17257 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Hound » 26 Jul 2020 21:06

genome
Hound Studs up tackle. Looked a red to me. Makes no odds if he touched it

Be amazed if it gets overturned

The Brewster yellow card on the other hand....

It was barely even a foul!

You'd see 5 players getting sent off every game if that was a red

That’s just not true - you very rarely so a tackle like that

I thought Swansea looked very good tonight and Brentford lucky not to be coming back at least 2 down. Dire penalty from Ayew (good goal though) and clearly a second pen for them

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Jul 2020 21:13

Rather visit Brentford and their new ground next season than a potential ride back down to south Wales.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jul 2020 21:24

Franchise FC
genome
Hound Swansea have battered them

Which decision you referring to - the penalty?

The red card

Even if it’s overturned on appeal, which it will be, it’s cost Brentford 30 minutes a man light.
Keith Stroud is just appalling

What basis is there for an appeal ?
It’s not a clear error, appeals should only be for obvious errors. This would simply be a difference of opinion and the referee should always be the sole judge (although VAR has destroyed thatbasic principleof the game)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2020 21:25

Brentford would surely be very strong if they stay down - they’ve a decent squad and if they cashed in on Watkins and Benhrama that’s probably with £30m in their back pocket

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Jul 2020 21:39

Hound Brentford would surely be very strong if they stay down - they’ve a decent squad and if they cashed in on Watkins and Benhrama that’s probably with £30m in their back pocket

I'm sure they would be, they've cashed in on players before and reinvested wisely so I can't see it being any different.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Jul 2020 21:58

SouthDownsRoyal
Brain Traysers I'm actually in the small minority who quite like that. But recently into my 30s maybe I'm just getting soppy in my old age...

He's been touted as a superstar for years, and rejected moves away to all the big UK teams to stay at his hometown club that hes been with since he was 7. He's played for them all the way from u8s to first team star, captaining England at u15, u16 and u17 - he could have moved away and cashed in on a number of occasions.

The Dortmund move is perfect - he's following the path of many young players who have moved there and been given an ideal environment to develop, away from the UK press who love to over-hype and then turn on a wonderkid. With finances tight, I wonder if it was an offer Birmingham couldn't refuse. If/when he goes on to be a superstar, Birmingham will always have him as "one of their own".

He is literally the player every fan hopes their club will develop. A hometown player who sticks with them when bigger clubs come calling, up until they outgrow the nest completely. How many of our players would be in tears over a move to one of Europe's elite (with wages jumping from £145 a week to c. £50k)?

Sure, he only played one full season, but he represents so much more than that.

Fair points well made,

I still think removing the squad number in honour a little OTT

He’s 17 not 27 you soft pillock.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Jul 2020 15:50

leon
SouthDownsRoyal
Brain Traysers I'm actually in the small minority who quite like that. But recently into my 30s maybe I'm just getting soppy in my old age...

He's been touted as a superstar for years, and rejected moves away to all the big UK teams to stay at his hometown club that hes been with since he was 7. He's played for them all the way from u8s to first team star, captaining England at u15, u16 and u17 - he could have moved away and cashed in on a number of occasions.

The Dortmund move is perfect - he's following the path of many young players who have moved there and been given an ideal environment to develop, away from the UK press who love to over-hype and then turn on a wonderkid. With finances tight, I wonder if it was an offer Birmingham couldn't refuse. If/when he goes on to be a superstar, Birmingham will always have him as "one of their own".

He is literally the player every fan hopes their club will develop. A hometown player who sticks with them when bigger clubs come calling, up until they outgrow the nest completely. How many of our players would be in tears over a move to one of Europe's elite (with wages jumping from £145 a week to c. £50k)?

Sure, he only played one full season, but he represents so much more than that.

Fair points well made,

I still think removing the squad number in honour a little OTT

He’s 17 not 27 you soft pillock.

:?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Jul 2020 21:26

Jesus, Cardiff are shit.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jul 2020 23:16

leon Jesus, Cardiff are shit.

When they have the chance of a Welsh final they fall apart.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Jul 2020 07:25

Great goal from onomah though

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2020 08:54

The playoff games really do show just how far Leeds are away from the rest, they are far superior.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Jul 2020 09:18

who was the utter melt of a co-commentator last night was it Gary O'Neil? he's oxf*rd weird. going on about how managers need to know the demographic of the fans and then tailor the style of play to it. Giving an example of stoke being a working-class demographic so they prefer an up and at them kick them all over the pitch style of play, Whereas the middle class demographic of fulham prefer a more cultured passing game. Utter utter drivel.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jul 2020 09:19

Old Man Andrews The playoff games really do show just how far Leeds are away from the rest, they are far superior.

In my opinion, Brentford at their best are the best side in the league currently.

Leeds are no doubt the best side because of quality and consistency though.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Jul 2020 09:42

tidus_mi2
Old Man Andrews The playoff games really do show just how far Leeds are away from the rest, they are far superior.

In my opinion, Brentford at their best are the best side in the league currently.

Until Brentford showed they simply cannot, to date, handle any form of pressure I would have sympathy to that view point. They were playing some excellent football post-lockdown because there was simply to pressure on them - then faced with knowing that 1 win would be enough against 2 very poor teams, who they would have likely beaten comfortably 4 weeks ago they crumbled and looked poor for the most part on Sunday. Will take a serious return to form tomorrow for them to turn it around.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 28 Jul 2020 09:44

How do Fulham escape FFP? They spent over a 100 million to get relegated. They have Mitrovitch, Knockhart Hector , Mawson, Arter, Cairney and Kavalero all Premier league players and they are building a new stand.......with that squad they should have walked this league.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2020 09:48

Stranded
tidus_mi2

Until Brentford showed they simply cannot, to date, handle any form of pressure I would have sympathy to that view point. They were playing some excellent football post-lockdown because there was simply to pressure on them - then faced with knowing that 1 win would be enough against 2 very poor teams, who they would have likely beaten comfortably 4 weeks ago they crumbled and looked poor for the most part on Sunday. Will take a serious return to form tomorrow for them to turn it around.

They're the archetypal softunderbelly

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jul 2020 10:16

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
tidus_mi2 In my opinion, Brentford at their best are the best side in the league currently.

They're the archetypal softunderbelly

It'll add to their quite large list of bad moments where Cureton's equaliser only sometimes gets a mention.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2020 10:26

Jackson Corner How do Fulham escape FFP?

by getting promoted presumably

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jul 2020 10:41

Hound

They also have parachute payments so probably have the grace of a year or two before anything serious, much like Villa. They had to go up otherwise they were going to be screwed.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Jul 2020 11:33

Hendo
Hound

They also have parachute payments so probably have the grace of a year or two before anything serious, much like Villa. They had to go up otherwise they were going to be screwed.

Fingers crossed they stay down.

17257 posts