What have you done to express your feelings about the way the club is being run?

106 posts

I have taken the following action:

Poll ended at 08 Jun 2016 16:19
I did not renew my season ticket
18%
I cancelled my Reading FC HD Player subscription
5%
I have voiced my anger on social media sites
13%
I have continued to support my club, regardless
21%
I have renewed my season ticket
19%
I will renew my Reading FC HD Player subscription
1%
I have done nothing
20%
Other
3%

Total votes: 126
BonBoh

What have you done to express your feelings about the way the club is being run?

by BonBoh » 29 May 2016 16:19

I'm interested to know what you all feel about recent developments at the club and whether you have done anything about it.
I cancelled my RFC HD Player subscription today - a form of protest about what has been going on since Zingarevich and then the Thai consortium took over.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: What have you done to express your feelings about the way the club is being run?

by genome » 29 May 2016 16:31

I tutted, really loudly.

Half Biscuit

Re: What have you done to express your feelings about the way the club is being run?

by Half Biscuit » 29 May 2016 17:25

I dislike the way the club seems to be being run, I liked Brian McDermott and wanted him to remain our manager, I found his sacking despicable and inexplicable, but you see, I have had this kind of addiction to supporting Reading over the last 47 years, and I don't think it's going to go away just like that.

So I have continued to support my club, regardless. Come on, club.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 29 May 2016 17:27

I shrugged and huffed a good deal and decided next season that I will not go to RFC games and instead will attend more games at Exeter City, I will be saving my sanity, the planet, a shed load of cash and reducing global warming, result! :wink:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 May 2016 17:41

I tugged viciously at my testicles

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 29 May 2016 18:11

BonBoh I'm interested to know what you all feel about recent developments at the club and whether you have done anything about it.
I cancelled my RFC HD Player subscription today - a form of protest about what has been going on since Zingarevich and then the Thai consortium took over.

That`ll show em

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 29 May 2016 18:24

I'm still renewing my season ticket. It leaves a bad taste in doing so but I support my team and want to go.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2016 18:30

Voted "other". I am unashamedly agreeing with Ian Royal

Seriously, I am bad-mouthing our club hierarchy to anybody and everybody who asks me about BM's sacking.

In reality, I will be attending even less games than ever before.............but as they say, it's a movable feast and things change.

Bemused

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 May 2016 18:47

Discussed it over a pint with my step dad, who has joined me at almost every home game over the past 18yrs. Both agreed it was a shock and its harsh on Brian. And we will just leave it there and move on to getting behind the club next term.

We came to the conclusion that we both actually struggled to pluck up any slightest bit of excitement attending games towards the end of last season; and really hope with all these changes it might filter throughout the club and the dross won't carry on into next term. We both agreed we didn't see things changing anytime soon under the old management as international talent was there last season but we were served up awful football and negative half time pints bar a handful of games last September.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2016 19:16

Sent the club a complaint asking to cancel my ST renewal and voicing my disapproval. Will think about whether to renew my RP subscription when it's up in October.

I'm not walking away from the club, If they can show me their decisions have been for the best and they know what they're doing I'll be back quite sharpish. I'm making a stand on an issue that's pissed me right off after a series of blunders and gradual deterioration. I recognise it can't change anything now, but hopefully it might send a message to make some serious effort to get it right this time and then back the person they put in charge.

If we've got yet another new manager within the next 12 months, I may well just call it quits entirely.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 May 2016 19:18

The era of SJM had to end at some point in time. While the sacking of Brian leaves a bad taste. The Thai's are aware of the importance of fans to the future success of Reading. Ball is now firmly in their court to build a relationship with the fan base. I'll still be supporting the team next year both home and away.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 May 2016 19:38

Unfortunately they already have my season ticket money. If I'd known when I renewed what I know now then I wouldn't have renewed.

But I won't be giving them any more money other than that. So no cup or away games this year for me.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 29 May 2016 19:40

I haven't been to a game since they first played "the song".

It was clear from that moment that we shouldn't expect anything to ever be the same again.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 29 May 2016 19:44

sandman Unfortunately they already have my season ticket money. If I'd known when I renewed what I know now then I wouldn't have renewed.

But I won't be giving them any more money other than that. So no cup or away games this year for me.

I understand your sentiment but I will renew to support the team.

Oh and another thing I don't think they get much if anything from away games. So if you want to support the team your better off going to away games.
Of course you will be lining the pockets of some other Johnny foreigner

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 May 2016 19:57

Meh

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 29 May 2016 20:01

I have renewed my season ticket as I am a fan of RFC and always will be.

I will also the support the 11 players that cross the line to start the first game of the 2016-2017 season.

Yes I moan, yes I am concerned but having seen the team in the old Div 4 and still supported them on dull wet evenings away at places such as Barnet I will continue to do so.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 29 May 2016 20:10

Ian Royal Sent the club a complaint asking to cancel my ST renewal and voicing my disapproval. Will think about whether to renew my RP subscription when it's up in October.

I'm not walking away from the club, If they can show me their decisions have been for the best and they know what they're doing I'll be back quite sharpish. I'm making a stand on an issue that's pissed me right off after a series of blunders and gradual deterioration. I recognise it can't change anything now, but hopefully it might send a message to make some serious effort to get it right this time and then back the person they put in charge.

If we've got yet another new manager within the next 12 months, I may well just call it quits entirely.

um. Asking for a refund on your ST?

You are quite within your rights to do what you want but don't pretend you are not walking way when you are.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2016 20:33

Haag Royal I have renewed my season ticket as I am a fan of RFC and always will be.

I will also the support the 11 players that cross the line to start the first game of the 2016-2017 season.

Yes I moan, yes I am concerned but having seen the team in the old Div 4 and still supported them on dull wet evenings away at places such as Barnet I will continue to do so.
Barnet were not in the FL when we were in Div 4.....but never mind...other than that......haven't we all

However, never felt so disenfranchised with the RFC "family" as I have these past few days

Hope your dreams of a marquee manager materialise

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 May 2016 20:46

Don't see a lot wrong in what new owners have done to be fair.

Funny How quickly everyone forgets about administration threat already.

All part of the journey supporting Reading FC.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2016 20:53

(Paul) Nobodies forgetting anything

But

Why hire someone only to fire him before giving him the time and chance do it his way tho'?..........hardly inspires confidence to us the customer.......enjoy that journey....but to me, the ride in the last month has been unprecedented...definately not part of supporting this RFC

Have we sold off the disabled spaces yet?

106 posts