Rival Watch

17149 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Rival Watch

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Mar 2020 21:25

NewCorkSeth
tidus_mi2 Jesus, Millwall are slaughtering Forest right now.

Gaz is doing a superb job at Millwall.

Good manager, wouldn't have minded him at Reading tbh.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Mar 2020 10:29

That was Forest’s first defeat to a team in the top 10 since the first game of the season

Strange team. Yet if they cling on to the top 6, can see them going the whole way, play better against the better teams

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Mar 2020 15:19

So yeah Hull are going down

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2020 17:08

Garry Monk must be on the brink at Sheffield Wednesday.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Mar 2020 17:34

genome So yeah Hull are going down

Think Barnsley and Luton are going. Depends on how much Charlton will be affected after their home
disappointment to Middlesbrough today. Hull are the one side in total free fall (9 defeats and 2 draws from their last 11 league games).

The unknown element, of course, is the possible 9 point deductions that might be applied to Wednesday and Derby and a possible 12 point penalty that might turn up at St Andrews later this month. If that happens the relegation battle gets even more interesting.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Mar 2020 17:36

Sutekh

Think Barnsley and Luton are going. Depends on how much Charlton will be affected after their home
disappointment to Middlesbrough today. Hull are the one side in total free fall (9 defeats and 2 draws from their last 11 league games).

The unknown element, of course, is the possible 9 point deductions that might be applied to Wednesday and Derby and a possible 12 point penalty that might turn up at St Andrews later this month. If that happens the relegation battle gets even more interesting.

BBC Radio Berks were again hinting we might get hit
with a penalty.

If we got it and applied next year that would be hard
and could stop us making the POs

So we'll have to scrape into the PO's THIS season (on last day)
win the PO's and go up.

SORTED

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Mar 2020 17:50

Sutekh

Birmingham cleared.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51773298

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Mar 2020 19:01

Snowball
Sutekh

with a penalty.

win the PO's and go up.

SORTED

On what basis are they saying that?

I went to the game and staying at my sons up here,. so no idea what Dellor & gooding were saying but stuff on social media has said they are still looking down rather than up. I almost think they want us to go down.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 07 Mar 2020 20:06

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowball
Sutekh

with a penalty.

win the PO's and go up.

SORTED

I went to the game and staying at my sons up here,. so no idea what Dellor & gooding were saying but stuff on social media has said they are still looking down rather than up. I almost think they want us to go down.

Dellor and gooding are two of the most clueless people out there. They have absolutely zero knowledge of football and reading fc.

okanaganroyal

by okanaganroyal » 07 Mar 2020 20:42

Simmops
Mid Sussex Royal
Snowball
with a penalty.

win the PO's and go up.

SORTED

Dellor and gooding are two of the most clueless people out there. They have absolutely zero knowledge of football and reading fc.

So you know more than a player that played for us for eight years and was a manager after, do one

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 07 Mar 2020 21:32

okanaganroyal
Simmops
Mid Sussex Royal

So you know more than a player that played for us for eight years and was a manager after, do one

Yes I do know more then both of them.

Where the oxf*rd is Okanaga anyway?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2020 23:14

But not the difference between then and than. Don't go back to being tiresome DD, we've got OMA more than filling that niche already.

It's a region in British Columbia, Canada. Google's really useful you know.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2020 23:21

windermereROYAL
Sutekh

Birmingham cleared.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51773298

Perhaps not.

The EFL said in a statement the decision is "subject to an appeal".

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Mar 2020 23:29

Hull, Boro and Charlton are all abysmal. I don't think for a moment we'll lose all remaining matches, but even if we did, I think we'd survive.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Mar 2020 11:34

Doesn’t seem like anyone wants that last playoff spot

Preston are on poor form, Bristol are on poor form, Blackburn and Cardiff are inconsistent along with Swansea and Millwall seem to struggle to convert draws to wins, other than Friday

Looks like QPR at the moment have the momentum and their next two games are Barnsley and Charlton. Given themselves a real chance

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Mar 2020 12:55

URZZZZ Doesn’t seem like anyone wants that last playoff spot

Preston are on poor form, Bristol are on poor form, Blackburn and Cardiff are inconsistent along with Swansea and Millwall seem to struggle to convert draws to wins, other than Friday

Looks like QPR at the moment have the momentum and their next two games are Barnsley and Charlton. Given themselves a real chance

They're all assuming its for Leeds.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Mar 2020 13:35

All of those sides are painfully average as well.

But of a missed opportunity this year tbh.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Mar 2020 13:43

Hound

All of those sides are painfully average as well.

But of a missed opportunity this year tbh.

Frustrating really. 5 more points against Hull and Wigan and we’d be right back in it

Saying that, I’m sure every team can point to games they should have won so doesn’t really work like that

7/9 points from the next three could give us a squeak but it’s three tough games coming up before the break

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Mar 2020 14:02

Yeah there’s always ‘what ifs’ but the Hull result was particularly frustrating. You’d still give us a reasonable chance if we were 6 points behind, 8 points - ie 3 wins - is a very tall order

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Mar 2020 14:06

I prefer my what ifs in the form of "what if Gomes hadn't been the hopeless incompetent in charge at the start of the season". What if we'd thanked him for keeping us up, parted ways and appointed Bowen in June?

17149 posts