Rival Watch

17149 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by URZZZZ » 01 Mar 2021 13:12

Darren Moore is the new Wednesday manager (just before our game against them - cue a new manager bounce)

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Mar 2021 14:31

URZZZZ Darren Moore is the new Wednesday manager (just before our game against them - cue a new manager bounce)

Good appointment I reckon, a change from the has been brigade they usually go for

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Mar 2021 14:37

URZZZZ Darren Moore is the new Wednesday manager (just before our game against them - cue a new manager bounce)

Will be much more focus on their game v Rotherham midweek. Lose that and it starts to look very tough for them.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Mar 2021 19:17

Early goal for Coventry V Boro in 7pm KO...Cardiff also on now V Derby, come on the Rams

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Mar 2021 19:26

Cardiff winning.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Mar 2021 19:27

Gareth Ainsworth on the midweek soccer Saturday, surely that’s odd for a current manager to be doing something like that? I can only imagine the Twitter meltdown if we were bottom of the league and our manager did that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Mar 2021 22:02

Hendo I can only imagine the Twitter meltdown if we were bottom of the league and our manager did that.[

They’re just happy to be here tbh.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2021 08:27

Don't think it's even close to a first for a current manager to be a pundit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Mar 2021 09:46

Some tough games for the top 8 teams playing today

Obviously Norwich against Brentford

Barnsley at a QPR side who have picked up plenty of points since the turn of the year, recently beating both Brentford and Bournemouth at Loftus Road

Swansea at a Stoke side who are difficult to beat on their own patch - I guess given the playing styles of both teams, this has the potential to be a pretty ugly game

Bournemouth at a rejuvenated Bristol who may be having their own manager bounce, having just beaten Swansea and Boro away

You’d obviously expect Watford to beat Wycombe at home but suddenly the shift may change again to having another sniff at automatics after tonight. There’s the potential for anything to happen really in this league so all we can do is focus on picking up our own results and seeing where we end up

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Mar 2021 09:51

Cardiff had 27% possession last night, 14 shots 11 on target, I think it`s fair to say they press very high and well.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Mar 2021 09:51

URZZZZ Some tough games for the top 8 teams playing today

Barnsley at a QPR side who have picked up plenty of points since the turn of the year, recently beating both Brentford and Bournemouth at Loftus Road

Swansea at a Stoke side who are difficult to beat on their own patch - I guess given the playing styles of both teams, this has the potential to be a pretty ugly game

Bournemouth at a rejuvenated Bristol who may be having their own manager bounce, having just beaten Swansea and Boro away

You’d obviously expect Watford to beat Wycombe at home but suddenly the shift may change again to having another sniff at automatics after tonight. There’s the potential for anything to happen really in this league so all we can do is focus on picking up our own results and seeing where we end up

B'mouth fans must be getting twitchy now. Can't see them getting anything more than a point tonight.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Mar 2021 10:16

windermereROYAL Cardiff had 27% possession last night, 14 shots 11 on target, I think it`s fair to say they press very high and well.

Impressive use of possession - doesn't feel sustainable though if that continues.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Mar 2021 10:17

Pepe the Horseman

B'mouth fans must be getting twitchy now. Can't see them getting anything more than a point tonight.

In an ideal world, B'mouth lose tonight and Barnsley get no more than a point. If Swansea lose too, then Boro will really fancy their chances there at the weekend.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Mar 2021 10:28

Very true. I think if you look back over the past few midweeks there have been plenty of upsets (us at Wycombe as a prime example).

I can't believe how little focus has been put on Swans - they have 3 games in hand on us and could quite feasibly make automatics.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Mar 2021 13:53

Stranded
windermereROYAL Cardiff had 27% possession last night, 14 shots 11 on target, I think it`s fair to say they press very high and well.

Impressive use of possession - doesn't feel sustainable though if that continues.

Derby rested a load of players too

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Mar 2021 14:15

Sheff Wed v a Rotherham is the live Sky game tonight for anyone who wants to have a look at the first Darren Moore incarnation of the Owls. Just for the record I hear he’s also a fan of 4-2-3-1.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Mar 2021 18:00

Norwich 1-0 Brentford...fantastic goal by Buendia

They're up if they win tonight

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 03 Mar 2021 18:01

We won't catch Norwich, but Brentford are possibly still in our sights. So the current score of 1-0 to Norwich can't be a bad thing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Mar 2021 18:02

Mid Sussex Royal Norwich 1-0 Brentford...fantastic goal by Buendia

If Brentford lose, are we back in the race for 2nd? Can't keep up anymore.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Mar 2021 18:10

Stranded
Mid Sussex Royal Norwich 1-0 Brentford...fantastic goal by Buendia

If Brentford lose, are we back in the race for 2nd? Can't keep up anymore.

Yep - just about, 6 points behind same games if Brentford lose, Watford should beat Wycombe at home though which would put them level second...don't think Swansea will win at Stoke though...can see that being a 0-0.

17149 posts