under the ball, and it led to both Hull's first goal and Coopers bundling over of Hernandez in the second half, when he should probably have been sent off.

It was very similar against Huddersfield in the cup when we looked all at sea for the first 20 minutes or so. Perhaps Ferdinand and Cooper just can't play together as a partnership because they're both too slow.

Cooper was at fault for the first. He assumed Ferdinand was going to win the header so he didn't bother to track his man and got caught on his heels.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Apr 2016 13:29

Hoop Blah
John Smith

Ferdinand can't play with anyone because he's (always been) a donkey.

Winston Smith also, i know the answer to this but why are fans so helmet like about decision not going their way?

So the ref gave a pen then another official who was closer and had an unobstructed view advised him that he had it wrong. so what? he is allowed to change his mind. you don't have to have an absolute meltdown over it for the next half hour ffs

Absolutely 100% mate. The 4 dorks sat behind me last night moaned, moaned and moaned. I've been to games in Germany and also for other English teams where all they do is stand and chant and get behind the team. Football is an unpredictable game where the outcome is undefined, so when a player accidentally miskicks the ball, why would you barrack him? I don't get it.

biff

by biff » 20 Apr 2016 13:48

Thats better! Cooper and McCleary defensively at fault for the goals but as McCleary offered our best attacking threat all game you have to take the good with the bad. Definite signs of quality all over the place, but poor decision making from wide areas costs us week in week out. We need 2 proper wingers as a matter of priority imo, we're so insipid without pace.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 Apr 2016 13:53

Penalty incident happened right in front of me. Seemed pretty clear cut penalty. Defender went right through the back of Rakels as he was about the shoot. I can understand the ref making an instant decision, then changing his mind upon consultation with the lino. But last night, he took ages, it looked like he was consulting through his earpiece, gave the penalty and when the Hull players complained, he went to talk to the lino again. Very strange. Also thought Cooper was lucky to stay on as well.

Up to the penalty decision I thought the ref was having a pretty decent game.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 20 Apr 2016 14:15

Ferdinand not at fault for either goal.

He's probably made fewer mistakes all season than any other Reading player.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Apr 2016 14:17

Top Flight
No Fixed Abode
genome
That's a bold statement

Good job BM has done steadying the ship Genome

McDermott has done a great job this season. He has managed to get a sh*t team over the finish line with a number of games to spare.

It's not like we weren't sweating on our divisional survival last year. We are sh*t and most of us know we are. Some of us still think we have talented players. They are wrong.

Only they will be proved right when those talented players start to perform well at other clubs next season.

And a mark of the damage that the owners and all below them, including BM, have done is that some on here are now starting to say that McDermott will have done well for us if we avoid relegation next season! :shock: :twisted:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Apr 2016 14:21

3points Penalty incident happened right in front of me. Seemed pretty clear cut penalty. Defender went right through the back of Rakels as he was about the shoot. I can understand the ref making an instant decision, then changing his mind upon consultation with the lino. But last night, he took ages, it looked like he was consulting through his earpiece, gave the penalty and when the Hull players complained, he went to talk to the lino again. Very strange. Also thought Cooper was lucky to stay on as well.

It was appalling officiating by both officials involved.

Ref took an eternity to make his mind up in the first instance (what the f&ck is the point of them being wired up if they don't then communicate) and only then to decide to go and consult with his assistant before changing his mind was ludicrous. Some have said he might have misinterpreted the assistant's signals but how the hell can that happen? The signal for a corner and that for a penalty are completely different and for a very good reason i.e. to avoid any possible misunderstanding.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Apr 2016 14:23

Think the only one suggesting avoiding relegation next season should be regarded as success is Binfield_Royal. Of course bigger surprises have happened but I can't see us being in a relegation scrap, in fact I'd suggest we have a shot of the play-offs.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Apr 2016 14:29

tidus_mi2 Think the only one suggesting avoiding relegation next season should be regarded as success is Binfield_Royal. Of course bigger surprises have happened but I can't see us being in a relegation scrap, in fact I'd suggest we have a shot of the play-offs.

I am hesitant to make any sort of prediction as it entirely depends on the summer. We could clear out and then Brian might get fcuk all support, or the Thais might fully support him and we do great business.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Apr 2016 14:33

Binfield Royal
genome
Binfield Royal 4 defeats in 4 games is relegation form.

That's a bold statement

Looking at todays table, MK Dons are odds on for the last relegation spot. We have the same number of draws as them and only won 4 more games all season.

I dont think is bold to suggest that if we hadn't had a good run of wins in September, we could easily be where MK Dons are now based on the remainder of our season.

The main thing is the disappointment in the way this squad has performed as, based on the individual talents, they should have done much better this season than they have.

Thnk it was a joke tbf

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Apr 2016 14:34

Armadillo Roadkill Ferdinand not at fault for either goal.

He's probably made fewer mistakes all season than any other Reading player.

I'd say he was a tad too high up the pitch, or just flat footed/slow and misread the ball over the top for the first. It left his centre back partner having to cover too much room in behind him, although Cooper looked far too slow to react to the run in behind.

Not directly at fault, but he did nothing to help prevent it.

For the second I think he could've stepped out to close down the space the full back was running into before shooting. Hector was probably more at fault for that though, so I'm not singling Ferdinand out for that, but again he could well have done more to prevent it.

He's been alright at times, well, those first few games of the season really, but he's far too slow to be effective and to say his experience has made him flawless this season is quite wide of the mark, IMO.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 20 Apr 2016 14:43

No Fixed Abode "We support our local team"

Mate with sources said there was only around 9200 actually in the ground yesterday.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 20 Apr 2016 14:44

Thought we were alright again yesterday, dissapointing that in the last 3 games we've played we've been decent but lost each time. Refereeing was poor both ways IMO.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 20 Apr 2016 14:58

WoodleyRoyal
No Fixed Abode "We support our local team"

indeed, fans voting with their feet, lowest league attendance since 2004.

Do you remember who was the manager in 2004? That person was given time to turn things around by the fans and SJM, and did alright for Reading. Pity the fans now are so impatient and expect things now at all costs. By the way the manager was Steve Coppell so, please, give the present manager some time to rebuild the team.