Rival Watch

17260 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Nameless » 13 Jul 2020 21:43

Old Man Andrews
genome Akinfenwa is fcuking brilliant :lol:

Can't believe he is leaving them! I'd have him around just for motivational purposes. Seems like he would be great to be around on a day to day basis.

Wycombe can’t afford to have someone doing ‘motivation’
I do like him though, he looks like he should be nowhere near a professional sports environment but he is effective and knows how to do a job.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 21:45

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
genome Akinfenwa is fcuking brilliant :lol:

Can't believe he is leaving them! I'd have him around just for motivational purposes. Seems like he would be great to be around on a day to day basis.

I do like him though, he looks like he should be nowhere near a professional sports environment but he is effective and knows how to do a job.

He could be a coach. Pretty sure their budget has just at least doubled from that promotion.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jul 2020 21:48

Well done Wycombe, but they will do very well to survive more than one season in the championship,

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 21:49

windermereROYAL Well done Wycombe, but they will do very well to survive more than one season in the championship,

The pundits said they would do well to stay up in League 1 and look what happened.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jul 2020 21:51

I want West Ham to come down because West Ham vs Wycombe in their big London Stadium would be hilarious

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jul 2020 21:53

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews Can't believe he is leaving them! I'd have him around just for motivational purposes. Seems like he would be great to be around on a day to day basis.

He could be a coach. Pretty sure their budget has just at least doubled from that promotion.

And their costs have doubled as well....
Nightmare ground to be staging Championship football, still unbelieveable it ever got planning permission !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 21:55

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Nightmare ground to be staging Championship football, still unbelieveable it ever got planning permission !

It's a lovely little ground with fantastic surrounding, very pretty views. You seem to have a real grudge against Wycombe, they are a delightful club.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jul 2020 21:59

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews He could be a coach. Pretty sure their budget has just at least doubled from that promotion.

It's a lovely little ground with fantastic surrounding, very pretty views. You seem to have a real grudge against Wycombe, they are a delightful club.

Better than having a completely unhealthy obsession !
The ground itself is ok, if unremarkable. It’s the access and park8ng that is shocking. I know ours is bad but I’ve been there forgames with 2-3000 and it’s taken an hour to get out of the top field.
If there was ever a major incident at the ground the emergency services would have no chance.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Jul 2020 22:11

At least a real ground. Unlike the Kassam.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Jul 2020 22:12

Nameless Impressive for a team who weren’t actually in the playoff places to win the playoff final.
They’ll do well to finish 23rd next season I suspect.
Hope they enjoy their moment, however you do it, winning promotion is a great thing.

They weren’t in the playoff places?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jul 2020 22:14

Lower West At least a real ground. Unlike the Kassam.

The Kassam is 3/4 of a real ground.....

I went to a league game at Wycombe a couple of seasons ago and they were charging more than we were! Had to avoid telling the bloke I just wanted to watch a game, not buy the club.
Last edited by Nameless on 13 Jul 2020 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Jul 2020 22:14

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Why the WW hate?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jul 2020 22:18

SouthDownsRoyal
Nameless
Old Man Andrews He could be a coach. Pretty sure their budget has just at least doubled from that promotion.

Why the WW hate?

What hate ?
Have you been to their ground ? Crazy single narrow road access made worse by lots of people trying to find places to park in the units on the road. Car park is a field with access via a slope that becomes impassable when it rains. It’s a lovely semi rural setting but access is worse than the Madejski with crowds a fraction the size.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jul 2020 22:22

oxf*rd leave Wycombe alone, Nimrod. First you pick on Ronan Keating and now you've got it out for Wycombe.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 22:23

Nameless
SouthDownsRoyal
Nameless

Why the WW hate?

What hate ?
Have you been to their ground ? Crazy single narrow road access made worse by lots of people trying to find places to park in the units on the road. Car park is a field with access via a slope that becomes impassable when it rains. It’s a lovely semi rural setting but access is worse than the Madejski with crowds a fraction the size.

Never had a single issue getting in or out of Wycombe's ground by car and I've been there on numerous occasions. Never had an issue parking, there are many spaces in the neighbouring business car parks.

Your argument doesn't even nearly make sense considering parking and getting in and out of the Madejski is a complete and utter nightmare.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Jul 2020 22:38

sandman oxf*rd leave Wycombe alone, Nimrod. First you pick on Ronan Keating and now you've got it out for Wycombe.

I’ve got to agree with this.

Ronan Keating and Wycombe Wanderers are both successful and inoffensive, don’t target them please.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jul 2020 22:59

SouthDownsRoyal
sandman oxf*rd leave Wycombe alone, Nimrod. First you pick on Ronan Keating and now you've got it out for Wycombe.

I’ve got to agree with this.

Ronan Keating and Wycombe Wanderers are both successful and inoffensive, don’t target them please.

Ronan Keating is actually a Wycombe fan believe it or not. He used to live in Hazlemere.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Jul 2020 23:31

Nameless
SouthDownsRoyal
Nameless

Why the WW hate?

What hate ?

Spot on. It's a nightmare. I'm not even sure why they are allowed to have a stadium with such poor access and egress.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jul 2020 06:08

Don't drive there then. If fans are allowed next season, always found best way to get there is train to Marlow. Drink in the Donkey, if it's still there, and 10mins in a cab from there.

Book the same taxi on way back and repeat. Job done.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jul 2020 07:37

This Adams Park access talk is complete nonsense. Like I have said previously I have never had one issue parking there or getting out of there, it is a myth created by jealous Reading supporters who hold a grudge against Wycombe and cannot bring themselves to acknowledge their achievements.

17260 posts