Rival Watch

17256 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Zip » 29 Dec 2020 21:11

Stranded
Zip Barnsley currently one place below us in he table. :(

Playing very well too. We played them at a very good time.

They were incredibly hardworking.We were a bit jammy to beat them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Dec 2020 21:19

Hound Would have to give their manager plenty of credit. Too inconsistent I think to make the play offs though

If they hold out tonight that is 18/24. Pretty decent head of steam to be building up.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Dec 2020 21:37

Pretty crazy that Luton are only 6 points behind us and currently beating Bristlol

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Dec 2020 21:41

Huddersfield have done Blackburn. Bristol beaten . Good so far.

Norwich should have lost......what a miss from 2 yards? Osayi-Samual.....Miss of the season?
Fake hoops should have had all 3 points.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Dec 2020 21:56

Stoke only drawing too. Very good results tonight. We will go into the New Year in the play offs.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Dec 2020 21:56

Didn’t watch the Norwich game - think they are gone tbh

Other results all good - could have done with Rotherham getting that equaliser but can’t complain too much

Would think Bristol are just destined for mid table now - just 6 points from a very gentle run of 7 fixtures. Sounds like forest dominated Stoke but a draw is good

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Dec 2020 21:57

Forest should've won in the end, but a draw still a good result.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Dec 2020 22:02

Hound Didn’t watch the Norwich game - think they are gone tbh

Other results all good - could have done with Rotherham getting that equaliser but can’t complain too much

Would think Bristol are just destined for mid table now - just 6 points from a very gentle run of 7 fixtures. Sounds like forest dominated Stoke but a draw is good

Norwich are not gone just yet. We know how poor the fakes are. Bournemouth are imo the team to beat with the attacking quality they have. I’m just relieved we will be in play contention with players coming back from injury.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Dec 2020 22:09

On what planet are Norwich gone? End of the weekend they could be 3 points off of 4th with Bournemouth having a game in hand still. They've ridden their luck more than any team I've seen this season with last min winners and scraping results. They were fairly crap against us all things considered and relied on a dive.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 Dec 2020 22:46

This looks bloody marvellous considering all the players we have to welcome back over the coming weeks. We shall now begin our 150th anniversary year in the playoffs 8)

JR

by JR » 30 Dec 2020 00:14

URZZZZ
Hendo
Stranded
We may well do but if we miss out by a point or two then, so far, the 2nd half horror show at Bournemouth or the failure to beat 10 man Brumby including missing a pen would be just as culpable.

Agree, unless you miss out on something after winning every other game, it’s hard to justify pointing at poor performance from a referee in one game. It could also be argued that we didn’t create that many decent opportunities in that half, anyway.

Arguably, we had the rub of the green refereeing wise against:

Barnsley
Middlesbrough
Birmingham
Luton

It's said rather a lot but decisions do tend to even themselves out, even if not perfectly accurately

This evening themselves out saying is nonsense. Following the Wednesday game we had just as much chance of getting favourable as unfavourable decisions for the rest of the season.

The difference is that we now have an anchor to refer to (Langford vs SWFC) for when we do get the rub of the green, and then convince ourselves that is things evening out.

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 30 Dec 2020 03:50

we are going up Say we are going up!!!!!!!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2020 08:12

Jagermesiter1871

On what planet are Norwich gone? End of the weekend they could be 3 points off of 4th with Bournemouth having a game in hand still. They've ridden their luck more than any team I've seen this season with last min winners and scraping results. They were fairly crap against us all things considered and relied on a dive.

I can’t see us making up 8 points on them. They’re a better side and will have plenty of scope to bring in players in January as well

If we have all our top men back fit and we get to within 3-4 points again I might get interested in them again

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Dec 2020 09:16

Hound
Jagermesiter1871

I can’t see us making up 8 points on them. They’re a better side and will have plenty of scope to bring in players in January as well

If we have all our top men back fit and we get to within 3-4 points again I might get interested in them again

Next couple of games will be a big test of Norwich - having only picked up 1pt from the last 2 games, a match against an in form Barnsley followed by a trip to Cardiff (circuit break permitting) could easily see them stagnate a bit, if they get 4 or 6 points then they may pull away from the pack. Having said that though, I don't get the feeling anyone is going to pull away this year and teams will match runs of strong results with poor runs. The promoted teams will be the ones who arrest the slumps quicker than others.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Dec 2020 09:52

Stranded
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

Next couple of games will be a big test of Norwich - having only picked up 1pt from the last 2 games, a match against an in form Barnsley followed by a trip to Cardiff (circuit break permitting) could easily see them stagnate a bit, if they get 4 or 6 points then they may pull away from the pack. Having said that though, I don't get the feeling anyone is going to pull away this year and teams will match runs of strong results with poor runs. The promoted teams will be the ones who arrest the slumps quicker than others.

We could do with a draw from tonight's game between Brentford and Bournemouth.
Will be interesting to compare the teams with our game to follow on TV tonight.

Although both Bournemouth and Brentford are very much capable of good attacking football I would imagine a bit of mutual respect could make the game tight.
As for our game it's Swansea (say no more)- at least they no longer have Scott Sinclair but we will have the "pleasure" of seeing him again in just over 3 weeks time.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Dec 2020 10:18

South Coast Royal
Stranded
Hound

Although both Bournemouth and Brentford are very much capable of good attacking football I would imagine a bit of mutual respect could make the game tight.
As for our game it's Swansea (say no more)- at least they no longer have Scott Sinclair but we will have the "pleasure" of seeing him again in just over 3 weeks time.

Yes would take a draw tonight there though if there is a winner and we somehow break our Swansea curse we will start the new year 4th and only 2 pts off the autos, which would frankly be ridiculous with our injury list.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2020 10:46

A win for us tonight would be absolutely massive, esp in light of yesterday’s results

Can’t see it sadly

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Dec 2020 10:48

Hound
Jagermesiter1871

I could definitely see us making up the 8 points with a fully fit team but we'll see how that goes but they will definitely drop points. Personally think Bournemouth and one of the other sides will get the Autos.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Dec 2020 10:54

South Coast Royal
Stranded
Hound

They do still have Wayne Routledge though, who has 100 career goals against us.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 30 Dec 2020 11:14

Stranded
South Coast Royal
Stranded

Yes would take a draw tonight there though if there is a winner and we somehow break our Swansea curse we will start the new year 4th and only 2 pts off the autos, which would frankly be ridiculous with our injury list.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. If we draw tonight we will stay 6th. However should we win. it depends on the Brentford V Bournemouth result. If they draw and we win, we will be in 5th place with 39 points the same as the Bees and the Cherries who will both leapfrog the Swans, also on 39 points, that will be on the same points as 2nd. place. If either Brentford or Bournemouth win and we also win, that would work out as you say.

17256 posts