SERIOUSLY STOP BOOING

198 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: SERIOUSLY STOP BOOING

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2016 13:19

floyd__streete Noted the crowds for this season have been really rather poor. Any sensible thoughts on why this might be :?:

At least 2 years of abject football being served up with similar results.

Obviously people may disagree with whether the football this year is any better, I only watch the games on TV over here so can't really say much, but the results are improving. 8 points from 12 at home. If that continues, people will return.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Sep 2016 13:19

Is that a question that needs asking ?
We've had two very poor seasons after 10 years of uninterrupted good ones.
In the same way as crowds grow the more successful you are they shrink when you are not doing as well.
But amazingly we are still getting 15k even with small away followings. Not so long ago a 10k crowd was a cause for celebration. Now 15k is seen as poor. Changed times...
If Jaap gives us a team that wins regularly we'll see crowds building, if his style evolves the way it should they will grow further. They may drop in the short term as we root out the boo boys though....

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Sep 2016 13:22

Root out the boo boys! :shock: Sounds a bit 'Gestapo' to me.....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Sep 2016 13:26

floyd__streete Root out the boo boys! :shock: Sounds a bit 'Gestapo' to me.....

I'd see it as our version of the Salem Witchhunts.
Chuck em in the Kennet, if they sink they are Stam fans, if they float they are boo boys so we stab 'em

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Sep 2016 20:20

3 seasons in a row each with a maximum of 8 home league wins does that.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Sep 2016 11:01

floyd__streete Noted the crowds for this season have been really rather poor. Any sensible thoughts on why this might be :?:
Because they are really rather poor and have to be selective about what they spend their money on and after last season they maybe don't get as much entertainment and enjoyment out of the game.

I renewed my season ticket but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to, Maybe if I hadn't renewed and went to games less frequently I would enjoy the occasion more, particularly as I'm already under pressure to skip the valentines day and boxing day fixtures.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Sep 2016 11:15

After two dismals seasons and with little chance of great success in the short term, the glory hunting pLOLastics have left again to follow your Chelseas, your Man Utds and your Maidenhead Uniteds

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Sep 2016 11:45

Were there any boos against Bham?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Sep 2016 11:53

None that I heard tbh

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Sep 2016 11:53

Pepe the Horseman Were there any boos against Bham?

I heard one person shout out boring, but other than that, no booing heard from Y20.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Sep 2016 13:19

Schards#2

After two dismals seasons and with little chance of great success in the short term, the glory hunting pLOLastics have left again to follow your Chelseas, your Man Utds and your Maidenhead Uniteds

Short term meaning the next 90 minutes for some people...
Personally I can see us being in the mix for the playoffs next season if Jaap is allowed to develop his team and we make 2 or 3 smart signings in the next 12 months. Then just see the success junkies come flooding back !
There aren't huge numbers to be persuaded to come back though we're only really a 2-3000 down.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Sep 2016 14:09

Pepe the Horseman Were there any boos against Bham?

I was saying Boo-urns

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Sep 2016 14:49

Maybe the low attendance figures just highlight the booing that was always there?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Sep 2016 15:34

Maybe but then you would've thought the booers would have been the first to go, unless they're masochists.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Sep 2016 15:37

What if the booers are booing the low attendance and it just happens to coincide with every time we pass backwards?

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 17 Sep 2016 18:10

Unfortunately the boo'ers will now be saying they were right as we only had 46% today.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 25 Sep 2016 11:28

Still got the group of dads and lads sat behind us in the ED moaning about everything going back to the goalkeeper. Comments like "oh it least it keeps the keeper warm" etc are becoming a bit dull. However, in the second half when we didn't keep the ball then they didn't say anything. Perhaps they are starting to see the light as well?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Sep 2016 17:38

[code][/code]
Nameless Is that a question that needs asking ?
In the same way as crowds grow the more successful you are they shrink when you are not doing as well.
But amazingly we are still getting 15k even with small away followings. Not so long ago a 10k crowd was a cause for celebration. Now 15k is seen as poor. Changed times...
If Jaap gives us a team that wins regularly we'll see crowds building, if his style evolves the way it should they will grow further. They may drop in the short term as we root out the boo boys though....

Those of us that are old enough to remember 85-86 can vouch for the fact that the football in the first 13 games wasn't great but the crowds kept growing. As soon as we dropped points the crowds dropped off again.

It's nearly always the case that winning is what the average fan wants to see - good football is a bonus

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Sep 2016 08:45

Franchise FC [code][/code]
Nameless Is that a question that needs asking ?

Those of us that are old enough to remember 85-86 can vouch for the fact that the football in the first 13 games wasn't great but the crowds kept growing. As soon as we dropped points the crowds dropped off again.

It's nearly always the case that winning is what the average fan wants to see - good football is a bonus

I think that was as would be expected given the fact the club were on a record breaking run, so everyone wanted to be there in the latter stages. When you couple that though with the dreadful reputation of football fans in the mid 80s (plus the wonderful facilities of chez Elm Park) it wasn't really a surprise that numbers dropped back again once the record run came to an end.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Apr 2017 23:16

"We need our fans even more when we are behind. They need to know that they should support their team, not boo them, when they come off the pitch.

"Compared to what the team has done in the past two seasons, they should appreciate what the players are now doing for them. But if they react like that, I'm not very happy with it.

"The fans need to stick with their team and help them out."

198 posts