by Pepe the Horseman » 27 May 2016 14:58

Could it end up being Brian Satisfied?

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The "who do you want next as manager "poll

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 May 2016 15:05

genome Quique Sanchez Flores please

Decent shout.

Sadly I doubt he would even come here tho...

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 27 May 2016 15:38

I'd actually be very happy with Colin coming in. Can't think of a manger with a better record than him in the Championship and apparently been speaking to a number of clubs. Hopefully one of them is us.,

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 May 2016 16:51

Jackson Corner Golden rule great players rarley make great managers. So forget Berkamp and Giggs.

Except for Johan Cruyff of course. And Carlo Ancelotti. Rinus Michels. Carlo Ancelotti. Pep Guardiola. Michael Laudrup. Ronald Koeman. Kenny Dalglish. Diego Simeone. I'd take Frank Rijkard here, and Roberto Mancini, and Glenn Hoddle at his peak. Steve Coppell was an England regular.

The best players don't necessarily make the best managers, but saying "he's a good footballer so he won't be a good manager" is silly.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 May 2016 17:38

UpThePrem I'd actually be very happy with Colin coming in. Can't think of a manger with a better record than him in the Championship and apparently been speaking to a number of clubs. Hopefully one of them is us.,

Brian McDermott has a better Championship record than Colin.
Colin has never won the league at this level.....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2016 17:47

Nameless
UpThePrem I'd actually be very happy with Colin coming in. Can't think of a manger with a better record than him in the Championship and apparently been speaking to a number of clubs. Hopefully one of them is us.,

How many promotions to the top flight has he won? How many play off campaigns has he lost?

I think it's rather optimistic to say McDermott has a better Championship record than Warnock, but if you can justify it fair enough. Saying Colin's never won the league is pretty poor going though.

I can't stand the odious creep, but you can't say his record isn't good. Not that I think he's in a life position where he can really keep that up.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 May 2016 17:49

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago when I knew McDermott was on his way (See unfounded rumours/gossip) - I mentioned De Boer.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 17:50

No Fixed Abode As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago when I knew McDermott was on his way (See unfounded rumours/gossip) - I mentioned De Boer.
high "dave"

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 27 May 2016 17:57

Anybody currently managing a comedy club would be appropriate surely, or perhaps a compere from an amusing tv show perhaps, Stephen Fry, or Alan Davies would be an ideal appointment IMHO :roll: :roll: :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 18:10

Eaststandman Anybody currently managing a comedy club would be appropriate surely, or perhaps a compere from an amusing tv show perhaps, Stephen Fry, or Alan Davies would be an ideal appointment IMHO :roll: :roll: :roll:
yeah, but was thinking more about the size 48 shoes and a big painted smile myself.

Hoping the Thais can bring in some of their cuisine to the concourses.......nothing much else to be gleaned from them for us the supporters

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 May 2016 18:18

Ian Royal
Nameless

How many promotions to the top flight has he won? How many play off campaigns has he lost?

I think it's rather optimistic to say McDermott has a better Championship record than Warnock, but if you can justify it fair enough. Saying Colin's never won the league is pretty poor going though.

I can't stand the odious creep, but you can't say his record isn't good. Not that I think he's in a life position where he can really keep that up.

His record is indeed solid. But it's pretty standard when judging achievements to say one first place is worth any number of second places.... It's not poor, it's the norm !

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2016 18:31

Nameless
Ian Royal
Nameless

His record is indeed solid. But it's pretty standard when judging achievements to say one first place is worth any number of second places.... It's not poor, it's the norm !

I think that's fair where the main objective is coming first - so in any top flight, not really where the main objective is clearly promotion, and the divisional title is just icing on the cake. And where there is no opportunity to defend that title, because you've been promoted.

But at least that makes sense, so I guess we agree to differ.

Crux

by Crux » 27 May 2016 18:56

Nameless

They should call you clueless not nameless. He won it with QPR in 2011

Sometimes I wonder if anyone in here actually watches football.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 27 May 2016 19:16

Steve Tully Truro City Manager. Brilliant coach and man manager, Best I have ever worked with. Him or Parky please.

royal67

by royal67 » 27 May 2016 19:45

Bryn or Pep Guardiola please.....

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 27 May 2016 20:25

Stam gets my vote. World class footballer, has wetted his feet in coaching at quality clubs, will be ambitious to make his mark and progress. Would be most headline manager since Ted Drake, for what it's worth!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 May 2016 20:33

Old Biscuitman Stam gets my vote. World class footballer, has wetted his feet in coaching at quality clubs, will be ambitious to make his mark and progress. Would be most headline manager since Ted Drake, for what it's worth!

Might as well appoint Martin Kuhl, has the same managerial experience as Stam.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 20:35

Might as well appoint Charlie Carolli where we're going

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 May 2016 20:38

Let the owners do a Noades. Satsuma, Tigger and M Night Shyamalan are clearly football geniuses and can get the club promoted using their vast knowledge that they've accrued from their years in the game.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 27 May 2016 20:47

Has to be Ady Williams, shirley. He's always going on about how he would love the job and could sort 'things' out. Okay, tongue now being extracted from cheek.

155 posts