Rival Watch

17149 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Simmops » 29 Jul 2021 10:36

Zip Ian you are such an argumentative sod. Hendo is one of the most mild mannered posters on here and never argues with anybody.....apart from you now it seems.
You’d argue with your shadow given half a chance.

The thing that's gets me is even when he's verifiably incorrect he still argues ,then starts being abusive when in a corner instead of actually saying "I'm wrong sorry "

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Jul 2021 15:44

leon Lads. Can we just agree that he’s a fat potato headed cnut who manages a shit team of dreary East Midlands cloggers and be done with it?

Ian manages who?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jul 2021 17:37

Zip Ian you are such an argumentative sod. Hendo is one of the most mild mannered posters on here and never argues with anybody.....apart from you now it seems.

Get stuffed Zip, I posted an opinion, the point of the forum, and then gave some justification perfectly reasonably when stranded asked.

I haven't been the one giving anyone shit on this.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Jul 2021 18:32

Silver Fox
leon Lads. Can we just agree that he’s a fat potato headed cnut who manages a shit team of dreary East Midlands cloggers and be done with it?

Ian manages who?

:lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jul 2021 19:02

Snowflake Royal

Get stuffed Zip, I posted an opinion, the point of the forum, and then gave some justification perfectly reasonably when stranded asked.

:lol: Would you agree that you argue more on here than anyone else?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2021 19:31

Zip
Snowflake Royal

You already know the answer to that question. :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Jul 2021 20:55

:)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jul 2021 21:05

CountryRoyal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Get stuffed Zip, I posted an opinion, the point of the forum, and then gave some justification perfectly reasonably when stranded asked.

You already know the answer to that question. :wink:

I should have said “Would you disagree”..... :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jul 2021 22:02

I see Bournemouth start their competitive season tomorrow, hosting MK Dons in the League Cup.

Seems like bloody good idea to me, surprised mire clubs aren't doing it.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jul 2021 07:03

Stranded I see Bournemouth start their competitive season tomorrow, hosting MK Dons in the League Cup.

Like us and Derby ?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 31 Jul 2021 09:19

Stranded I see Bournemouth start their competitive season tomorrow, hosting MK Dons in the League Cup.

Totally agree. Great idea by Bournemouth...and MK Dons. Wish we had done the same with our game :x

The Cube

by The Cube » 31 Jul 2021 09:55

I looked at the websites of the four clubs playing League Cup ties this weekend. