Rival Watch

17149 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Rival Watch

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Dec 2020 09:07

Hound
Old Man Andrews Can see Cardiff being right up there.

I'm not convinced Harris is a good enough manager tbh

They are just an awkward team to play against, so many players the opposition hate to come up against. Kiefer Moore, Sean Morrison, Harry Wilson etc. They have a lot of big lads who cause problems, can grind out a 0-0 away from home and then smash the weaker sides at their place. Thats all you need for Championship success really.

Agree on Harris to a degree, I think they would be more or less guaranteed a playoff place with someone like Chris Hughton or Jokanovic at the helm.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Dec 2020 09:27

Cardiff finished fifth last season and have added Wilson and Moore so I expect them to be in the mix but probably not enough quality for top two. Our win at the CCS was an excellent result

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Dec 2020 10:24

Well I made an early season prediction that Kiefer Moore would turn out bang average and he's making me look silly so I'm going to double down and say he will turn shit soon. When he does Cardiff will tail off.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2020 10:40

NewCorkSeth Well I made an early season prediction that Kiefer Moore would turn out bang average and he's making me look silly so I'm going to double down and say he will turn shit soon. When he does Cardiff will tail off.

ha, why would you do that? He is clearly a decent player - actually would be a great back up to LJ

He absolutely urinated on Liam M last year for Wigan I remember

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Dec 2020 10:55

Hound
NewCorkSeth Well I made an early season prediction that Kiefer Moore would turn out bang average and he's making me look silly so I'm going to double down and say he will turn shit soon. When he does Cardiff will tail off.

ha, why would you do that? He is clearly a decent player - actually would be a great back up to LJ

Just wasn't getting the hype. Absolutely thought he was grand but didn't think he would be as good as he has been and didn't think the plaudits he was receiving were a fair reflection on his ability.

Anyway. In true TB fashion I will not admit I was wrong and hound anyone who dares go against me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Dec 2020 10:58

Racist. Noted. This anti Welsh stuff must cease Sethmondo.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Dec 2020 10:59

NewCorkSeth
Hound

Just wasn't getting the hype. Absolutely thought he was grand but didn't think he would be as good as he has been and didn't think the plaudits he was receiving were a fair reflection on his ability.

Anyway. In true TB fashion I will not admit I was wrong and hound anyone who dares go against me.

I got some really nasty DMs when I suggested we should be trying to sign him in the summer.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Dec 2020 11:11

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
Hound

I got some really nasty DMs when I suggested we should be trying to sign him in the summer.

None from me. The only nasty DMs I send you are nasty in a different sense..

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Dec 2020 11:15

Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal
Many of you on here watch films about ghosts, ghouls,spooks and extra-terrestial stuff which are generally nonsense IMHO and yet might choose to criticise Andrew for his belief which he feels led to his recoveries.

Er yeah Vic, but we don't believe they're real.

You might not Ian but........... :wink:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Dec 2020 11:22

We could have done with Swansea beating Bournemouth but it sounds as though Bournemouth dominated but couldn't score.

Both Swansea and Cardiff seem like typical higher end Championship sides lacking that bit of extra quality (Ejaria, Olise etc.) to make them real challengers.

I have a feeling that Watford will get their act together when their injured players return and I can't see a top 4 beyond the 3 relegated teams plus the one unexpected team.(most seasons there is one)..............RFC.

Brentford and one of the Welsh to make up the top 6 maybe.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Dec 2020 11:26

South Coast Royal We could have done with Swansea beating Bournemouth but it sounds as though Bournemouth dominated but couldn't score.

Both Swansea and Cardiff seem like typical higher end Championship sides lacking that bit of extra quality (Ejaria, Olise etc.) to make them real challengers.

I have a feeling that Watford will get their act together when their injured players return and I can't see a top 4 beyond the 3 relegated teams plus the one unexpected team.(most seasons there is one)..............RFC.

Reckon Ayew is top quality. Isnt he the highest paid player in the league?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2020 11:33

Swansea seem to have become a defensive team that concedes very few but doesn't create a lot either. Not what I expected tbf

Bournemouth only had 1 shot on target didn't they? Or did they add some more late on

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Dec 2020 11:34

Hound
Old Man Andrews Can see Cardiff being right up there.

I'm not convinced Harris is a good enough manager tbh

I saw 10 mins of the Stoke Cardiff game when I was going from match to match on red button, it was dreadful, felt sorry for the football

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Dec 2020 11:35

NewCorkSeth
South Coast Royal We could have done with Swansea beating Bournemouth but it sounds as though Bournemouth dominated but couldn't score.

Have never been a great fan of either of the Ayews (weren't we interested once?)
Although the Palace one is a trier I don't think either is of Prem quality.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Dec 2020 11:38

South Coast Royal
NewCorkSeth

Have never been a great fan of either of the Ayews (weren't we interested once?)

Wonder why..............

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Dec 2020 11:45

South Coast Royal
NewCorkSeth

I think they are both Prem quality.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Dec 2020 11:56

Hound Swansea seem to have become a defensive team that concedes very few but doesn't create a lot either. Not what I expected tbf

Bournemouth only had 1 shot on target didn't they? Or did they add some more late on

Bournemouth had most of the possession (unusual for a team playing against Swansea?) but chances were few and far between.
Not many sides win at Swansea so Bournemouth consider it a decent result.

From previous postings it seems as though you don't rate Bournemouth.
All I would say is that all 3 relegated clubs are right up there having sold off some of their better players from last season so I guess the usual "the division isn't very strong this season" trotted out most years is probably true this time.

In some ways I would, in a Keaganesque way, just lurv it if Bournemouth failed but on the other hand I have put feelings aside and backed them heavily to get promoted and slightly less on them actually winning it.

These past 6 or 7 years have been hell watching them rise, spend big but then at last fail whilst for the most part we have spent little and , stagnated-the suffering would make promotion for us this season all the better.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Dec 2020 11:57

NewCorkSeth
South Coast Royal
NewCorkSeth Reckon Ayew is top quality. Isnt he the highest paid player in the league?

I think they are both Prem quality.

Oh well, opinions I suppose.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2020 11:59

South Coast Royal
Hound Swansea seem to have become a defensive team that concedes very few but doesn't create a lot either. Not what I expected tbf

Bournemouth had most of the possession (unusual for a team playing against Swansea?) but chances were few and far between.

All I would say is that all 3 relegated clubs are right up there having sold off some of their better players from last season so I guess the usual "the division isn't very strong this season" trotted out most years is probably true this time.

In some ways I would, in a Keaganesque way, just lurv it if Bournemouth failed but on the other hand I have put feelings aside and backed them heavily to get promoted and slightly less on them actually winning it.

These past 6 or 7 years have been hell watching them rise, spend big but then at last fail whilst for the most part we have spent little and , stagnated-the suffering would make promotion for us this season all the better.

not too sure where you got that from Vic. I think on paper they are the best side in the division. Some players like Brooks who are a step above the champ

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Dec 2020 12:03

Hound
South Coast Royal

not too sure where you got that from Vic. I think on paper they are the best side in the division. Some players like Brooks who are a step above the champ

It was probably from your comments after our tame surrender last month but yes, on paper and possibly on the pitch as well they appear to have the best squad whereas we are not far off them in terms of a best 11.

17149 posts