Rival Watch

17257 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Rival Watch

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Nov 2020 23:07

URZZZZ Monks gone from Sheffield, no surprise really although the timing slightly odd, just after getting 4 points from Bournemouth and Millwall

Funny though.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Nov 2020 23:27

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Monks gone from Sheffield, no surprise really although the timing slightly odd, just after getting 4 points from Bournemouth and Millwall

Funny though.

Yeah, there’s something about Monk I don’t particularly like, always seems a bit smug and arrogant

In saying that, I don’t really like Wednesday either, think they’re better/bigger than what they are

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Nov 2020 07:01

Don't forget they were 2nd last Christmas. I think the fans had started turning long before the end of last season. He does seem to struggle when he's not piggy backing someone else's good work.

Be interesting to see where he goes next although the list of faded Northern giants in the market for a manager with a track record of making teams progressively worse is getting shorter.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 10 Nov 2020 07:08, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 07:05

They clearly have someone lined up. Might be time for Gareth Ainsworth to get a bigger job in football.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Nov 2020 07:11

I think Ainsworth would struggle at a club with big names, big egos and bigger expectations. He'd do well biding his time for a better job to come along.

I could see him doing well somewhere like Blackburn, Preston or Millwall (not suggesting any of those would be available any time soon)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Nov 2020 07:28

Yeo thought he was in his way a few games ago. Strange to sack him now

Still amazed cocu is in a job

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 07:29

From Despair To Where? I think Ainsworth would struggle at a club with big names, big egos and bigger expectations. He'd do well biding his time for a better job to come along.

I could see him doing well somewhere like Blackburn, Preston or Millwall (not suggesting any of those would be available any time soon)

He certainly wouldn't be afforded any time at Wednesday, they have this idea in their head they are still a big club who should be fighting for promotion. They are way off that for me, need a rebuild. Wonder if Nigel Adkins might get a look in? Did a great job at Hull under similar financial circumstances.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 07:30

Hound Yeo thought he was in his way a few games ago. Strange to sack him now

Don't think they can afford to sack him tbh, reckon he is on a fair wedge. They are also in the process of a takeover so potentially they are just waiting on that to go through before pulling the trigger and giving the job to Wayne.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Nov 2020 07:31

Wonder if Mark Bowen will be throwing his hat in the ring

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2020 08:11

Hound Yeo thought he was in his way a few games ago. Strange to sack him now

Sackings these days seem mostly timed around how well replacement negotiations are going rather than performance.

My money is they'll have a new guy announced by the next match and they made the decision to switch weeks ago.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 09:13

Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where? I think Ainsworth would struggle at a club with big names, big egos and bigger expectations. He'd do well biding his time for a better job to come along.

He certainly wouldn't be afforded any time at Wednesday, they have this idea in their head they are still a big club who should be fighting for promotion. They are way off that for me, need a rebuild. Wonder if Nigel Adkins might get a look in? Did a great job at Hull under similar financial circumstances.

Paul Cook rumoured.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Nov 2020 09:16

Old Man Andrews
Old Man Andrews

Paul Cook rumoured.

I thought Adkins, but dunno how their fans would take that as he's ex Sheff Utd. Cook is a safe bet.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 11:38

Phil Neville on the shortlist for the Sheffield Wednesday job apparently.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 10 Nov 2020 11:48

Old-fashioned perspective I know - but great to see the real Oxford club (City) in their natty blue and white hoops progress further in the FA Cup this year than those johnny-come-lately reprobates from up the hill in their ugly yellow shirts.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Nov 2020 13:20

Old Man Andrews Phil Neville on the shortlist for the Sheffield Wednesday job apparently.

I've had a punt on him at 25/1. Can see him being the kind of "big name" shite appointment they might make.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Nov 2020 14:46

Sol Campbell also being linked.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Nov 2020 14:47

Pepe the Horseman Sol Campbell also being linked.

Pulis too

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 17:33

Jesus.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Nov 2020 17:49

Old Man Andrews

Jesus.

That’d be a coup

Source?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 17:56

Hound
Old Man Andrews

Jesus.

That’d be a coup

Source?

Can't be him, he's already managing Wycombe.

17257 posts