Gunter / HRK / Wales

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Gunter / HRK / Wales

by paultheroyal » 02 Jul 2016 15:09

Maneki Neko lol at some of the 'support' for one of our own on here and social media
well played gunter, you've never given anything less than your all for the club
well played HRK, you've been inconsistent throughout, but not for the want of trying imo

Yep, I am having some of that.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Jul 2016 15:35

tidus_mi2 BBC showed a list of which academies England and Wales players came from, gave HRK to Arsenal, do they claim greater responsibility for his development or do we?

They were making a point about PL academies at the time, so very much manipulating this to fit their agenda. Definitely us.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Jul 2016 21:57

blueroyals
tidus_mi2 BBC showed a list of which academies England and Wales players came from, gave HRK to Arsenal, do they claim greater responsibility for his development or do we?

They were making a point about PL academies at the time, so very much manipulating this to fit their agenda. Definitely us.

They were happy to give us Simon Church.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jul 2016 21:59

What was so wrong with Simon Church?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 Jul 2016 23:17

AthleticoSpizz What was so wrong with Simon Church?

He's that bad he's a poor mans Simon Church.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Jul 2016 00:41

Scutterbucketz I really let myself down last night. I supported Wales. I cheered and clapped like some cheap taffy prick.

I'm so ashamed! Never drinking again!

I'm (technically) Welsh you massive racist cnut.

Best team in the world. That an Iceland obvs.

Obvs all better than England.

elrey

by elrey » 03 Jul 2016 06:25

Binfield Royal If you are Welsh, please feel free to comment but bear in mind this post is not aimed at you.

If you are English, given the video that emerged yesterday of the welsh squad celebrating Englands defeat like they had just won the competition outright, does this affect the way in which you feel about Gunter / HRK / Wales football?

With the Welsh, it so often seems like more than simply banter - a real chip on the shoulder type of "we will always support anyone else against England"

Last question, now England are out, will you support Wales because of Gunter / HRK?

FWIW, I think I would have cheered on Wales before that video came out and now I wont. I also think Gunter and HRK may have damaged their standing with Reading fans but whether that is true and whether it will last remains to be seen.

Actually what has annoyed me about this is A) Bale coming about and making comments like he's a 12 year old teenager and B) someone stupid welsh cow I have on facebook who said that Wales are now officially the best team in the UK. Well.... Wales got beaten by England, and yes England were massively poor, but Wales haven't played a great team yet. Russia, absolutely useless, England playing poorly, Belgium seem massively disjointed, Northern Ireland don't even have any good players etc etc. Portugal don't seem to be good either, so Wales could get to the final.

They'd get humped by Italy, Spain and Germany.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Jul 2016 11:23

leon
Scutterbucketz I really let myself down last night. I supported Wales. I cheered and clapped like some cheap taffy prick.

Well that explains the massive chip on your shoulder.

Come on Ronaldo!

Fukking hell! You've actually made me want Ronaldo to win. You really must be a pcunt!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Jul 2016 13:39

elrey
Binfield Royal If you are Welsh, please feel free to comment but bear in mind this post is not aimed at you.

If you are English, given the video that emerged yesterday of the welsh squad celebrating Englands defeat like they had just won the competition outright, does this affect the way in which you feel about Gunter / HRK / Wales football?

With the Welsh, it so often seems like more than simply banter - a real chip on the shoulder type of "we will always support anyone else against England"

Last question, now England are out, will you support Wales because of Gunter / HRK?

FWIW, I think I would have cheered on Wales before that video came out and now I wont. I also think Gunter and HRK may have damaged their standing with Reading fans but whether that is true and whether it will last remains to be seen.

Actually what has annoyed me about this is A) Bale coming about and making comments like he's a 12 year old teenager and B) someone stupid welsh cow I have on facebook who said that Wales are now officially the best team in the UK. Well.... Wales got beaten by England, and yes England were massively poor, but Wales haven't played a great team yet. Russia, absolutely useless, England playing poorly, Belgium seem massively disjointed, Northern Ireland don't even have any good players etc etc. Portugal don't seem to be good either, so Wales could get to the final.

Wow, I think I know who has the chip on their shoulder.
They might get humped by Germany, they definitely would not get humped by Italy or Spain.
They played badly against England, but they are improving and learning throughout the tournament. If they played against England tomorrow, do you seriously think England would get the same result??
Wales are an excellent team. Not a collection of excellent individuals, but an excellent team. And football is a team game.
Get over it.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Jul 2016 15:04

muirinho
They played badly against England, but they are improving and learning throughout the tournament. If they played against England tomorrow, do you seriously think England would get the same result??

Who knows? Maybe if they played N Ireland again, the Irish would get the win they deserved on the day. If they played Russia again, Russia might not roll over and die again.

