Rival Watch

17149 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jul 2020 19:49

Kyle Naughton gets a straight red so will miss the final game of the season against us.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jul 2020 20:20

Huddersfield have WBA and Millwall to play. Ouch.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jul 2020 20:47

Huddersfield still in the mix certainly

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Jul 2020 21:26

So are Charlton, an in form Wigan and Leeds to play

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jul 2020 21:28

Would love Huddersfield, Birmingham and Hull to go. Got a soft spot for Barnsley as for some reason they use the theme to the Hitman and Her as their players walkout music. Got to respect that.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 15 Jul 2020 22:40

Hull v Luton at the weekend - can see Luton escaping

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jul 2020 23:55

Old Man Andrews
tidus_mi2
Old Man Andrews Why are Leeds "bricking it" when they are at home to Barnsley tomorrow and a win all but sees them promoted? Leeds are by far the best side in the Championship, they are up and will be Champions. :roll:

I know you've got a hard on for Leeds but I did say West Brom would be more concerned.

I said nothing that isn't factually accurate. You will respect Leeds.

No I won’t can’t make me.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jul 2020 00:48

Nameless I hope Leeds get promoted, will be great not having them in this division, even if it’s only for one season.

Think Leeds would be OK next season if they inevitably get promoted this season. Would need a striker alongside Bamford and perhaps a couple of backups elsewhere but nothing too radical

Lesson for the promoted Champ teams this season is don’t overspend as it rarely works. Huddersfield, Fulham and Villa have all fallen victim to this, in reality, buying a load of random foreigners doesn’t help as firstly most have none/little experience of English football and additionally, can negatively affect team morale

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jul 2020 06:09

Notts Royal Hull v Luton at the weekend - can see Luton escaping

If any of the current bottom 3 are going to get out of it, it is them. GD is not their friend though so definitely need Charlton and Huddersfield to lose this weekend.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 16 Jul 2020 06:28

For purely selfish reasons don't want Brum or Charlton to go, as they are great days out on the pop. {Here's hoping we can get back to games soon)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jul 2020 10:18

Royality creeps In For purely selfish reasons don't want Brum or Charlton to go, as they are great days out on the pop. {Here's hoping we can get back to games soon)

Well the EFL were hoping to do some trial runs on the final day but only for games that are dead rubbers. Unfortunately, they cancelled it as there doesn't appear there will be many if any.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jul 2020 10:23

Stranded
Royality creeps In For purely selfish reasons don't want Brum or Charlton to go, as they are great days out on the pop. {Here's hoping we can get back to games soon)

Well the EFL were hoping to do some trial runs on the final day but only for games that are dead rubbers. Unfortunately, they cancelled it as there doesn't appear there will be many if any.

Can't see away supporters being let in until there is a vaccine, government can't possibly consider allowing thousands of people to travel around the country every weekend potentially spreading infection. Easiest way to do things is to allow clubs to fill 25% of their stadium with home supporters each week and then steadily increase numbers based on infection rates in that particular region. Its going to be a slow process.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Jul 2020 10:27

Mid Sussex Royal They benefited hugely from the covid break as would have run out of steam as per usual if the season had played out in March

Yep, almost as much of an asterisk against a Leeds promotion as Wycombe's playoff win

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jul 2020 10:39

Old Man Andrews
Stranded

Can't see away supporters being let in until there is a vaccine, government can't possibly consider allowing thousands of people to travel around the country every weekend potentially spreading infection. Easiest way to do things is to allow clubs to fill 25% of their stadium with home supporters each week and then steadily increase numbers based on infection rates in that particular region. Its going to be a slow process.

That was the plan - 25% capacity - home fans only. Hence wanting to trial it at a game with nothing riding on it so as not to skew a game with relegation/promotion riding on it

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jul 2020 11:04

Old Man Andrews He has had a nightmare that keeper.

Bit late to the party but what an incredible result for Wycombe. I nearly wrote the word unbelievable but with Gareth Ainsworth, anything is believable/possible.

With regards to the Oxford United goalkeeper, if I was in charge of the club I would sack him for that shocking display: costing his side two goals, unable to keep his cool on the big stage and undoing a year's hard work in 90 mins of madness. He goes.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jul 2020 11:55

Stranded

With 9000 season ticket holders at Reading - its going to be easy for them as a club to open up 1/3rd capacity.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jul 2020 11:56

paultheroyal
Stranded

With 9000 season ticket holders at Reading - its going to be easy for them as a club to open up 1/3rd capacity.

We aren't going to have that many next season, reckon about a quarter of that based on financial impact to people and the worry of catching COVID.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jul 2020 11:58

Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal
Stranded

We aren't going to have that many next season, reckon about a quarter of that based on financial impact to people and the worry of catching COVID.

if its the only way to watch The Royals - i believe high percentage will renewal with the remainder upto a capacity of about 10,000 offered on the royalty scheme reward points system, first come first served.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jul 2020 12:00

Stranded

If any of the current bottom 3 are going to get out of it, it is them. GD is not their friend though so definitely need Charlton and Huddersfield to lose this weekend.

Barnsley are fcuked with away trips to Leeds and Brentford still to play

The other 4 effectively in the bottom 5 play each other.

Winner of Charlton v Wigan stays up. Charlton need to win with a trip to Leeds on the the final day.

Both Luton and Hull really need at least 4 points. Loser on Saturday is down barring an unlikely chain of events.

Huddersfield realistically need a point or to do no worse than Charlton's on Saturday.

I reckon it will be Hull and Charlton joining Barnsley.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jul 2020 12:02

From Despair To Where?
Stranded

Barnsley are fcuked with away trips to Leeds and Brentford still to play

The other 4 effectively in the bottom 5 play each other.

Winner of Charlton v Wigan stays up. Charlton need to win with a trip to Leeds on the the final day.

Both Luton and Hull really need at least 4 points. Loser on Saturday is down barring an unlikely chain of events.

Huddersfield realistically need a point or to do no worse than Charlton's on Saturday.

I reckon it will be Hull and Charlton joining Barnsley.

Thats an amazing run of fixtures and coincidences.

Based on the above...

you are correct - Barnsley, Hull and Charlton are goners.

However - if there are any freak results ie Barnsley getting a win or Charlton at Leeds then one of them will swap with Huddersfield. Fascinating.

Wigan have been nothing short of fantastic.

17149 posts