Championship Chats

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
teenageroyal

Championship Chats

by teenageroyal » 03 Dec 2016 19:31

Hi all, I have been working on this for a really long time and I would be grateful to get some feedback/suggestions.
My article on this afternoons debarcle has just gone up, so if you have a spare moment, please take a look:

https://championshipchatsblog.wordpress.com

Thanks.

Irvinchangeyaname

Re: Championship Chats

by Irvinchangeyaname » 04 Dec 2016 09:07

'The free clap banners really helped to create an intimidating and electric atmosphere'

:lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Dec 2016 09:41

Your Clueless Blog The home fans really got behind their team in this one, as the whole of the Cottage was singing, and urging Fulham forward. The free clap banners really helped to create an intimidating and electric atmosphere, but what’s most surprising is it wasn’t just the Hammersmith End making the noise. Both the Riverside and Johnny Haynes Stand were really getting behind their team. The 3000+ Reading fans were almost silent for the whole 90 minutes and even with their team’s awful display, I expected a little more noise from such a large away following.

Absolute nonsense. I barely read anything more and I wouldn't bother re visiting. Your username is indicative and very apt considering your ridiculous view on things.

To call those crappy clappers intimidating and a positive thing is pathetic.

As for your fans, I don't believe they created much noise until maybe the end. As usual, sat down and more of a tourist club than one full of passionate and loud supporters.

Now fcuk off

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Dec 2016 10:29

Jeez, that's awful. Let me get one thing straight, the result doesn't bother me, Fulham sussed out how to counter us and played us to a tee. No complaints with the result. What I have a problem with is your writing style.

I particularly disliked the dreadfully clumsy segue from the Columbian plane crash into "Yay, Christmas football, ain't it great" which destroys the gravitas of the first statement with the triteness of the second.

Everything's BRILLIANT. If you want your blog to have any longevity, stop writing like an over exited 7 year old.

Fcuking clap banners, rumblestix or whatever you want to call them. They were shit 15 years ago when we tried them and they're no better now. A departe act for a club struggling to generate an atmosphere.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2016 10:41

Not sure you really needed to go to the effort of creating a blog in order to troll HNA?, "teenageroyal".

An atmosphere at Craven Cottage. :lol:

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 04 Dec 2016 11:51

Your analysis of the match itself seems pretty reasonable, although I'd question whether any Reading player deserved a star player rating

Your view of the atmosphere is diametrically opposed to mine. I find the clappers dreadful but that ma be an age thing. I thought Fulham fans were very quiet while Reading made lots of noise especially considering how woeful their team's performance was. I'll be kind and say it might be due to us being at opposite ends of the ground.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 04 Dec 2016 12:58

sandman wrote:
Not sure you really needed to go to the effort of creating a blog in order to troll HNA?, "teenageroyal".
An atmosphere at Craven Cottage. :lol:

Well put. And anyway, where was Russ Abbot? Just when you're looking for an atmosphere. And an electric one at that :lol:

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 04 Dec 2016 14:47

sandman Not sure you really needed to go to the effort of creating a blog in order to troll HNA?

I don't think he or she did. From the blog looks like they bounce between watching QPR, Fulham & Brentford games.

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 04 Dec 2016 18:42

I'm almost 100% sure you weren't at the game. Tyler Blackett our only good player :lol: he was woeful. Fulham were silent until the 4th went in. Our support was good quality considering we couldn't string 3 passes together. Also, other than Leeds, possibly, can you tell me a championship side who would be singing at 5-0 down?

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 04 Dec 2016 18:42

I'm almost 100% sure you weren't at the game. Tyler Blackett our only good player :lol: he was woeful. Fulham were silent until the 4th went in. Our support was good quality considering we couldn't string 3 passes together. Also, other than Leeds, possibly, can you tell me a championship side who would be singing at 5-0 down?

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 05 Dec 2016 13:06

sloughroyal123 Also, other than Leeds, possibly, can you tell me a championship side who would be singing at 5-0 down?

I'm pretty sure most teams fans would, it's part of that gallows humour that us Brits are renowned for

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 05 Dec 2016 16:37

Blimey, tough crowd.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Dec 2016 17:00

ive not read it, but feel a bit sorry for the guy

hes created something, and put himself out there to be shot at, which is brave and deserves some credit for that at least.

edit- no hang on, ive read it now, you were all correct

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Dec 2016 22:02

Maneki Neko ive not read it, but feel a bit sorry for the guy

hes created something, and put himself out there to be shot at, which is brave and deserves some credit for that at least.

edit- no hang on, ive read it now, you were all correct

Brendy, did you see that Celtic got a decent result at the weekend

Can't rem the team tho....

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 06 Dec 2016 01:17

My suggestion is: don't pose as a fan of the team when you post on their forum. It's disingenuous, it'll be noticed straight away & you'll lose all hope of a positive connection with the reader.

You've got to believe that you're interesting/engaging enough that it's irrelevant why you're sharing your work, otherwise what's the point?

oh_ROAR

by oh_ROAR » 06 Dec 2016 12:29

I thought the comments were lacking constructive criticism until I read the article.

Honestly find it laughable praising the Fulham fans making 'noise'. Their clapping substitute is embarrassing. You are correct in saying we played awfully on the day but that's about the only valid point.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 06 Dec 2016 12:40

RoyalX My suggestion is: don't pose as a fan of the team when you post on their forum. It's disingenuous, it'll be noticed straight away & you'll lose all hope of a positive connection with the reader.

You've got to believe that you're interesting/engaging enough that it's irrelevant why you're sharing your work, otherwise what's the point?

Exactly.

If the OP had called himself "Teenagecottager" and said he had written a blog about how vastly superior Fulham are to Reading in every single way then surely no one would have been complaining, I mean we did lose 5-0 and no one took a single rumblestick.

Its the blatant deceit that grates.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Dec 2016 16:21

Youngsters and old fogies had different hearing ranges - perhaps the clappy clappers sounded alot more intimidating to the younger generation

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1