They are organised and on a roll. Momentum is so important in football, which is why is was so criminal that we dropped six players for the Slovakia game. We'd just come back to win v Wales - a completely deserved win, despite not being great that day - and a win v Slovakia would have seen us face Iceland with a bit of confidence. Instead we faced them after a frustrating failure.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Jul 2016 20:18

We share a cricket team and we give them out English reject players so I am happy to cheer them on.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 03 Jul 2016 20:45

I am delighted that Gunter is doing well.

I am moderately happy that Wales are doing well.

I am massively bemused with how well Hal is doing and the Europe wide w@nkfest over this player who 'miraculously' doesn't have a club. Hal is a reflection of everything that is wrong with footballers these days. An over-inflated ego, a severe motivation issue, a god complex and altogether most unsavoury individual. I was delighted when it was announced he was leaving, I'm annoyed now that we weren't able to get anything for him, but I am looking forward to the beginning of the new season when I can move on with my life.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jul 2016 05:41

WAZZOCK I am delighted that Gunter is doing well.

I am moderately happy that Wales are doing well.

I am massively bemused with how well Hal is doing and the Europe wide w@nkfest over this player who 'miraculously' doesn't have a club. Hal is a reflection of everything that is wrong with footballers these days. An over-inflated ego, a severe motivation issue, a god complex and altogether most unsavoury individual. I was delighted when it was announced he was leaving, I'm annoyed now that we weren't able to get anything for him, but I am looking forward to the beginning of the new season when I can move on with my life.

I disagree with HRK.

In my opinion it's not that he's naturally good and has played like a retarded lemon for most of his career, but that he's actually gash and for a few games has played far above his level.

Good on him doing well at the Euro's. I hope he finds a club where eventually everyone else will see just how shit he really is.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Jul 2016 08:20

elrey

B) someone stupid welsh cow I have on facebook who said that Wales are now officially the best team in the UK. Well.... Wales got beaten by England, and yes England were massively poor, but Wales haven't played a great team yet. Russia, absolutely useless, England playing poorly, Belgium seem massively disjointed, Northern Ireland don't even have any good players etc etc. Portugal don't seem to be good either, so Wales could get to the final.

Wales clearly are the best team in the UK. If you believe that England are better you're dillusional. They are weak, spineless, spoiled wasters who barely ever put in a proper shift on the team. They lack team spirit and togetherness which Wales have in abundance, which Ireland/Northern Ireland also have.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 04 Jul 2016 08:56

Being the best team in the UK is like being the hottest one in the Golden Girls.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Jul 2016 09:37

I believe England are still the best team in the UK, they dominated their 3 group games but just weren't clinical, not helped by Kane's lack of form and Hodgson's insistence on playing him. They then put in an unnaturally sub par performance against Iceland and were rightfully beaten.

England are better than Wales, as are Spain and Italy, 2 teams also knocked out already.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 04 Jul 2016 10:00

The Beeb reporting that pretty much every team in the world are now in for an HRK who managed one great finish on the world stage.

Letting his Reading contract run down was "probably one of the best decisions of my life" according to the new global superstar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36697957

Good luck when they get him back to their club & find out that he is actually rather toilet and played in only 200ish games over nine years with 24 goals for a reason.

One swallow doesn't make a summer Hal.

I didn't want that to come across as bitter, but how come he plays OK for Wales and was utter rank for us?

Oh well.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Jul 2016 11:55

elrey

just goes to show that a lot of doing well in tournaments is down to dumb luck (and having a manger who knows what hes doing)
we completely dominated a terrible Russia, but couldn't score a second, then conceded at the last minute.
beat a bang average welsh team, then drew despite dominating against a bus parking Slovak team, before having some sort of mental meltdown after unluckily going 2 down against an Iceland we assumed we would walk over.

wales were lucky to beat the Slovaks, lost to us, then played a Russia who were pretty much already out and having a meltdown of their own, winning the group and getting the plumb draw, getting a shit N Ireland team who had just scraped through, enabling them to build momentum for the big tie and putting in a very good performance against a shit Belgium, who've always been shit and will continue to be so, despite having a few very good players.

a deserved win in that first game, followed by beating the welsh would have meant all pressure off, some momentum built for a likely win vs Slovakia (if we hadn't rested a load of players like idiots), then we would have played N, Ireland and at that point could have been in great form for the belgium game.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Jul 2016 12:03

Wales v England

England = better players, under performing as a team.
Wales = better team spirit and togetherness, A bit like Reading under McDermot when we won the league.

I hope Wales go on and win it because it will be a big wake up call for the Football Association and a big kick in the arse for the England primadonna players.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Jul 2016 12:30

Scutterbucketz
leon

Well that explains the massive chip on your shoulder.

Come on Ronaldo!

Fukking hell! You've actually made me want Ronaldo to win. You really must be a pcunt!

that's not a bad point tbf