Rival Watch

17236 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by sandman » 27 Jan 2020 12:48

John Smith
KC Royal I would say Medway in general. For several years I went to about 1 Gillingham game a season and always thought I could never go more regularly as it would mean mixing with the locals more often, (apart from obviously wanting to go to our games more often). There was often an unsavoury atmosphere, Dom Samuel was the victim the last time I went (the day Rakels scored that late winner at Charlton), and I remember one FA Cup game against Stoke (when we lost at home to Stevenage) when one fan was so intent on hurling abuse at Jonathan Woodgate he almost got onto the pitch. Woodgate was rather taken aback, and the stewards, which were seated between the stand and the pitch, never did anything about it.

Choosing to go to a Gillingham game when Reading were playing a few miles up the road. Are you a supporter? Or are you a disgrace?

Could be worse. Could be a Clown like you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2020 12:50

Leeds have made what is arguably the greatest signing in Championship history.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... r-17487435

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Jan 2020 13:20

Old Man Andrews Leeds have made what is arguably the greatest signing in Championship history.

I didn't think Leeds were our rivals, etc, etc.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 27 Jan 2020 13:30

Old Man Andrews Leeds have made what is arguably the greatest signing in Championship history.

Nobody besides you gives a oxf*rd.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2020 13:44

Tilehurstsouthbank

Its the rivals thread, they are a rival, it is news. Deal with it.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Jan 2020 13:45

sandman
John Smith Choosing to go to a Gillingham game when Reading were playing a few miles up the road. Are you a supporter? Or are you a disgrace?

Could be worse. Could be a Clown like you.

Bit of an offensive post? Are you OK? What's that claim based on?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jan 2020 13:46

Doesn't exactly have a great goal scoring record.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 27 Jan 2020 13:58

John Smith
KC Royal I would say Medway in general. For several years I went to about 1 Gillingham game a season and always thought I could never go more regularly as it would mean mixing with the locals more often, (apart from obviously wanting to go to our games more often). There was often an unsavoury atmosphere, Dom Samuel was the victim the last time I went (the day Rakels scored that late winner at Charlton), and I remember one FA Cup game against Stoke (when we lost at home to Stevenage) when one fan was so intent on hurling abuse at Jonathan Woodgate he almost got onto the pitch. Woodgate was rather taken aback, and the stewards, which were seated between the stand and the pitch, never did anything about it.

Choosing to go to a Gillingham game when Reading were playing a few miles up the road. Are you a supporter? Or are you a disgrace?

Given that Reading is more than twice as far away as Gillingham for me i'm not sure where the few miles up the road comment comes in. And i'd been to our previous home game against Ipswich on NYE so plumped for a big cup tie involving my nearest league team over another 4 hr round trip where we had everything to lose. Our result still ruined my day though and I went to a couple more games at the Mad Stad before January was over.

I'll admit I should go to more of our games these days but things often get in the way. Last season was the most apathetic season I've had in 18 years of going to games, just didn't have the interest in going and even watching games was often hard work.

Anyway, sorry I don't meet your high standards :roll:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jan 2020 14:11

I can't believe John Smith got two bites on that post.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Jan 2020 14:18

KC Royal Given that Reading is more than twice as far away as Gillingham for me i'm not sure where the few miles up the road comment comes in.

The game you mentioned was at the The Valley, Charlton. A short and direct train journey away from Gillingham.

Do you want to ask a different question, or do you want to ask it differently?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 27 Jan 2020 14:30

Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank

They're not really though are they? We have no significant history with them, It's not geographical and in terms of stature we're not as big. The only thing we have in common is we both currently play in the second tier. Try again.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2020 14:31

Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank Nobody besides you gives a oxf*rd.

They're not really though are they? We have no significant history with them, It's not geographical and in terms of stature we're not as big. The only thing we have in common is we both currently play in the second tier. Try again.

They are a fellow Championship rival that we are hoping to be promoted alongside. You really don't have a clue what you are talking about and don't deserve my time.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 27 Jan 2020 14:32

genome I can't believe John Smith got two bites on that post.

You're giving him too much credit there mate. He's more of an arsehole than a WUM.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 27 Jan 2020 14:32

Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews Its the rivals thread, they are a rival, it is news. Deal with it.

They are a fellow Championship rival that we are hoping to be promoted alongside. You really don't have a clue what you are talking about and don't deserve my time.

Ouch. How will I get through the rest of the day?! :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2020 14:33

you not bored of this yet OMA?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2020 14:34

Hound you not bored of this yet OMA?

Of what? Talking about football?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jan 2020 15:11

Considering Derby currently have Wayne Rooney playing for them I'm not sure this Leeds signing even classifies as the biggest signing this season.
It seems pretty much like us signing Royston Drenthe....

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jan 2020 15:16

Hound you not bored of this yet OMA?

he lives for it, he will never get bored of it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2020 15:17

Nameless Considering Derby currently have Wayne Rooney playing for them I'm not sure this Leeds signing even classifies as the biggest signing this season.

Not sure what Rooney has done so far, can anyone let me know?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jan 2020 15:20

Old Man Andrews
Nameless Considering Derby currently have Wayne Rooney playing for them I'm not sure this Leeds signing even classifies as the biggest signing this season.

Not sure what Rooney has done so far, can anyone let me know?

well he's played a couple of games at least, your 'greatest signing in the history of the championship' hasn't even set foot on a pitch yet.

17236 posts