Rival Watch

17259 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Snowball » 06 Jan 2021 16:54

South Coast Royal A

As ever, David Brooks and Josh King are talked about as being in demand but King has hardly played this season and Brooks has an injury record that would almost qualify him to be a Reading player so clubs might well leave any approach until the Summer

Brutal!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Jan 2021 22:25

Matondo to Stoke from Schalke on loan......not a bad bit of business by them.
Looked decent for Wales but didn't have much of an end product but you could clearly see that as a teenager that with the right coaching he has a decent future. Would have been a decent backup option to have.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2021 22:31

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal Away from Brentford there is Press speculation that Bournemouth are linked with Ben Davies, centre-back at Preston and the striker Tyler Roberts of Leeds.

The centre-back speculation is interesting as they already have 4 centre-backs plus Cameron Carter-Vickers , USA international from Spurs on loan but he has been injured and has yet to play.

As ever, David Brooks and Josh King are talked about as being in demand but King has hardly played this season and Brooks has an injury record that would almost qualify him to be a Reading player so clubs might well leave any approach until the Summer.

Might be the wrong impression I'm getting but on the (limited) occasions I've seen King this season, he doesn't look like he wants to be there so I think it'd be the right choice to move him on (even if he is overall a decent player). Solanke's also been excellent for them this season after a difficult start to life there

Tyler Roberts is a strange one though, strikes me as one of those who doesn't really have a proper role (is he a striker or an attacking midfielder - shades of our conundrum with Loader)

When I’ve seen Tyler Roberts play for Wales he’s been underwhelming. Not PL quality. Similarly Matondo has joined Stoke and is another player who just hasn’t impressed for Wales. Plenty of pace but nothing else.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 Jan 2021 15:14

Will be interesting to see how Brentford line up against Boro tonight...

Next weekends game at the Mad Stad has all the ingredients to be a classic

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Jan 2021 16:23

Ascotexgunner Matondo to Stoke from Schalke on loan......not a bad bit of business by them.
Looked decent for Wales but didn't have much of an end product but you could clearly see that as a teenager that with the right coaching he has a decent future. Would have been a decent backup option to have.

Was he getting many games at Schalke because they are utterly shocking at the moment.

Having said that, they beat Hoffenheim 4-0 today which is their first win in about 32 games. Tasmania Berlin will be delighted.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jan 2021 16:44

Be interesting to see what team
Brentford put out tonight. Hopefully will have a decent amount of first teamers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2021 17:28

Not upset to see a fairly strong Stoke side take a beating. On a poor run there

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 Jan 2021 18:04

CountryRoyal Be interesting to see what team
Brentford put out tonight. Hopefully will have a decent amount of first teamers.

Similar to how we set up today - 2 or 3 first teamers in the squad

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Jan 2021 18:12

royalp-we
CountryRoyal Be interesting to see what team

Similar to how we set up today - 2 or 3 first teamers in the squad

And they've only named 5 subs for some reason. Pinnock the only player who started their last league game.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Jan 2021 18:28

From Despair To Where?
Ascotexgunner Matondo to Stoke from Schalke on loan......not a bad bit of business by them.

Was he getting many games at Schalke because they are utterly shocking at the moment.

Having said that, they beat Hoffenheim 4-0 today which is their first win in about 32 games. Tasmania Berlin will be delighted.

No, only three games this season. But in fairness they are playing at a higher level.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 Jan 2021 19:29

Fake hoops about to unveil Charlie Austin, good signing for them

Not the style of striker I see us signing anytime soon mind

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Jan 2021 20:11

royalp-we Fake hoops about to unveil Charlie Austin, good signing for them

My Tardis is playing up - is this 2013 ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2021 21:46

Heard they were after Glenn Murray as well. Dunno if that is still the case with them signing Austin

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Jan 2021 11:41

Franchise FC
royalp-we Fake hoops about to unveil Charlie Austin, good signing for them

My Tardis is playing up - is this 2013 ?

:) Thought the same

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Jan 2021 12:58

Brentford playing re-arranged game V Bristol on Wed, small recovery time before our game

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Jan 2021 17:52

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2021 19:34

Neil Harris on the verge of being sacked, as the aim for Cardiff this season was promotion. Apparently they've began talking to other managers but haven't found anyone as of yet - but I'd be surprised if Harris is there much longer, barring a miraculous run

Aside from that and a much more serious manner, Bamba has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and has started chemotherapy treatment

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2021 13:17

Mid Sussex Royal Brentford playing re-arranged game V Bristol on Wed, small recovery time before our game

No they’re not.

Just Bournemouth beating Millwall left tonight from those teams around Reading.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Jan 2021 14:29

Welp, it will be interesting to see how results go, we can drop to 6th but no lower, I guess that makes Coventry the first team we play twice this season instead of Brentford, hopefully we can pay them back for them inflicting our first defeat of the season.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 12 Jan 2021 15:22

URZZZZ Neil Harris on the verge of being sacked, as the aim for Cardiff this season was promotion. Apparently they've began talking to other managers but haven't found anyone as of yet - but I'd be surprised if Harris is there much longer, barring a miraculous run

Aside from that and a much more serious manner, Bamba has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and has started chemotherapy treatment

Sad to hear about Bamba I always highly rated him and a player I wish Reading had signed on numerous occasions. Get well soon Bamba

17259 posts