Rival Watch

17149 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by John Smith » 30 Jul 2019 11:26

genome Brighton about to spend £25m on Bristol City's Adam Webster.

Imagine how much we could charge for Moore now :lol:

Utterly ridiculous. He's not even good - he's just a centre back

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jul 2019 11:55

Brizzle seem to be competing in a different division in terms of cost for their players. Thats 40m quid for two of last seasons CBs - small sample, but I thought they were pretty woeful defensively when they played here. They must be laughing tbh. Meite urinated all over them for 30 mins until he went off, and they'll be a lot better than him in the prem

but then they also paid 8m for Kalas who I think was way overpriced

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Jul 2019 16:57

John Smith
genome Brighton about to spend £25m on Bristol City's Adam Webster.

Imagine how much we could charge for Moore now :lol:

Utterly ridiculous. He's not even good - he's just a centre back

I've never actually heard of him before.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 31 Jul 2019 09:13

Swansea might be losing McBurnie to Sheffield Utd for £17m.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jul 2019 09:16

Wycombe Royal Swansea might be losing McBurnie to Sheffield Utd for £17m.

May well see them struggle if they can't replace him in the next week if so.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 09:57

thought he was the best striker I saw last season, so fair enough. Will weaken them considerably

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 31 Jul 2019 10:01

Hound thought he was the best striker I saw last season, so fair enough. Will weaken them considerably

The way Swansea are going, they'll be back bouncing between division 3 and 4 in no time.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 10:36

StellaPlease
Hound thought he was the best striker I saw last season, so fair enough. Will weaken them considerably

The way Swansea are going, they'll be back bouncing between division 3 and 4 in no time.

well they had the world's bestest ever manager last season, as well as James and McBurnie and still got nowhere, so dread to think how bad they'll be this year

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 31 Jul 2019 10:38

Hound
StellaPlease

well they had the world's bestest ever manager last season, as well as James and McBurnie and still got nowhere, so dread to think how bad they'll be this year

Yeah exactly. Their new manager is a huge risk and they won't reinvest much of the money.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 14:24

I can't work out what is going on with Bristol City and Brentford. They seem to operating in a completely different world to the rest of us:

Brentford have rejected an offer of £6.5m for winger Sergi Canos

Isn't he absolutely bang average? Was on the bench half the time for them last year, 7 goals and 7 assists. It's ok, but nothing special. Yakou for example had figures of 12 goals 1 assist in less games, and that was in a shite team, not one who have about 25 shots on goal per match.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jul 2019 16:06

Hound
StellaPlease

They got to within two games off the playoffs. No one had heard of Daniel James this time 12 months ago. McBurnie was very much a raw diamond, fast forward 12 months later and they’re both selling for 20 million plus showing Potter is able to nurture and develop young talent, not really sure what your grudge is against him

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jul 2019 16:08

Hound I can't work out what is going on with Bristol City and Brentford. They seem to operating in a completely different world to the rest of us:

Isn't he absolutely bang average? Was on the bench half the time for them last year, 7 goals and 7 assists. It's ok, but nothing special. Yakou for example had figures of 12 goals 1 assist in less games, and that was in a shite team, not one who have about 25 shots on goal per match.

Agree with this though, Canos has always struck me as bang average, although in fairness he did play some of his games as a wing back

I know football prices are inflated but 20 million for Webster, 6.5 million for Canos etc etc seems to be taking it to a whole other level. Think Brentford have reinvested their money a bit more this summer and with Jansson signing, can easily see them making top 6

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 16:12

URZZZZ
Hound
StellaPlease

They got to within two games off the playoffs. No one had heard of Daniel James this time 12 months ago. McBurnie was very much a raw diamond, fast forward 12 months later and they’re both selling for 20 million plus showing Potter is able to nurture and develop young talent, not really sure what your grudge is against him

ha was fishing really. We've had this debate many a time. I think he is well over rated, but yep can see why some others don't

mcBurnie was clearly already a class act though - almost saved Barnsley the season before

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 16:14

URZZZZ
Hound I can't work out what is going on with Bristol City and Brentford. They seem to operating in a completely different world to the rest of us:

Agree with this though, Canos has always struck me as bang average, although in fairness he did play some of his games as a wing back

I know football prices are inflated but 20 million for Webster, 6.5 million for Canos etc etc seems to be taking it to a whole other level. Think Brentford have reinvested their money a bit more this summer and with Jansson signing, can easily see them making top 6

I find it just weird that no other teams are spending any money, or really being able to sell anyone, and these two clubs seem to be splashing the cash and pulling in huge sums on relatively unproven players.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jul 2019 17:14

Hound
URZZZZ

I find it just weird that no other teams are spending any money, or really being able to sell anyone, and these two clubs seem to be splashing the cash and pulling in huge sums on relatively unproven players.

At least we know one of them is bound to fail spectacularly. My bets on Bristol. Teams like Bristol shouldnt be doing such great summer business. Makes the league look bad by comparison.

Jakarta Bee

by Jakarta Bee » 31 Jul 2019 17:33

Wasn't on this day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ROgfz_USI

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 17:41

Jakarta Bee

Wasn't on this day:

Was that the game Brentford had loads of possession and territory but were shit in the final 3rd and contrived to lose 3-2?

Edit: corrected, sorry that was 2015. Only the 4 years ago. Thanks for that.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 18:54

I know somebody who works in Technology at Brentford and he says they are investing an utter crap ton into them as they want their new ground to be a prem ground.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Aug 2019 12:21

The Enfield Royal71 I know somebody who works in Technology at Brentford and he says they are investing an utter crap ton into them as they want their new ground to be a prem ground.

Get him to pass on the message to the people in charge that they might as well not bother.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Aug 2019 12:31

Jakarta Bee

Wasn't on this day:

Remember that game. You scored two absolutely ridiculous goals

17149 posts