Rival Watch

17260 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Hound » 09 Dec 2020 12:56

Yep i think those comments might have been more that I thought we played pretty well throughout even in that second half more than a criticism of Bournemouth though

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Dec 2020 13:23

Swansea winning at Cardiff and in complete control (albeit only 1-0), going second as it stands

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2020 16:19

Forest goal disallowed against Brentford for exactly the same thing as Brum’s second goal in the week - ie offside player blocking keepers view

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Dec 2020 16:21

Hound Forest goal disallowed against Brentford for exactly the same thing as Brum’s second goal in the week - ie offside player blocking keepers view

was just going to post the same :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2020 16:43

Forest are utter gash. 1 point and 1 goal in 7. Hughton out.

That 3rd Brentford goal today was utterly embarrassing

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Dec 2020 16:56

And Knockeart gets sent off for being a gobby, diving cheat

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2020 16:59

From Despair To Where? And Knockeart gets sent off for being a gobby, diving cheat

Yep shame that

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Dec 2020 17:04

From Despair To Where? And Knockeart gets sent off for being a gobby, diving cheat

that ought to be written on his wiki page

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Dec 2020 17:20

His career encapsulated in one incident. Takes a dive, gets sent off for dissent.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Dec 2020 13:46

So, after yesterday's wins for all the top sides, I'd say it's looking like the top 4 nailed for auto/play offs with the remaining 2 places between us, Brentford, Bristol (when injuries clear up they will be a force). The current sides just under such as Stoke, Boro , Cardiff are dangerous but I just don't see them putting the necessary run together to make a sustained challenge. All play by and large a stopping/functional game which will produce some good results but unlikely to be on a consistent enough basis to challenge.

I've seen Swansea's last 2 sky games and am seriously impressed with them, very solid at the back, good shape and 2 very dangerous strikers.....not seen much of Brentford aside from half an hour of the QPR game when they weren't great but they are stringing results together now and seem to be over losing Benrama and Watkins.

With us, whatever happens we will be thereabouts start of the year and will have Joao & hopefully Meite coming back fresh and up against tired defenders so I still feel we will be around top 6 at the business end of the season.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Dec 2020 13:53

Eh, I think the only impressive team so far is Norwich, especially that they've continued this form despite picking up a similar amount of injuries as us, great depth.

Bournemouth are ridiculously good when they're at their best but a lot can still change.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Dec 2020 16:36

Mid Sussex Royal So, after yesterday's wins for all the top sides, I'd say it's looking like the top 4 nailed for auto/play offs with the remaining 2 places between us, Brentford, Bristol (when injuries clear up they will be a force). The current sides just under such as Stoke, Boro , Cardiff are dangerous but I just don't see them putting the necessary run together to make a sustained challenge. All play by and large a stopping/functional game which will produce some good results but unlikely to be on a consistent enough basis to challenge.

I've seen Swansea's last 2 sky games and am seriously impressed with them, very solid at the back, good shape and 2 very dangerous strikers.....not seen much of Brentford aside from half an hour of the QPR game when they weren't great but they are stringing results together now and seem to be over losing Benrama and Watkins.

With us, whatever happens we will be thereabouts start of the year and will have Joao & hopefully Meite coming back fresh and up against tired defenders so I still feel we will be around top 6 at the business end of the season.

Reading just need to bring in a 2/3 players in January to give a bit more depth but more importantly to give options of something different, particularly from the bench to shake a game up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Dec 2020 17:29

Not rivals this season but can’t say I’m not slightly enjoying Sheff Utd being terrible this season after trying to pick up swift on the cheap whilst paying 20m for a bang average keeper

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Dec 2020 18:11

Sutekh
Mid Sussex Royal So, after yesterday's wins for all the top sides, I'd say it's looking like the top 4 nailed for auto/play offs with the remaining 2 places between us, Brentford, Bristol (when injuries clear up they will be a force). The current sides just under such as Stoke, Boro , Cardiff are dangerous but I just don't see them putting the necessary run together to make a sustained challenge. All play by and large a stopping/functional game which will produce some good results but unlikely to be on a consistent enough basis to challenge.

Reading just need to bring in a 2/3 players in January to give a bit more depth but more importantly to give options of something different, particularly from the bench to shake a game up.

Agree

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Dec 2020 18:34

Hound Not rivals this season but can’t say I’m not slightly enjoying Sheff Utd being terrible this season after trying to pick up swift on the cheap whilst paying 20m for a bang average keeper

They should be well adrift given their appalling start but a couple of wins and....

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Dec 2020 21:16

Zip
Hound Not rivals this season but can’t say I’m not slightly enjoying Sheff Utd being terrible this season after trying to pick up swift on the cheap whilst paying 20m for a bang average keeper

They should be well adrift given their appalling start but a couple of wins and....

Two wins might have to wait till next season at this rate

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Dec 2020 21:19

Hound Forest are utter gash. 1 point and 1 goal in 7. Hughton out.

It's absolutely wonderful to see, I am loving it

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Dec 2020 22:09

Just looked at the table, Coventry and Millwall suddenly on the same points! Cov now 8 points clear of the relegation zone.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Dec 2020 22:19

John Smith
Hound Forest are utter gash. 1 point and 1 goal in 7. Hughton out.

It's absolutely wonderful to see, I am loving it

Me too, 'John'.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Dec 2020 19:10

Have Stoke ever been involved in a game that could remotely be classed as entertaining?

17260 posts