17149 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Zip » 02 Feb 2021 16:37

URZZZZ
Zip
Sutekh
Brentford are at Middlesbrough on Saturday which will be difficult game for them, hope they drop points there.

Boro’s home form is very poor at the moment. We need to see Brentford start dropping points.

Boro are another team who play better against the top teams

Drew away at Brentford and Norwich
First team to stop us
First team to beat Bristol
Beat Swansea
Drew with Bournemouth
Very unlucky defeat at home to Norwich

Warnock knows how to set his team up against the better teams

Good post. Fair comment.

Taffster

by Taffster » 02 Feb 2021 16:37

South Coast Royal
windermereROYAL Don`t get this Bournemouth signing a clearly past it 34 year old Shane Long and letting Josh King leave for the life of me.

Firstly King wanted to go and was disappointed in not getting his move last Summer.
His form has not been good so won't be a big miss.

I don't think Shane will be a starter and that they will probably play a front 3 of Solanke central with Brooks and Danjuma on either side.
We know that Shane will chase every lost cause so, unless there are injuries, I think he will be used as an impact sub.

Most importantly we have played Bournemouth twice so Long can't come back to score against as all formers players seem to.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 02 Feb 2021 16:45

I think Brentford will win the league at a canter in the end, signing Reid yesterday was a great signing and I think after last season (how they somehow blew it) they are more prepared than ever to go up.

For me, Norwich are the ones there for the taking if a top two spot was up for grabs (still can't believe it is February and we are actually still dreaming of a top 2 finish), they haven't been walloping anyone and haven't looked like doing so either.

However, I am still very wary of those teams outside the play offs, and as much as I want those above us to drop points - the Reading realist fan inside me would rather see those teams outside the top 6 drop points so we can cement a play-off spot. Then it is up to us to keep getting points and see where we end up.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Feb 2021 16:46

Taffster
South Coast Royal
windermereROYAL Don`t get this Bournemouth signing a clearly past it 34 year old Shane Long and letting Josh King leave for the life of me.

Firstly King wanted to go and was disappointed in not getting his move last Summer.

I don't think Shane will be a starter and that they will probably play a front 3 of Solanke central with Brooks and Danjuma on either side.
We know that Shane will chase every lost cause so, unless there are injuries, I think he will be used as an impact sub.

Most importantly we have played Bournemouth twice so Long can't come back to score against as all formers players seem to.

Apart from in the play-offs.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Feb 2021 16:48

hughsies no.1 I think Brentford will win the league at a canter in the end, signing Reid yesterday was a great signing and I think after last season (how they somehow blew it) they are more prepared than ever to go up.

For me, Norwich are the ones there for the taking if a top two spot was up for grabs (still can't believe it is February and we are actually still dreaming of a top 2 finish), they haven't been walloping anyone and haven't looked like doing so either.

However, I am still very wary of those teams outside the play offs, and as much as I want those above us to drop points - the Reading realist fan inside me would rather see those teams outside the top 6 drop points so we can cement a play-off spot. Then it is up to us to keep getting points and see where we end up.

Tend to agree with you about Brentford and Norwich. Not so sure about the second part of your post. The play offs cause us so much misery and there is only a 25% chance of winning them that I almost feel it’s all about finishing top two.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Feb 2021 16:57

South Coast Royal
Taffster
South Coast Royal

Apart from in the play-offs.

Eurgh.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 02 Feb 2021 17:49

Zip
hughsies no.1 I think Brentford will win the league at a canter in the end, signing Reid yesterday was a great signing and I think after last season (how they somehow blew it) they are more prepared than ever to go up.

Tend to agree with you about Brentford and Norwich. Not so sure about the second part of your post. The play offs cause us so much misery and there is only a 25% chance of winning them that I almost feel it’s all about finishing top two.

Are you suggesting that "its top 2 or nothing"?

:wink:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Feb 2021 17:59

If Bournemouth carry on playing the way they did on Friday night, they'll be lucky to make the play-offs!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Feb 2021 18:05

Mr Angry
Zip

Are you suggesting that "its top 2 or nothing"?

:wink:

Almost!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Feb 2021 18:31

Looking at the stats, Millwall are doing quite well right now.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Feb 2021 18:47

Got 0-1 (pen) written all over it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Feb 2021 19:18

Zip

25% chance?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Feb 2021 19:22

Snowflake Royal
Zip

25% chance?

4 teams in the play offs all at similar levels

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Feb 2021 19:24

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

25% chance?

4 teams in the play offs all at similar levels

Ahh, I see - not sure I agree we're all at similar levels, though the table is certainly quite close right now! Well for three of us. But fair enough.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 02 Feb 2021 19:30

Millwall starting to dominate, so nailed on 90+3 winner for Norwich.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Feb 2021 19:42

Sheffield Wednesday also dominant over Bournemouth right now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2021 19:44

Comical goal for sheff weds

Pub team play from Bournemouth

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Feb 2021 19:45

tidus_mi2 Sheffield Wednesday also dominant over Bournemouth right now.

Sheffield Wednesday lead! :D

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Feb 2021 19:47

Hound Comical goal for sheff weds

Pub team play from Bournemouth

God I've just seen it, the defending and whatever the hell the goalkeeper was doing.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 02 Feb 2021 19:48

Millwall really should have won this game. Hahahah Bournemouth, Sheff Weds with 4 shots on target, none from Bournemouth. Looks like a proper meltdown is starting.

17149 posts