BFTG Preston

127 posts
Rollerbob

Re: BFTG Preston

by Rollerbob » 04 May 2016 09:33

bracksroyal10
Lower West
bracksroyal10 Cooper - Overated player full of mistakes, should we get £2 million+ its a no brainer

With that approach might as well back us for relegation next season.

Disagree, hes had plenty of experience and opportunities to learn from his mistakes. The amount of times the ball has been given away at on the edge of our area to the opposition striker is frightening.

We could easily bring in 2 experienced centre backs for the money we would get for selling to a prem club.

I pray we let go of Cooper this summer, at the very least on loan. Currently, imo, he's the worst CB (who regularly features) we've had at the club since before Coppell was boss. Absolute liability, who EVERY game costs us a goal, or at the very least a good chance. He'll get better, as he's so young, but I pray he's kept away from the squad next year. Otherwise I fully expect another similar season.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 May 2016 15:04

absolutely fine as back up/improving youth player
should never have been left as 1st choice CB for any extended period of time.
get 1 more CB alongside Mcshane and he will be under less pressure.

that said, anyone offers millions and he will be off.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 04 May 2016 15:44

Rollerbob
bracksroyal10
Lower West
With that approach might as well back us for relegation next season.

Disagree, hes had plenty of experience and opportunities to learn from his mistakes. The amount of times the ball has been given away at on the edge of our area to the opposition striker is frightening.

We could easily bring in 2 experienced centre backs for the money we would get for selling to a prem club.

I pray we let go of Cooper this summer, at the very least on loan. Currently, imo, he's the worst CB (who regularly features) we've had at the club since before Coppell was boss. Absolute liability, who EVERY game costs us a goal, or at the very least a good chance. He'll get better, as he's so young, but I pray he's kept away from the squad next year. Otherwise I fully expect another similar season.

+1 - Even a Fringe PL centre back such as McCarthy or Hangeland from Palace, there are quite a few not getting regular games that could do a job for us.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 May 2016 18:14

bracksroyal10
+1 - Even a Fringe PL centre back such as McCarthy or Hangeland from Palace, there are quite a few not getting regular games that could do a job for us.

Big wages as well.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 May 2016 22:30

Top Flight
Ian Royal
Top Flight We've looked pathetic in a 433 recently as well.
Your 442 selection doesn't look like it would be all conquering either.
When your players are sh!t and when they just don't give a sh!t there is little you can do until the next transfer window rolls around.

We could have played any system on Saturday. We'd have still been sh!t. We'd have still lost and everyone would be offering their own formations and tactical ideas on HNA after the event.

Our uselessness is not tactical or down to formation. It's much deeper than that.

But he didn't have to play the diamond, which was my point. And I said we probably wouldn't have done much better. But it was clear for a couple of weeks that there was an enormous, glaringly obvious tactical weakness in playing the diamond, which certainly wasn't helping us.

+1

Yes of course Mr. wise tactical genius. You are right. You are always right. Your view must not be challenged.

You're coming across as a bit try hard and precious, but maybe that's the way you want to go.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 05 May 2016 17:54

Sorry

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 May 2016 09:25

don't do again

127 posts