Re: Rival Watch

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Feb 2021 22:24

Draw and Stoke/Barnsley draw.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Feb 2021 07:12

Ascotexgunner Bournmouth v Cardiff.......best result for us?
Draw or Bournmouth brining Cardiff down to Earth.
Cardiff to me now look out biggest threat......apart from us threatening ourselves of course.

I'm all for a Cardiff win now. The added pressure of someone right down our neck might actually kick the team back into gear.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Feb 2021 08:06

Stranded
Cardiff to me now look out biggest threat......apart from us threatening ourselves of course.

I'm all for a Cardiff win now. The added pressure of someone right down our neck might actually kick the team back into gear.

Bournemouth win for me because if Cardiff win this they will overtake us very soon. We need as much as a gap as possible right now. Sad to say but I think
Pauno is being found out. Last night was as bad as I can recall from a Reading manager in nearly 50 years supporting the club.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Feb 2021 09:04

Zip
Stranded

Bournemouth win for me because if Cardiff win this they will overtake us very soon. We need as much as a gap as possible right now. Sad to say but I think
Pauno is being found out. Last night was as bad as I can recall from a Reading manager in nearly 50 years supporting the club.

If we don't sort ourselves out soon, then they'll soon overtake us regrdless of the result tonight.

Pretty depressing to be in a run of games where we next play 22nd, 13th and 23rd and not feeling massively confident of winning any of them - maybe the "fear" of dropping out of the top 6 will put the fire up them hence why I sightly favour a Cardiff win - though not too fussed what the result is as we need to sort ourselves out first.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Feb 2021 09:54

Stranded

IIRC we’ve dropped out of the playoffs for only one match day so far this season (between Brentford and Luton)

After that, we went on a solid run, with a record of 4-2-0, so perhaps you’re right that the closer the chasing pack get, the quicker we’ll kick back into form

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Feb 2021 09:57

URZZZZ
Stranded

IIRC we’ve dropped out of the playoffs for only one match day so far this season (between Brentford and Luton)

After that, we went on a solid run, with a record of 4-2-0, so perhaps you’re right that the closer the chasing pack get, the quicker we’ll kick back into form

Absolutelty, with the games we have coming up a run of 4-2-0 again is feasible and this team have shown they can do it - just need to do it, which is the hard bit.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Feb 2021 10:23

URZZZZ
Stranded

Weren’t those the 6 games Swift was back for? He was pretty much the last piece which made us look a genuinely good team.

We won’t have that luxury this time.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Feb 2021 10:27

CountryRoyal
URZZZZ
Stranded

Weren’t those the 6 games Swift was back for? He was pretty much the last piece which made us look a genuinely good team.

Big big miss. He really looked good on his return from the word go...Swansea I think when he came in in the second half and made a difference. A big loss for us.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Feb 2021 10:43

CountryRoyal
URZZZZ
Stranded

He’s a good player but we’ve had plenty of good performances with and without him. Certainly isn’t healthy to rely on someone who can’t stay off the injury table for less than a few weeks

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Feb 2021 10:47

Stranded
URZZZZ
Stranded

Absolutelty, with the games we have coming up a run of 4-2-0 again is feasible and this team have shown they can do it - just need to do it, which is the hard bit.

Quite

I recall the occasion in Feb/March 2017 not too dissimilar to the run we’re on, with comments of “We’re not making the top 6” after losing 3-0 to Preston and we turned it around big time

Last night was a damaging blow, but a result on Saturday and the whole complexion changes again

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Feb 2021 10:53

URZZZZ
CountryRoyal
URZZZZ

He’s a good player but we’ve had plenty of good performances with and without him. Certainly isn’t healthy to rely on someone who can’t stay off the injury table for less than a few weeks

said on the other thread, we seemed to have missed Swift more since he came back for a few games. Almost like we've forgotten how to play without him

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Feb 2021 11:42

The only truly crucial thing about Swift being back is it means Pauno will definitely stop oxf*rd about with Rino as a forward.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 Feb 2021 18:30

I'd rather see Bournemouth win tonight, just think whatever happens they will end up above us due to the extra size squad they have and overall more quality.

If Cardiff win they will be on a right roll and I'd then fancy them to win at Boro on Sat, lose and its a different ball game....one day less to prepare and must be their longest trip of the season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Feb 2021 19:10

Barnsley lead

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Feb 2021 19:19

Only just realised that if Barnsley win they'll be 3 behind us with a game in hand :shock:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Feb 2021 19:20

windermereROYAL Barnsley lead

They have a very good run in too. Win tonight and they are serious contenders.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Feb 2021 19:20

Pepe the Horseman Only just realised that if Barnsley win they'll be 3 behind us with a game in hand :shock:

They have loads of winnable games coming up too.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Feb 2021 19:30

Sad to say but I see our rivals as Bournemouth, Cardiff, Barnsley, Stoke and Boro.
Not overly concerned with Norwich, Watford, Swansea and Brentford.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Feb 2021 19:51

Zip
Pepe the Horseman Only just realised that if Barnsley win they'll be 3 behind us with a game in hand :shock:

They have loads of winnable games coming up too.

Decent run in but a few tricky ones in there.

Sat 27 Feb
H
Millwall
Championship
3pm

Wed 3 Mar
A
Queens Park Rangers
Championship
7pm

Sat 6 Mar
H