Re: BFTF ...Some hazy blobs...(H)

by Nameless » 31 Dec 2016 19:20

From where ?
Certainly not from on the pitch.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jan 2017 09:23

Quite probably from the security/cctv cameras.

JIM

by JIM » 01 Jan 2017 09:51

How many at the game please? . no one bothers to update the results page on HNA :|

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Jan 2017 12:52

Can we please sign their right back, Fredericks? Don't know if he can defend but he'd be perfect in Stam's 3-5-2 formation the way he attacks. Shows Gunter what needs to be done; genuine pace and a real threat. SImple 1-2s - you know it's coming but we still couldn't defend it again

Emeraldroyal

Re: JVB or Luke Moore

by Emeraldroyal » 01 Jan 2017 13:25

ElmPark1988 Was anyone close enough to verify who did put in that absolutely brilliant tackle on Oluko on the half way line? :shock:

I have it on good authority it was JVDB *

* absolute speculation / rumour and conjecture based on waffle and innuendo

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Jan 2017 15:10

Emeraldroyal
ElmPark1988 Was anyone close enough to verify who did put in that absolutely brilliant tackle on Oluko on the half way line? :shock:

Almost certain it was Liam Moore, but visibility not that great

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 01 Jan 2017 15:47

Was sat really close.... Definitely Liam Moore

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 01 Jan 2017 18:18

I know its probably been said but do we get a refund or tickets to the rearranged game and when might it be ? Like Whitney Housten said How will I know ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2017 18:25

Blackbag I know its probably been said but do we get a refund or tickets to the rearranged game and when might it be ? Like Whitney Housten said How will I know ?

Check the OS

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Jan 2017 19:42

Blackbag I know its probably been said but do we get a refund or tickets to the rearranged game and when might it be ? Like Whitney Housten said How will I know ?

Pretty certain you won't get a refund.
I think the best you can hope for is a half price ticket for the rearranged game.
Doubt we will have a date for that for a while, need to find a date both teams agree on, that doesn't clash with possible cup games or other fixtures at the Madejski.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 01 Jan 2017 20:46

3points
Emeraldroyal

Was that the one where he slid in and everyone 'ooooood'? Williams got a yellow after it eventually went out for a throw. I thought it was him.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 01 Jan 2017 21:24

Royal Ginger
3points
Emeraldroyal

Was that the one where he slid in and everyone 'ooooood'? Williams got a yellow after it eventually went out for a throw. I thought it was him.

I reckon it was Al Habsi. He went charging out of his box and into the fog, at which point we lost track of him in the Dolan stand.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jan 2017 21:47

Royal Ginger
3points
Emeraldroyal

Williams got booked for rugby tackling Fredericks.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 02 Jan 2017 04:41

Old Biscuitman Didn't log on to read a weather report. Did anyone see any football?

No one saw all the football!! But from what I saw (in the west stand) Fulham had most of the possession (confirmed by BBC stats) but only had 1 shot on goal which was not on target. We had 6 shots with 3 on target - McCleary had a one-on-one with their keeper which the keeper managed to palm away; Kermie had a header which went straight to their keeper and Harriott had a fierce shot brilliantly saved by their keeper just before half-time.

Fulham seemed to create havoc from their right side but I couldn't see much of that because of the fog. It was Fredericks and (I think) Aluko who were running riot against Blackett (who should have been supported by Harriott but I couldn't see if that happened) as they did in the reverse fixture at Craven Cottage. But their final delivery and finishing were poor. We played far more long balls than expected from a 'play-it-out-from-the-back' side but, if we do that, it would be sensible to play such balls to Kermie rather than Kelly!!! Fulham are a hard side and difficult to knock off the ball. They also seemed quicker to the loose balls than we were. I'll be amazed if they are not in the play-offs at the end of the season although their current problems with top goal scorer Chris Martin may jeopardise that.

We need to get Swift and Obita back in the side in my opinion. My Fulham-supporting mate rates Williams as our biggest threat to them though.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 Jan 2017 11:49

marlowuk
Old Biscuitman Didn't log on to read a weather report. Did anyone see any football?

No one saw all the football!! But from what I saw (in the west stand) Fulham had most of the possession (confirmed by BBC stats) but only had 1 shot on goal which was not on target. We had 6 shots with 3 on target - McCleary had a one-on-one with their keeper which the keeper managed to palm away; Kermie had a header which went straight to their keeper and Harriott had a fierce shot brilliantly saved by their keeper just before half-time.

Fulham seemed to create havoc from their right side but I couldn't see much of that because of the fog. It was Fredericks and (I think) Aluko who were running riot against Blackett (who should have been supported by Harriott but I couldn't see if that happened) as they did in the reverse fixture at Craven Cottage. But their final delivery and finishing were poor. We played far more long balls than expected from a 'play-it-out-from-the-back' side but, if we do that, it would be sensible to play such balls to Kermie rather than Kelly!!! Fulham are a hard side and difficult to knock off the ball. They also seemed quicker to the loose balls than we were. I'll be amazed if they are not in the play-offs at the end of the season although their current problems with top goal scorer Chris Martin may jeopardise that.

We need to get Swift and Obita back in the side in my opinion. My Fulham-supporting mate rates Williams as our biggest threat to them though.

From my unaccustomed position in Y20, can concur with this assessment. Harriott is not a wing back, and was shaken off with ease by Fredericks and Ayite (I think!), leaving Blackett stranded two on one on numerous occasions. Looked Fredericks up, he has 3 assists - I'd have expected more, so maybe he's not as good as Harriott made him look. I'd hope for the rematch that it is Obita down that side.

And for all the ease they had down that side, they actually created remarkably little. I could see how they might have beaten us, but not 5-0. So the performance at theirs must have been dreadful. The change in style was interesting - not sure if the long-balls were because of the fog, or because were were trying to do to Fulham what others have done to us. We definitely got in behind them and caused them problems at times.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 02 Jan 2017 12:52

muirinho
marlowuk

I could see how they might have beaten us, but not 5-0. So the performance at theirs must have been dreadful.

It was!!!