Rival Watch

17256 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2021 21:48

Nameless
Pepe the Horseman Straight red for Brentford's Da Silva. Assume that rules him out of the game against us?

Three matches , made a mess of the guy’s leg. He’ll be sore in the morning. No sure I’ve seen a player so angry about a tackle, hope they didn’t cross paths in the dressing ro9ms.

Yeh, just seen it. Shocker!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jan 2021 22:02

Jack Celliers Poor Brentford won't have Josh da Silva for a few weeks. That is a horrendous tackle tonight v Spurs. The worst I have seen since Mings stamped on Olivera's face.

That's one of those that the disciplinary panel should be looking at to get an additional ban - 3 games not really enough. Lucky it was ONLY bleeding :shock:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jan 2021 22:20

Pepe the Horseman
Nameless
Pepe the Horseman Straight red for Brentford's Da Silva. Assume that rules him out of the game against us?

Three matches , made a mess of the guy’s leg. He’ll be sore in the morning. No sure I’ve seen a player so angry about a tackle, hope they didn’t cross paths in the dressing ro9ms.

Yep, shocker of a tackle. Brentford’s Twitter post after it... https://twitter.com/brentfordfc/status/1346569470723166216?s=21

:roll: :roll:

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 05 Jan 2021 22:39

Really?

He was off balance from the foul on him by Son and clearly slipped. The still looks shocking but is no way the full picture..

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2021 23:14

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Nameless

Yep, shocker of a tackle. Brentford’s Twitter post after it... https://twitter.com/brentfordfc/status/1346569470723166216?s=21

Christ.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 05 Jan 2021 23:42

I've just seen it, it wasn't a tackle, he slipped?

Very odd

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2021 07:45

Looked horrible

Always difficult to say how much intent but no choice other than a sending off there

And he’s a decent player - they’ll miss him

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Jan 2021 08:35

Yeah I think he does slip, and there is probably no intent there, but that still doesn't make it ok. He could've broken PEH leg. Seen nailed on red cards for much, much less.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Jan 2021 11:27

Hound Looked horrible

Always difficult to say how much intent but no choice other than a sending off there

3 match ban for straight red? Does that mean he doesn't play against us?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jan 2021 11:28

WestYorksRoyal
Hound Looked horrible

How many games do Brentford have before we play them ?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 06 Jan 2021 11:40

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Nameless

Though my favourite response is the misspelling of hypocrites as Hippocrates - the Greek physician

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2021 11:46

Nameless
WestYorksRoyal
Hound Looked horrible

definitely not 3 before us. The cup game then our game I think

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jan 2021 14:08

Nameless
WestYorksRoyal
Hound Looked horrible

FA cup and then the league cup second leg (presuming that is next week) so would miss the Reading game if a 3 game ban

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Jan 2021 14:22

Brentford's fixtures according to the BBC website show one match before the Reading game (no League Cup second leg):

Saturday 9th January
The FA Cup Third Round
Brentford 18:00 Middlesbrough

Saturday 16th January
Championship
Reading 15:00 Brentford

So with a three match ban Josh DaSilva will miss our match

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2021 14:25

Sutekh
Nameless
WestYorksRoyal 3 match ban for straight red? Does that mean he doesn't play against us?

FA cup and then the league cup second leg (presuming that is next week) so would miss the Reading game if a 3 game ban

SF is one leg

Brentford seem a bit light in midfield in terms of replacements for him at the moment which is positive news for us but then again they were without their first choice RB, and first and second choice CB against us last time and they eased past us

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Jan 2021 14:41

Away from Brentford there is Press speculation that Bournemouth are linked with Ben Davies, centre-back at Preston and the striker Tyler Roberts of Leeds.

The centre-back speculation is interesting as they already have 4 centre-backs plus Cameron Carter-Vickers , USA international from Spurs on loan but he has been injured and has yet to play.

As ever, David Brooks and Josh King are talked about as being in demand but King has hardly played this season and Brooks has an injury record that would almost qualify him to be a Reading player so clubs might well leave any approach until the Summer.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2021 14:50

South Coast Royal Away from Brentford there is Press speculation that Bournemouth are linked with Ben Davies, centre-back at Preston and the striker Tyler Roberts of Leeds.

The centre-back speculation is interesting as they already have 4 centre-backs plus Cameron Carter-Vickers , USA international from Spurs on loan but he has been injured and has yet to play.

As ever, David Brooks and Josh King are talked about as being in demand but King has hardly played this season and Brooks has an injury record that would almost qualify him to be a Reading player so clubs might well leave any approach until the Summer.

Might be the wrong impression I'm getting but on the (limited) occasions I've seen King this season, he doesn't look like he wants to be there so I think it'd be the right choice to move him on (even if he is overall a decent player). Solanke's also been excellent for them this season after a difficult start to life there

Tyler Roberts is a strange one though, strikes me as one of those who doesn't really have a proper role (is he a striker or an attacking midfielder - shades of our conundrum with Loader)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jan 2021 16:08

Sutekh
Nameless
WestYorksRoyal 3 match ban for straight red? Does that mean he doesn't play against us?

Not sure how it would be anything other than thenstandard 3 match ban. I don’t think there is a process for reducing it (other than by getting it cancelled (which I can’t see a case for) although it potentially can be increased (can’t see why it would be)

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Jan 2021 16:17

Nameless
Sutekh
Nameless

Not sure how it would be anything other than thenstandard 3 match ban. I don’t think there is a process for reducing it (other than by getting it cancelled (which I can’t see a case for) although it potentially can be increased (can’t see why it would be)

I wonder if Shandon Baptiste is fit again-if so both he and Fosu might get some minutes against their former club.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Jan 2021 16:53

Hendo Yeah I think he does slip, and there is probably no intent there, but that still doesn't make it ok. He could've broken PEH leg. Seen nailed on red cards for much, much less.

He slips but the little flick up of his leg after he slips does him no favours. That looked completely avoidable.

17256 posts