17259 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Oct 2019 12:05

Hound
Old Man Andrews Fulham in one photo.

https://twitter.com/FootballFanCast/sta ... 74594?s=20

what would ours be? Sipping our artisan Oat milk Hazelnut cappuccino from the stall outside the ground?

To be fair I've done that with a quiche at a cricket match, to go along with my carrot sticks and hummus.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Oct 2019 12:10

Hound

what would ours be? Sipping our artisan Oat milk Hazelnut cappuccino from the stall outside the ground?

Fornicating with farm animals

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 24 Oct 2019 13:29

leon
Hound

. There’s some sick bastards around these days, sponge cake like that, where are the napkins FFS?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2019 15:48

Stranded
URZZZZ
WestYorksRoyal Fancy Fulham too, though they have been far too inconsistent so far. Maybe inexperience of Parker will cost them.

For most of those games in that dire run which ultimately got Gomes sacked, a consistent theme was that the teams beating us weren't particularly good. I don't think this is a strong league this year; Leeds and WBA as you say are the only teams you look at and think that play-offs would be a failure.

Collectively both Boro and Blackburn have 0 wins in 11 between them since beating us. Two horrible results

And a win in either of those would probably mean we wouldn't have changed manager but potentially be in roughly the same place points wise.

You never know though, a couple of wins on our side against two poor teams and momentum is on our side. Boro are toothless, really wouldn’t be surprised to see them drop unless they sign a couple of decent wingers and an attacking midfielder

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2019 11:48

Mr Optimist
leon
Hound

. There’s some sick bastards around these days, sponge cake like that, where are the napkins FFS?

I do wonder if other clubs official sites have advice like this on their away day previews:

With the weather getting colder and wetter as the year draws towards a close, make sure you take the right clothing to this one in the Midlands.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Oct 2019 16:10

Hound
Mr Optimist
leon

I do wonder if other clubs official sites have advice like this on their away day previews:

With the weather getting colder and wetter as the year draws towards a close, make sure you take the right clothing to this one in the Midlands.

:D I sincerely doubt it

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 25 Oct 2019 17:15

I still remember some poor sod who travelled all the way up on a supporters coach to our away game at Oldham in about 1987 on a Friday night in February.

Boundary Park aka Ice Station Zebra, is not warm at any time of year but this bloke turned up in his espadrilles, and decided to stay on the warm coach than join us on the open terrace behind the goal and risk losing his toes to frostbite.

Think we got hammered 4-0. Great days.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Oct 2019 09:36

Mr Optimist I still remember some poor sod who travelled all the way up on a supporters coach to our away game at Oldham in about 1987 on a Friday night in February.

Boundary Park aka Ice Station Zebra, is not warm at any time of year but this bloke turned up in his espadrilles, and decided to stay on the warm coach than join us on the open terrace behind the goal and risk losing his toes to frostbite.

Think we got hammered 4-0. Great days.

One of our crew waited for a friend, who managed to get a comp with us.
First friend ended on the terrace in the snow :shock: :lol: :lol:
On his own :lol: :lol:

For sheer ice coldness, Odsall for the 3-0 defeat. That’s the worst I’ve ever endured.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Oct 2019 17:01

Only one goal above the drop zone now. Woodgate has got to be in trouble soon

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Oct 2019 17:07

URZZZZ Only one goal above the drop zone now. Woodgate has got to be in trouble soon

Next 2 games are incredibly important, need 4-6 points from home games against Millwall and Luton.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Oct 2019 17:25

Gary Rowett and Millwall are not exactly the sort of game you're wanting to play in our position!

Mowbray in trouble too and Jones really has to go tonight

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 26 Oct 2019 18:42

Hound
Mr Optimist
leon

Yea I noticed that too haha maybe they were just surprised we sold so many tickets for this one

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Oct 2019 18:44

URZZZZ Gary Rowett and Millwall are not exactly the sort of game you're wanting to play in our position!

It will be interesting, Millwall are actually quite decent at home this season but away they have been absolute garbage, still without a win.

Kiss of death I know.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Oct 2019 19:37

tidus_mi2
URZZZZ Gary Rowett and Millwall are not exactly the sort of game you're wanting to play in our position!

It will be interesting, Millwall are actually quite decent at home this season but away they have been absolute garbage, still without a win.

Kiss of death I know.

Yeah, think they’ve won 3 away games in 32, something like that. Quite simply need to take 6 points from the next 2 games IMO. 3/4 wouldn’t be a disaster, anything less and it’s not looking good

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Oct 2019 22:52

No idea how Nathan Jones is still in a job at Stoke. Shocked they haven't thrown up the Tony Pulis sign into the night sky to call in him to save them.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Oct 2019 16:00

Swansea 1-0 Cardiff
Bristol 2-2 Wigan

First serious calls for Warnock out at Cardiff from their fans. Shocking display. Wigan showing Bristol really aren't a very good side but our fans thought a 1-0 defeat was an acceptable result :?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Oct 2019 17:27

Did they? I certainly didn’t

Wigan surprised me when I watched them the other day vs forest. Quite good

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Oct 2019 17:32

Hound Did they? I certainly didn’t

What I saw of Swansea Cardiff neither team were any good.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Oct 2019 18:45

Hound Did they? I certainly didn’t

Many of the pro Gomes fans argued a 1-0 defeat at Bristol wasn't a bad result considering their position in the table but I generally can't understand how they're so high, they flatter to decieve

Onto Wigan, I've heard on here and in other places that after the Forest game, we had an easier run in. True to an extent but our three fixtures after the break are Brentford (A), Leeds (H) and Wigan (A). Considering Brentford have only lost one at home, Wigan have only lost one at home and Leeds have only lost one away, that's another tough few games. Really puts pressure on the next two IMO

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Oct 2019 18:59

Yeah it’s not an easy month

We really do seem to have had some tough fixtures to start the season. Teams like Brentford and Wigan are a totally different prospect at home

17259 posts