Rival Watch

17149 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rival Watch

by Stranded » 23 Jan 2020 08:46

Snowflake Royal Just realised:
We're the reason Preston aren't on equal points with Leeds by taking 6 points off them
We're the reason Forest aren't on equal points with Leeds after taking 4 points away with two late equalisers
We're the reason Fulham aren't on equal points with Leeds after taking 3 points from them.
And we gave Leeds 3 points.

It's us that are sending Leeds up. :cry:

Two things there: a) if it isn't us, who really cares who goes up - Leeds collapsing again would of course be hilarious but if they go up - massive shoulder shrug and move on - they'll be back again sooner rather that later and b) we still have to play Leeds away, so could well still take some points off then too.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2020 11:48

The only thing funnier than Leeds bottling promotion would be them going up, having a terrible season and coming straight back down.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 11:52

genome The only thing funnier than Leeds bottling promotion would be them going up, having a terrible season and coming straight back down.

Neither of those things will happen though will it? Leeds are a Champions League club in waiting, a top 6 Premier League club at worst. I wish football supporters were a little bit more honest when it came to other clubs, so much jealously exists.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 23 Jan 2020 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 11:53

genome The only thing funnier than Leeds bottling promotion would be them going up, having a terrible season and coming straight back down.

*with crippling debt.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2020 11:55

NewCorkSeth

*with crippling debt.

Sign me up.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Jan 2020 14:30

When Leeds go up, will they make a better fist of it than Aston Villa currently are?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 14:35

John Smith When Leeds go up, will they make a better fist of it than Aston Villa currently are?

Don't think there is any doubt about that John. Think about the players a club like Leeds would attract in the top flight?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jan 2020 14:48

Old Man Andrews
John Smith When Leeds go up, will they make a better fist of it than Aston Villa currently are?

Don't think there is any doubt about that myself from my other login. Think about the players a club like Leeds would attract in the top flight?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Jan 2020 14:52

Old Man Andrews

Don't think there is any doubt about that John. Think about the players a club like Leeds would attract in the top flight?

Probably the same level of players they're attracting now, consistent failures and bottlejobs

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2020 14:54

As much I enjoy the schadenfreude of watching Leeds' annual choke job I'd be happy for them to get promoted so that someone else in the championship can get a bit of shine (Admittedly this will just be the next "big" club on the list but the drooling over Leeds is just soooo fvcking dull)

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 23 Jan 2020 15:32

Old Man Andrews

Neither of those things will happen though will it? Leeds are a Champions League club in waiting, a top 6 Premier League club at worst. I wish football supporters were a little bit more honest when it came to other clubs, so much jealously exists.

Why do you have such a boner for Leeds?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Jan 2020 15:45

Old Man Andrews

Goals are so crucial in the Prem. They would need an elite striker - Bamford isn't even good enough for the Championship. I don't like the keeper either.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 16:12

Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews

I don't, I have a boner for football. I've seen them play a lot and enjoy the way they play. I can say that about a lot of teams. Just because I support Reading I allow myself to enjoy other teams too, Wycombe for example who are under the stewardship of the excellent Gareth Ainsworth.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jan 2020 16:26

Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews

I've no doubt he doesn't believe a word of it. Its some strange trolling/getting attention effort, which only he really understands the reasons for

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 16:29

Hound
Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews Neither of those things will happen though will it? Leeds are a Champions League club in waiting, a top 6 Premier League club at worst. I wish football supporters were a little bit more honest when it came to other clubs, so much jealously exists.

I've no doubt he doesn't believe a word of it. Its some strange trolling/getting attention effort, which only he really understands the reasons for

Or he actually does appreciate them as a team but has been challenged on it so much that he has become an extremist.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jan 2020 16:30

NewCorkSeth
Hound
Tilehurstsouthbank

Or he actually does appreciate them as a team but has been challenged on it so much that he has become an extremist.

yeah a bit of that as well

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2020 17:08

Hound
Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews Neither of those things will happen though will it? Leeds are a Champions League club in waiting, a top 6 Premier League club at worst. I wish football supporters were a little bit more honest when it came to other clubs, so much jealously exists.

It's so obvious it's painful.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jan 2020 20:36

The problem with Leeds, and I'm removing my shit tinted spectacles with regard to them just for a moment, is fourfold.

Firstly, I see 2 glaring holes in their team; up front and in goal.

Secondly, they don't have enough strength in depth which is why they always struggle when their key players are out.

Thirdly, Bielsa flogs his squads to death

Fourthly. The level of expectation for a club that has been in League 1 more recently than the Premiership is staggering. The moment the first three things take effect, the fans will get on the players' backs and they will shit themselves further.

So I'm summary, Leeds will fall apart again.

Oh, and for all the big club bollocks, they don't actually have the money to compete at the top end of the Premiership.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 21:28

From Despair To Where? The problem with Leeds, and I'm removing my shit tinted spectacles with regard to them just for a moment, is fourfold.

Secondly, they don't have enough strength in depth which is why they always struggle when their key players are out.

Fourthly. The level of expectation for a club that has been in League 1 more recently than the Premiership is staggering. The moment the first three things take effect, the fans will get on the players' backs and they will shit themselves further.

Oh, and for all the big club bollocks, they don't actually have the money to compete at the top end of the Premiership.

Last point is certainly not true. Over £250m will be pumped in by investors if they go up. There are a number of interested parties waiting in the wings, they just need promotion before they declare their interests.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2020 21:41

Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where? The problem with Leeds, and I'm removing my shit tinted spectacles with regard to them just for a moment, is fourfold.

Last point is certainly not true. Over £250m will be pumped in by investors if they go up. There are a number of interested parties waiting in the wings, they just need promotion before they declare their interests.

That seems odd, though, when you look at what happened with Wolves.

17149 posts