New Club Motto...'Lack of resolve, Apathy, Inability'

BonBoh

New Club Motto...'Lack of resolve, Apathy, Inability'

by BonBoh » 09 May 2016 20:28

'Lack of resolve, Apathy, Inability' - the antonyms of the Pardew era 'Tenacity, Spirit, Flair'.

It so reflects our last three seasons. I think this should be our own piss-take motto for the 2016-17 season.
Perhaps we should commemorate our recent achievements with a 'Pants Day' on the first home game of the season. Have some fun and inject a bit of humour around the place. If performances on the pitch remain dour, at least the crowd can have a laugh at the team's expense.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Club Motto...'Lack of resolve, Apathy, Inability'

by Top Flight » 09 May 2016 20:30

BonBoh 'Lack of resolve, Apathy, Inability' - the antonyms of the Pardew era 'Tenacity, Spirit, Flair'.

It so reflects our last three seasons. I think this should be our own piss-take motto for the 2016-17 season.
Perhaps we should commemorate our recent achievements with a 'Pants Day' on the first home game of the season. Have some fun and inject a bit of humour around the place. If performances on the pitch remain dour, at least the crowd can have a laugh at the team's expense.

I love it, very funny but very true.

The thing is, next year is a new dawn. New players, a new freshness. Hopefully most of this seasons squad will be cleared out before next season and next seasons team will be much more like the Pardew motto.

We should have had pants day this season.

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 09 May 2016 20:47

What a great way to get behind the team on the first day of the season. By slating them before they've touched the ball.

royal67

by royal67 » 09 May 2016 21:27

Jimbo What a great way to get behind the team on the first day of the season. By slating them before they've touched the ball.

Your dog could do with losing some weight mate.......

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 09 May 2016 21:45

Jimbo What a great way to get behind the team on the first day of the season. By slating them before they've touched the ball.

to the tune of D:Ream's 'Things Can Only Get Better'...
:lol:

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 09 May 2016 21:55

BonBoh wrote:

'Lack of resolve, Apathy, Inability' - the antonyms of the Pardew era 'Tenacity, Spirit, Flair'.

That's already started BonBoh me ol' mucker. Pants are old hat now. Inflatables seem to be the order of the day for any sideshow, alongside some random trying to leg it away with the match ball. Then again, did you see the Charlton game at the weekend? I didn't know they had that many inflatables in East London. With quite a few of 'em ending up on the pitch. And we think we've got problems.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 10 May 2016 19:18

The Cap That's already started BonBoh me ol' mucker. Pants are old hat now. Inflatables seem to be the order of the day for any sideshow, alongside some random trying to leg it away with the match ball. Then again, did you see the Charlton game at the weekend? I didn't know they had that many inflatables in East London. With quite a few of 'em ending up on the pitch. And we think we've got problems.

and there was me thinking my old shreddies would come back into fashion again :oops:
Charlton is a proper disaster and we're not far off that ourselves at the moment.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 11 May 2016 10:46

BonBoh wrote:
and there was me thinking my old shreddies would come back into fashion again :oops:
Charlton is a proper disaster and we're not far off that ourselves at the moment.

Shreddies :lol: Haven't heard that word for quite some time. Old school. "Propa". So we won't be turning up with our old cereal boxes either then.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 May 2016 12:01

BonBoh 'Lack of resolve, Apathy, Inability' - the antonyms of the Pardew era 'Tenacity, Spirit, Flair'.

I get more of a feeling of 'lack of conviction' from the club.

Exhibit 1) The club allowing Steve Clarke to continue in an untenable position after backstabbing us talking to Fulham
Exhibit 2) The club rolling over to allow players to run contracts down when their fit never suited the playing style and should have resulted in the sale much earlier, recouping a fee.
Exhibit 3) Brian McDermott turning a blind eye to an on-field clash between two players during a match at Middlesbrough
Exhibit 4) Brian McDermott letting off Matej Vydra after a horrific miss at Middlesbrough.
Exhibit 5) Allowing our Director of Football to leave

We're too nicey nicey and have no balls. You wouldn't get this from a gritty northern team.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 11 May 2016 12:27

John Smith

Exhibit 1) The club allowing Steve Clarke to continue in an untenable position after backstabbing us talking to Fulham
Exhibit 2) The club rolling over to allow players to run contracts down when their fit never suited the playing style and should have resulted in the sale much earlier, recouping a fee.
Exhibit 3) Brian McDermott turning a blind eye to an on-field clash between two players during a match at Middlesbrough
Exhibit 4) Brian McDermott letting off Matej Vydra after a horrific miss at Middlesbrough.

We're too nicey nicey and have no balls. You wouldn't get this from a gritty northern team.

#1 - it probably humiliated Clarke more than the club, especially when he had to stick up for himself in the weekly press conference, and they didn't give him that long (3 matches) before they sacked him
#2 - they cant force players to sign, and they cant sell them out from under their feet.
#3 - they were both disciplined by the club so he hardly turned a blind eye.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 May 2016 12:45

John Smith

Should Vydra have been fined?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 May 2016 13:13

BonBoh wrote:Perhaps we should commemorate our recent achievements with a 'Pants Day' on the first home game of the season.
Final home game of the season would have been appropriate, not the first day of the new season - One would hope the squad will be refreshed and encouraged to put the previous season and losing mentality behind them and go out there full of confidence and get back to winning ways...... not a time for pants waving by the fans. Plus some of the players might be youngsters breaking into the team and/or new signings so we don't want to be seen to be judging them on last seasons failings.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 May 2016 13:44

Top Flight Should Vydra have been fined?

100% yes he should. A week's wages. I don't know what you do for a living but if you oxf*rd up and I was your boss you'd know about it.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 May 2016 14:33

And what should the club have done to stop the Director of Football from leaving? Should handcuffs have been involved?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 May 2016 14:38

This post is better off in this thread:

Check this out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... supporter/

The Sheffield United fan was saying to the Blades players exactly what a Reading fan would have said if anyone had stayed behind for the teams lap of dishonour after the Preston game.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 May 2016 14:49

Top Flight And what should the club have done to stop the Director of Football from leaving? Should handcuffs have been involved?

Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel like you're a bit of a prick?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 May 2016 15:01

:?: Top Flight, a prick :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 11 May 2016 17:15

John Smith I don't know what you do for a living but if you oxf*rd up and I was your boss you'd know about it.

If you were my boss, I'd quit.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 11 May 2016 21:01

Top Flight This post is better off in this thread:

Check this out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... supporter/

The Sheffield United fan was saying to the Blades players exactly what a Reading fan would have said if anyone had stayed behind for the teams lap of dishonour after the Preston game.

Hmmm... We were in exactly the same position when Adkins was last here at the end of a season..

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 11 May 2016 21:03

The Cap
BonBoh wrote:

Shreddies :lol: Haven't heard that word for quite some time. Old school. "Propa". So we won't be turning up with our old cereal boxes either then.

Perhaps we should have a 'Shreddies' day then... :lol: