Rival Watch

17149 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by sandman » 12 Sep 2018 17:51

John Smith
muirinho Looks like Bolton have come to a deal with their main debtor. Need EFL approval though. So basically, they are currently in limbo. Fingers crossed for them.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... istration/

Ascotexgunner I like Bolton, wonderful heritage, I really hope they come back. They have worked really hard to keep their heads above water and the backroom staff and manager have done a great job under difficult conditions.

What the hell am I reading?! This is the same club that denied us promotion in '95 and you're wishing them well?

Fuck Bolton Wanderers. If any club can't sort it's own finances then they deserve everything they get, regardless of the manager. I can't believe you two - you are not supporters. Please fold your accounts.

This
Last edited by sandman on 12 Sep 2018 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Sep 2018 18:00

Gotta agree, no sympathy for Bolton really as they got themselves in the mess they are in and if we need a club to go through financial implosion to stay up, then oxf*rd 'em.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 12 Sep 2018 18:28

John Smith Fuck Bolton Wanderers. If any club can't sort it's own finances then they deserve everything they get, regardless of the manager. I can't believe you two - you are not supporters. Please fold your accounts.

Nailed. '95 still lives long in the memory. Parky or not, they deserve everything coming to them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2018 20:27

John Smith
muirinho Looks like Bolton have come to a deal with their main debtor. Need EFL approval though. So basically, they are currently in limbo. Fingers crossed for them.

Ascotexgunner I like Bolton, wonderful heritage, I really hope they come back. They have worked really hard to keep their heads above water and the backroom staff and manager have done a great job under difficult conditions.

What the hell am I reading?! This is the same club that denied us promotion in '95 and you're wishing them well?

Fuck Bolton Wanderers. If any club can't sort it's own finances then they deserve everything they get, regardless of the manager. I can't believe you two - you are not supporters. Please fold your accounts.

Oh no, they won a game against us. Jesus, what a melt.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Sep 2018 20:47

Tbf I know some Bolton fans and they’re OK.

Fulham fans on the other hand....

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Sep 2018 00:12

Dick Habbin's hairdo
John Smith Fuck Bolton Wanderers. If any club can't sort it's own finances then they deserve everything they get, regardless of the manager. I can't believe you two - you are not supporters. Please fold your accounts.

Nailed. '95 still lives long in the memory. Parky or not, they deserve everything coming to them.

100%

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Sep 2018 03:02

Snowflake Royal
John Smith

A game? My god. You really have no idea do you? Some true colours being exposed right here. Usually you're OK on but you've really disappointed me and ashamed yourself here.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Sep 2018 07:36

It's that sort of attitude that has got us into this situation in the first place.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Sep 2018 09:42

leon Tbf I know some Bolton fans and they’re OK.

Fulham fans on the other hand....

What's your opinion on Fulham, leon?

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 13 Sep 2018 09:49

John Smith

Well it had to happen one day. I completely agree with John Smith.

That day turned from what looked like it would be the best day of my life to a miserable nightmare that still saddens me today. It was fairytale stuff and it was our club. Jim and Mick, Shaka in goal, nogans done well, nogans done really well. :cry:

oxf*rd bolton.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Sep 2018 11:14

John Smith
Snowflake Royal
John Smith

A game? My god. You really have no idea do you? Some true colours being exposed right here. Usually you're OK on but you've really disappointed me and ashamed yourself here.

Also *melt* is unacceptable term for an insult.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2018 12:38

Disagree. Melt is a pretty good insult. It’s both patronising and hard hitting without being vulgar or particularly rude.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Sep 2018 13:54

CountryRoyal Disagree. Melt is a pretty good insult. It’s both patronising and hard hitting without being vulgar or particularly rude.

It's not as good as "flannel"

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Sep 2018 14:54

genome
CountryRoyal Disagree. Melt is a pretty good insult. It’s both patronising and hard hitting without being vulgar or particularly rude.

I saw someone on Twatter call someone a "salad" the other day

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Sep 2018 15:18

bobby1413
genome

Seriously if people are repeating this kind of crud from reality TV, they probably shouldn't be the ones throwing the insults around.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2018 15:40

Coppells Lost Coat
bobby1413
genome

Seriously if people are repeating this kind of crud from reality TV, they probably shouldn't be the ones throwing the insults around.

Strange comment. Have you thought your argument through properly?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Sep 2018 15:44

CountryRoyal
Coppells Lost Coat
bobby1413

Nope. But i stand by my comment.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Sep 2018 15:46

Coppells Lost Coat Nope. But i stand by my comment.

Melt

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2018 15:53

Coppells Lost Coat
CountryRoyal
Coppells Lost Coat

Nope. But i stand by my comment.[/quote]

Haha fair enough. Tbf I’m only speaking from personal experience but I used melt at uni long before I ever heard it on reality tv.

Reality tv is in by definition a representation (or some bastardised version of) reality. The people on those types of shows are (apparently) just like any other person in our society and therefore their relative socialects are at least partially representative of the vernacular of their peers in the “real world”.

What then happens, as you’ve pointed out, is people who watch those shows may show a tendency of copying certain terms, subconsciously or consciously and then continues the cycle of evolving lexis.

Wether or not the reasons are right (there is not right or or wrong though) that’s how language has evolved and grown throughout history, through borrowing, slang etc.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Sep 2018 15:56

Coppells Lost Coat Nope. But i stand by my comment.

Flannel

17149 posts