BFTG Hull (H)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Hull (H)

by genome » 20 Apr 2016 10:36

Binfield Royal 4 defeats in 4 games is relegation form.

That's a bold statement

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Apr 2016 10:38

Binfield Royal As though taken straight from Mock The Weeks "phrases you never thought you'd say" section

"Thank heavens for Nick Blackmans goals in the autumn...!"

4 defeats in 4 games is relegation form.

As other have said, it looks like our players have lost interest in this season. Considering there is nothing to play for as we cant go up or down, maybe that's not surprising but on the flip side, the club shouldn't be surprised if spectators decide not to waste money on "nothing" games that will be short on spectacle and entertainment value.

I doubt I'll go again this season and by the looks of the attendance, I am not the only one thinking this way.

The season has ended for the team now. The players are just going through the formalities of finishing off the fixture list.

I'll be at QPR on Saturday to watch another friendly. Hopefully, it'll be a nice sunny day. Two teams with nothing to play for experimenting. It'll be interesting to see what is on Brian's mind.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Apr 2016 10:39

genome

That's a bold statement

I need to check with Snowball but I'm fairly sure that extrapolated over a whole season that would equal 0 points and as the old cliche goes, you'll struggle to stay up with no points at all

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Apr 2016 10:40

genome

That's a bold statement

Good job BM has done steadying the ship Genome

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Apr 2016 10:47

Glad you agree that he did m8, funny how they have taken their foot off the gas once they had nothing to play for. It's almost as if it's a poorly assembled team.

Although that is a little harsh, could've easily taken 3 points off the champions elect had one of Clarke's misfires not fluffed his chance. Brian can't legislate for that. We would've also won last night had the referee not had a shocker. You of all people must surely sympathise :!:

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 20 Apr 2016 10:47

genome

That's a bold statement

Looking at todays table, MK Dons are odds on for the last relegation spot. We have the same number of draws as them and only won 4 more games all season.

I dont think is bold to suggest that if we hadn't had a good run of wins in September, we could easily be where MK Dons are now based on the remainder of our season.

The main thing is the disappointment in the way this squad has performed as, based on the individual talents, they should have done much better this season than they have.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Apr 2016 10:49

genome Glad you agree that he did m8, funny how they have taken their foot off the gas once they had nothing to play for. It's almost as if it's a poorly assembled team.

Although that is a little harsh, could've easily taken 3 points off the champions elect had one of Clarke's misfires not fluffed his chance. Brian can't legislate for that. We would've also won last night had the referee not had a shocker. You of all people must surely sympathise :!:

and if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle. :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Apr 2016 10:53

Binfield Royal
genome

That's a bold statement

Looking at todays table, MK Dons are odds on for the last relegation spot. We have the same number of draws as them and only won 4 more games all season.

I dont think is bold to suggest that if we hadn't had a good run of wins in September, we could easily be where MK Dons are now based on the remainder of our season.

The main thing is the disappointment in the way this squad has performed as, based on the individual talents, they should have done much better this season than they have.

I was being ever so slightly sarcastic my gr8 m8.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Apr 2016 10:55

George_ Pretty much Ferdinand who's positioning is superb.

Come on mate, do you really think people are going to accept that kind of nonsense posting on here? Because I'm certainly not.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Apr 2016 11:05

Binfield Royal
genome

That's a bold statement

They are not individually talented. They are sh*te. If any of this lot think they are going to have a successful career post Reading FC in the Premier League when they are not even good enough for Reading then they are deluded.

How well is Blackman doing at Derby? Blackman was one of our better players and he is not good enough for Derby.

Most of this team need to be moved on because they are not good enough for Reading. They have no chance anywhere else.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Apr 2016 11:08

No Fixed Abode
genome

That's a bold statement

Good job BM has done steadying the ship Genome

McDermott has done a great job this season. He has managed to get a sh*t team over the finish line with a number of games to spare.

It's not like we weren't sweating on our divisional survival last year. We are sh*t and most of us know we are. Some of us still think we have talented players. They are wrong.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 20 Apr 2016 11:14

It was an OK performance undone by some moments of inept defending and a failure to convert the many, many good chances into goals.

Yes, we should have had a penalty. But hen Cooper should've probably been sent off. It wasn't down to the referee.

The "tactically inept" label is hard to pin on McDermott. It wasn't tactics that let us down, either last night, or in the previous defeats. It was defensive concentration throughout the whole 90 minutes and a reluctance to finish - too many times we were in good positions and players tried one more pass rather than trying to score.

Thought Cox was good, Rekels OK, Vydra not bad.

Hector and Norwood good. Quinn all energy and commitment.

John did all the hard work then got the easy bit wrong several times.

Cooper - how can I put this nicely? - a work in progress.

Can't fault the application. But the recent record is worrying.

We, ahem, move on.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 20 Apr 2016 11:35

genome

That's a bold statement

It's terrible form across a whole season given, but i wonder if Barcelona fans are currently saying the same about their teams form?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Apr 2016 11:44

genome

That's a bold statement

It is now.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Apr 2016 11:47

I thought the midfield looked more threatening and lively with Danny Williams missing, I would suggest we build the midfield around Norwood and look to recruit a striker and wingers who can get on the end of his passes.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Apr 2016 11:49

It's funny, how we all see things differently. I think Norwood is sh*t.

But, I could see him being decent in the right system.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 20 Apr 2016 11:52

Decent first half performance, pretty poor second half performance - way too many massively overhit passes, no one showing for the ball and just generally very untidy. We seemed to lose a lot of shape when John came on - he seems to have gone in reverse quite alarmingly since he was dropped from the starting line up.

Hull never seemed to get out of 2nd gear and ultimately didn't need to.

Regarding the rescinded penalty, I sit in line with that penalty area and it looked like the ball had already gone out before the clumsy challenge was made which is why I think the lino didn't give it.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 20 Apr 2016 11:54

Top Flight It's funny, how we all see things differently. I think Norwood is sh*t.

I think he's really inconsistent.

Yesterday he was really good - covering ground, getting tackles in, and his passing was top drawer.

Sometimes his range of passing is too ambitious and he ends up giving the ball away. That's when he seems to fade out of games a bit.

I wonder if there is a correlation with Williams playing?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 20 Apr 2016 11:55

Top Flight It's funny, how we all see things differently. I think Norwood is sh*t.

So basically you don't think he is shit. You just think he needs the right players around him?

I can't help but agree. Norwood is a quality player who could be the catalyst for a more successful season if he gets some help?

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 20 Apr 2016 11:55

Ian Royal Kermorgant - did nothing but flick to no one

I'm not sure this is Kermorgant's fault. We seem to default to the tactic of hitting him long, and even though he wins a very high proportion of these headers, there's nothing obvious he can do with it. Directing a header from a long ball while under challenge requires some sort of plan, support from the team and positioning, and none of these elements seem to be thought through. We just hit him, but what's he supposed to do with it?