New manager odds

354 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New manager odds

by Maneki Neko » 31 May 2016 17:47

if stam is installed before deadline renewal date, with grant as director of football, and a clear sign of intent from the owners with an exciting new exotic sounding foreign signing to boot, I for one will forgo my ire, and jump right back on the bandwagon.

learning exactly zero lessons from last summer.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 31 May 2016 17:50

Pepe the Horseman Surely he'd have flown directly to Reading airport?

London Oxford is the nearest one isn't it?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2016 18:13

If it is Stam in the next few days so much for taking a robust and careful approach to appointing the next manager.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 May 2016 18:25

It's a lose lose situation for the club really. Appoint someone soon and they'll be wrong. Appoint someone after two / three weeks and they'll be wrong.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 31 May 2016 18:27

With such uk talent unemployed ATM it would seem quite rash and foolish thinking Stam was the ideal candidate.

Monk, Sheerwood and Martinez would all suit the "Reading" way let alone others in and around the league with experience at this level, this season is as important as ever looking to unite the fans with the club again. One more failed appointment could be disaster!

If not appoint within if money will be tight and youngsters are to be relied upon, Kuhl could fit the bill.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 31 May 2016 18:56

Steve Evans has been let go by Leeds.......

Crux

by Crux » 31 May 2016 19:08

No Fixed Abode Steve Evans has been let go by Leeds.......

He hasn't got a job now which means he still has a better job than you.

When will you grow up and stop poncing off mummy, kes?

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 31 May 2016 19:13

Ian Royal If it is Stam in the next few days so much for taking a robust and careful approach to appointing the next manager.

As if you have any idea about the approach the club is currently taking.

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 31 May 2016 20:16

genome Exclusive pic of his contract negotiations in the boardroom

I would think he would have had to get his knob out as well

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2016 20:36

Haag Royal
Ian Royal If it is Stam in the next few days so much for taking a robust and careful approach to appointing the next manager.

You'll note the word "If" at the start of the sentence.

I don't really think that - based on what I actually said - if we were to appoint someone within a week of sacking McDermott who has no English, particularly Championship, management or coaching experience and little actual management experience, that's really a very robust and careful approach to finding the right man to take us forward.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 31 May 2016 20:41

Ian Royal
Haag Royal

I don't really think that - based on what I actually said - if we were to appoint someone within a week of sacking McDermott who has no English, particularly Championship, management or coaching experience and little actual management experience, that's really a very robust and careful approach to finding the right man to take us forward.

You have no idea how long they been looking at new managers for...do you really think they weren't already looking before they sacked Brian?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2016 20:42

Wycombe Royal
Ian Royal
Haag Royal

You have no idea how long they been looking at new managers for...do you really think they weren't already looking before they sacked Brian?

Fair point. I wouldn't be surprised given how clueless they seem. I mean, why not sack him three weeks ago if they knew they were looking for someone else? Not like he had anything much to do.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 May 2016 21:59

Everyone just stop replying to the prick, and it will go away.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 31 May 2016 22:36

No Fixed Abode

Give him a chance will you....it's not like he's been in charge 6 months and the team has got worse or anything. :lol:

We don't know who is calling the shots and can only speculate due to the predictable silence, but I expect they have an agreement in principle with someone.
Tevredon clearly knows the script and has already hinted there are budgetary constraints and the club are looking to sign young players. Given his close connection with Vim Jonk and Bergkamp can we expect more youngsters from Holland and a manager with international pedigree who can speak the language who has worked with said youngsters in Ajax reserve team ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 May 2016 22:40

Great

If that's the case, then I am glad to see we are participating in promoting our home-grown-talent....just what we and the English game needs

elrey

by elrey » 01 Jun 2016 02:43

Jaap Stam, why would you appoint some guy who's never been a manager if you are desperate to get to the premier league?

Surely they should appoint a Spanish coach, they're used to being fired after 6 months to a year.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Jun 2016 09:16

mikey0406 With such uk talent unemployed ATM it would seem quite rash and foolish thinking Stam was the ideal candidate.

Monk, Sheerwood and Martinez would all suit the "Reading" way let alone others in and around the league with experience at this level, this season is as important as ever looking to unite the fans with the club again. One more failed appointment could be disaster!

If not appoint within if money will be tight and youngsters are to be relied upon, Kuhl could fit the bill.

sounds like they think appointing random foreign names is the way forward to me

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Jun 2016 09:16

Haag Royal

tbf, he's just saying what the club said when they sacked brian, so.....

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Jun 2016 09:20

Wycombe Royal
Ian Royal
Haag Royal

but the club are the ones that came out after brains sacking and said theyre going to take a couple of weeks to do a diligent search for new management.
have u all gone ments?

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 01 Jun 2016 09:47

Wycombe Royal
Ian Royal
Haag Royal

So you don't think Brian was even given 5 months to get things turned round? That they were searching for a new manager even before the end of the season, just adds to the stupidity of either their initial decision to appoint him long term or their decision to sack him so quickly.

354 posts