Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Mar 2021 12:27

Wednesday 1-0 Norwich, unexpected.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Mar 2021 12:27

Norwich should arguably be down to 10 men, I feel Rhodes would have got his shot away , Wednesday scored from the resulting FK, 1-0.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Mar 2021 12:42

Wednesday not looking half bad. Fully expect Norwich to win 2:1 with a couple of dodge pens.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Mar 2021 13:07

HT 1-0, Wednesday deservedly in front on chances created. On 106 watch for this game more than anything else.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Mar 2021 13:39

1-1

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 14 Mar 2021 13:57

1-2

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Mar 2021 16:30

Birmingham have parted company with Karanka, not sure who's in temp charge against us.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Mar 2021 18:23

That’s why Norwich will go up as deserved champions. Pretty uninspiring, never really blew teams away but have quality players and a real winning mentality. Lost count how many points they’ve gained from losing positions.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Mar 2021 19:50

CountryRoyal That’s why Norwich will go up as deserved champions. Pretty uninspiring, never really blew teams away but have quality players and a real winning mentality. Lost count how many points they’ve gained from losing positions.

Yeh can't disagree with this. Doubt they'll be good enough for the Prem again and can't see them spending so sure they'll be down next year. Still find it hard to believe they were able to hold onto Cantwell.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Mar 2021 20:03

If we don’t go up this season I do wonder in years to come if we look back on this season as the one that got away. I didn’t feel that way in Stam’s first season because we really were not that good. I feel differently this time and am frustrated that the likes of Swansea and Watford could go up instead of us.

Just three games, Wycombe, Brum and Sheffield Wed where we ended up playing against ten men and only picked up one point. All three poor sides. All three may well go down.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Mar 2021 20:27

Zip If we don’t go up this season I do wonder in years to come if we look back on this season as the one that got away. I didn’t feel that way in Stam’s first season because we really were not that good. I feel differently this time and am frustrated that the likes of Swansea and Watford could go up instead of us.

Just three games, Wycombe, Brum and Sheffield Wed where we ended up playing against ten men and only picked up one point. All three poor sides. All three may well go down.

tbf the wednesday game was down to one man and that was our friend Mr Langford, we were camped in and around their area for the entire 2nd half, the other two were Joao pen misses. but should have put them away.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2021 20:33

Zip If we don’t go up this season I do wonder in years to come if we look back on this season as the one that got away. I didn’t feel that way in Stam’s first season because we really were not that good. I feel differently this time and am frustrated that the likes of Swansea and Watford could go up instead of us.

Agree on the possibility of looking back on this year and thinking what might have been - guess all teams will have similar games though - think Brentford lost to Brum away (one of only 3 so far), Swansea lost to a terrible Bristol city side who hadn’t won for months etc

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Mar 2021 20:40

Not to mention failure to add to the squad in January. Wholeheartedly agree that this seems the best shot we will have, I do find it hard to believe that we will be able to build and consistently improve the team. I hope I’m proved wrong though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Mar 2021 20:53

CountryRoyal

Not to mention failure to add to the squad in January. Wholeheartedly agree that this seems the best shot we will have, I do find it hard to believe that we will be able to build and consistently improve the team. I hope I’m proved wrong though.

This is what I’m alluding to. Will we look back in ten years time and look at this squad and realise it was good as it was going to be? It’s also a reflection on the teams above us who seem so ordinary.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Mar 2021 21:23

Zip
CountryRoyal

This is what I’m alluding to. Will we look back in ten years time and look at this squad and realise it was good as it was going to be? It’s also a reflection on the teams above us who seem so ordinary.

Then again on the flip side what was the overriding feeling after the playoff final with Swansea? Seems so long ago but certainly with the loss of Long we thought well that’s it perhaps. That being said we weren’t really up to much for a lot of the 11/12 season and then went on that outrageously stupid run right?

This time we’ve been in the top 6 all season bar like one week.

The one thing is what has made this season so special? Partly the the meteoric rise of Olise and Richards - regardless of if they stay or go this is only a good thing for us, it will enable us to attract more of the best youngsters who will see us as a path to the first team and bigger things.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Mar 2021 21:44

CountryRoyal
Zip
CountryRoyal

Then again on the flip side what was the overriding feeling after the playoff final with Swansea? Seems so long ago but certainly with the loss of Long we thought well that’s it perhaps. That being said we weren’t really up to much for a lot of the 11/12 season and then went on that outrageously stupid run right?

This time we’ve been in the top 6 all season bar like one week.

The one thing is what has made this season so special? Partly the the meteoric rise of Olise and Richards - regardless of if they stay or go this is only a good thing for us, it will enable us to attract more of the best youngsters who will see us as a path to the first team and bigger things.

I think this season will be remembered for Olise and Richards but also our other Academy boys. Five of them have been heavily involved in the starting line up this season. I can’t recall that happening before. The football has also been stylish. Not quite 1994/5 but similar. If it attracts up and coming youngsters to the club then it’s a big positive.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Mar 2021 23:16

Yeah exactly and it’s not like in past years where it seemed the academy lads were there to make up the numbers. They’re there on merit and they have been some of our best performers. A couple of dodgy moments and performances here and there but by and large they’ve been outstanding.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Mar 2021 00:01

Hound

Agree on the possibility of looking back on this year and thinking what might have been - guess all teams will have similar games though - think Brentford lost to Brum away (one of only 3 so far), Swansea lost to a terrible Bristol city side who hadn’t won for months etc

Being pedantic but Bristol had won just 4 days before their win at Swansea

Get the point though, every team can look back and say “If only”. Ultimately the two periods in early November and early February have been our downfall

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Mar 2021 07:01

Nothing will come close to the ‘missed opportunity’ feeling after we lost to Bolton.
I’m not sure it’s going to apply much this year (for me). We are punching above our weight, we really have no right to be up there with the relegated sides who have spent loads of money or Brentford who have spent several seasons evolving their side.
Of course it is great that things have fallen into place for us and there is undoubtably a risk that we’ll have to cash in on half the squad and just not bethe samenext year. We have no idea what Pauno can dointerms of recruitment, he’s done wonders working with what he was given butcan hego and find half a dozen new players and integrate them into the squad ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Mar 2021 09:17

I think we'll still be in a good place next year though. Likely to lose Richards (confirmed), Olise - and then shed a few squad players who we won't miss massively if at all- Walker, Aluko, Baldock, East, Watson, Smith

Hopefully Joao won't get itchy feet, and we sort our shit out with Tom Mc but we should still have a very strong first 15 or so

Rafael, Yiadom, Morrison (hopefully), Moore, McIntyre, Holmes, Rino, Laurent, Swift, Ejaria, Meite, Tetek (hopefully), Puscas, Joao is still a very good basis to work from and should be top 10 minimum. And hopefully a bit of cash to invest wisely to add to it

17235 posts