17259 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Simmops » 17 Sep 2020 19:45

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
Vision
I do wonder about Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea.

I recall he was someone who tested positive pretty early ( asymptomatic). I realise he's also had other off field issues but he really seems to have dropped off pretty dramatically this year.

My son is an avid Chelsea fan

Wow, you really can't do anything right can you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Sep 2020 20:32

Snowball I am waiting for the first pro-footballer (or his club) to admit a player
can't play due to Long Covid. 15% of people surviving Covid are developing
Long-Covid. There must be some players seriously under par.

Can anyone think of any "missing" names?

Are you seriously suggesting 15% are getting Long Covid when 3000+ are testing positive a day atm? And that's only those who have tested??

That can't be right

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Sep 2020 20:40

South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
My son is an avid Chelsea fan

Wow, you really can't do anything right can you?

Ignore?
Ignorance on your part more like.
From anybody else I would accept your posting as humour but not from you.

I've never really understand the basic idea that Newport fans must hate Cardiff or Arsenal hate Spurs
or Reading must hate Oxford etc etc.

I look for Newport's results, Arsenal's, Liverpool's

I like watching Man City. Only reason I like to see them not win
is because they bought a squad with silly money

If we play Arsenal I want us to win.
If we play Newport I want us to win

But I don't hate any club, not even Leeds, not even Man U.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Sep 2020 20:51

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowball I am waiting for the first pro-footballer (or his club) to admit a player
can't play due to Long Covid. 15% of people surviving Covid are developing
Long-Covid. There must be some players seriously under par.

Can anyone think of any "missing" names?

Are you seriously suggesting 15% are getting Long Covid when 3000+ are testing positive a day atm? And that's only those who have tested??

That can't be right

According to the papers I read, yes. It was 10% but has risen to 15%

The Health Minister in Parliament said (if I remember rightly) that 360,00 people have been sick more than a month, 150,000 longer and (I think it was) 80,000 UK citizens were still sick after 3 months.

I'm in a support forum with 20,000 others.

I wouldn't' mind betting that eventually many millions (in the UK) will have had degrees of Long-Covid

If the figure I read is right 15%, and eventually 80% get Covid, however mild, that's 8 MILLION people with long-term illness and probably taking a lot of time of work. This excludes those who die of the illness.

I've just finished reading a very interesting book (No 3) on the Spanish Flu, PALE RIDER (Laura Spinney) which speaks of survivors who had extreme hallucinations. Loads of reports of these among Long Covid sufferers, esp early morning. Most have had extreme dreams and terrible insomnia for MONTHS (me included).

Those Spanish Flu-ees who spoke honestly about the hallucinations were treated as incurable schizophrenics and banged up "for life"... except that up to five years later they had been "miraculously cured of their life-long incurable mental illness." and released.

Well worth a read. There was a similar pattern to the after-effects of Spanish Flu as we are seeing now.

It is beginning to seem that Long Covid sufferers often didn't have a severe Covid fortnight

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Sep 2020 21:02

Google it.

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/617173 ... rus-impact

The King’s College London professor said the app also suggested about 300,000 people have had symptoms for more than a month.

UP TO 60,000 Brits struck by “long-Covid” have been ill for three months with some left in wheelchairs.

Last month it was reported that over half a million Brits were suffering with long-Covid and that some doctors were dismissing symptoms.

It was also reported that 75 per cent of of patients admitted to hospital with the virus continued to suffer with ongoing issues.

On Monday, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said that some people were still experiencing symptoms six months after contracting the virus.

I'll see if I can find Hancock speaking in Parliament

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12609934/ ... ee-months/

==========================================================================

I fell short of my six million steps last year (an injury) an average of 16,500 steps a day. Elsewhere I spoke of walking ten miles early morning and playing three hours football in the afternoon (3 times a week). My standard routine was a ten mile walk alternate days and a run of 3/4/5 miles on the days in between.

In Sicily in March I was climbing up Etna and averaged 21,000 steps a day

This is my last 7 days

I feel ten-twenty years older than I did in February. This, whatever it turns out to be is an utter bastard. Tomorrow will be six months and two weeks (28 weeks) since my first symptom (March 4th). I CANNOT run, can't push even walking. The steps you see are just gentle stuff like walking to the shop.

It's very real, very nasty, very common and growing.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Sep 2020 21:08

Snowball Google it.

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/617173 ... rus-impact

The King’s College London professor said the app also suggested about 300,000 people have had symptoms for more than a month.

UP TO 60,000 Brits struck by “long-Covid” have been ill for three months with some left in wheelchairs.

Last month it was reported that over half a million Brits were suffering with long-Covid and that some doctors were dismissing symptoms.

It was also reported that 75 per cent of of patients admitted to hospital with the virus continued to suffer with ongoing issues.

On Monday, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said that some people were still experiencing symptoms six months after contracting the virus.

I'll see if I can find Hancock speaking in Parliament

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12609934/ ... ee-months/

==========================================================================

I fell short of my six million steps last year (an injury) an average of 16,500 steps a day. Elsewhere I spoke of walking ten miles early morning and playing three hours football in the afternoon (3 times a week). My standard routine was a ten mile walk alternate days and a run of 3/4/5 miles on the days in between.

In Sicily in March I was climbing up Etna and averaged 21,000 steps a day

This is my last 7 days

I feel ten-twenty years older than I did in February. This, whatever it turns out to be is an utter bastard. Tomorrow will be six months and two weeks (28 weeks) since my first symptom (March 4th). I CANNOT run, can't push even walking. The steps you see are just gentle stuff like walking to the shop.

It's very real, very nasty, very common and growing.

Do you get out of breath when you walk? What’s your sleep like at night?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Sep 2020 21:17

Sleep is DIRE. When I wake my sleep score is 20-30

I have to get up, pee, go back to bed and read/dose until midday usually, sometimes 2PM
to get a sleep score of 50+ (National average is 74 and Brits sleep poorly)

I don't get breathless if I shuffle round at about 20-21 minutes a mile
(I used to walk between 14 and 18 minutes a mile when exercising, more
typically 16-20, starting around 16s and finishing in the high 19s for the tenth mile

I was racing 5K most Saturdays a year ago, winning or second every week in my age group
and often placing in age groups 15 years younger.

I get breathless with any even minor effort (short lived) and my O2 saturation(was 100%) is about 96% average
but I can have 2-3 hour averages of 92/93, one hour of 91, one of 88, and a snapshot of 83 when I'd
overdone it. (I have a snazzy sports watch that records in background)

Last time GP tested I was 97 but a walk up and down the corridor dropped me to 92
often indicative of a PE (Pulmonary embolism).. was sent straight to hospital, and they
found my lungs "perfect" my bloods "optimum for a thirty year old", ECG 100% fine.

I did have a spike of BP to 229/109 (NOT a typo)... 150 by evening, back to my usual 125 the following day

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Sep 2020 21:18

The cognitive stuff is whacky. Vivid dreams, slurred speech (like being drunk)
Nominal aphasia (being unable to name things), awful leg and joint pains,
tight chest, inability to fully expand chest, diarrhoea, pathetic memory, visual
disturbances, monster headaches that don't respond to PKs, skin rashes, ugly
spots. "electric shocks", burning sensations, false smells of electrical burning
etc etc (I get any 1-5 of these every day, and the tiredness is ridiculous.

I really shouldn't be talking about this in this thread. Sorry

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2020 21:41

Yeah there’s a big CV thread on AE but it’s an interesting read nonetheless

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Sep 2020 21:50

Snowball, sounds awful and I’m so sorry for you.

What I don’t get, and I’m not being funny but if so many people are suffering like you, why aren’t we hearing Much/anything about it apart from the odd story? We are bombarded with X new cases each day (which means very little in isolation)

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Sep 2020 21:50

Hound Yeah there’s a big CV thread on AE but it’s an interesting read nonetheless

True dat.

Keep AE off the TB :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Sep 2020 21:55

Hound Yeah there’s a big CV thread on AE but it’s an interesting read nonetheless

Yeah cheers mate......

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Sep 2020 22:00

Old Man Andrews

Yeah cheers mate......

:?:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Sep 2020 22:11

SouthDownsRoyal Snowball, sounds awful and I’m so sorry for you.

What I don’t get, and I’m not being funny but if so many people are suffering like you, why aren’t we hearing Much/anything about it apart from the odd story? We are bombarded with X new cases each day (which means very little in isolation)

1 Politics

2 Stupidity

3 Money and time pressure.

GPs and consultants don’t have the time to delve deeply. The consultant I saw said, It’s not like “HOUSE” you know. We eliminate the common dangers. Heart Attack, Stroke, TIAs, PE, Thyroid, Pancreas, Kidney, Lung Cancer, Pneumonia....” anything extra isn’t going to happen”

It took a while for cases to accumulate until GPs finally got the message. People were being fobbed off as having anxiety etc, or “It’s just your age, dear.”

4 My GP said the surgery was now getting about one a day.

Berxwedan Zinar

by Berxwedan Zinar » 18 Sep 2020 08:25

Royals and Racers Neil Warnock tests postive for Coronavirus.

*Buys shares in jelly and ice cream companies*

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Sep 2020 09:13

Coventry are playing tonight.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Sep 2020 10:40

Yes they're playing QPR, if they win we go top :D

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Sep 2020 10:50

Perfect

Coventry win, Covid Lockdown 2 starts midnight and we go up, first team to go a season with a perfect WLD record and conceding zero goals.

Would need to be midnight before we drop points against Barnsley

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Sep 2020 11:42

Mid Sussex Royal Yes they're playing QPR, if they win we go top :D

Depends on how much by. More than 3 goals and they go top tbf.

Don’t think that’s particularly likely however.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Sep 2020 11:56

I will put this hear because Aldershot are our rivals right?

Well, in astonishing news, Aldershot announce Ross McCormack as their new signing - like WTF :shock: :shock:

17259 posts