Pre-Season, my thoughts

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pre-Season, my thoughts

by West Stand Man » 03 Aug 2016 20:33

Lacoste
West Stand Man [quote="Lacoste]. I also think Dennis will struggle, he isn't mibile or physical enough to play as a loan striker and we have such great options on the flanks. He will be decent as an impact player.
.[/quote]

Please tell me this is a typo and you meant 'lone'?[/quote][/quote]

I'll ignore your quote fail.

Yes it was a typo. Writing it on my phone.[/quote]

Partial forgiveness then.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Aug 2016 22:57

Lacoste
Hence the reason VDB played out of position and cooper dropped to the bench in our final first team friendly.

Or Stam wanted Cooper to play on the Saturday instead to work on a particular aspect of his game. Not in the full glare of the crowd. Who'd moan everytime a pass went astray. Was noticeable at Wimbledon that Cooper was attempting passes to feet rather than simply punting the ball forwards.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 04 Aug 2016 08:39

[quote="Haag Royal"]I agree with a lot of what you say. But I think we may lose a few more players before Sept 1. I asked Ladbrokes for odds on us losing both Norwood and Gunter before the end of the transfer window and they wouldn't give me odds.....so add Williams and Obita to that and I think at least 2 will go.

So far so good. One down one to go. No wonder they wouldn't give me odds........

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 04 Aug 2016 08:57

Thanks Lacoste for your thoughts. Not been to a game yet, won't be at Preston on Saturday but will be at Plymouth and Wolves so looking forward to see how this new side is beginning to take shape.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Aug 2016 09:09

Ian Royal
Forbury Lion
Nameless Why would not being offered odds make you think players will leave ?
Might it just mean it's not a market anyone is interested in ?
I doubt they would give me odds on becoming the next Leeds manager....
I don't know who you are, but supposing you no more than a football fan with no experience of managing or playing the professional game then they probably would offer you some odds as a way of taking some free money off you....... The odds would be shorter if you said the best was for you to one day manage Leeds as there would be an outside chance you might get yourself into a position to do that over a number of years.

If you go into a Reading bookies and ask for odds on two players leaving the club they're going to think you know something they don't and you'll just end up taking their money for free whatever odds they offer.

According to some, I was 10/1. 8)
To leave?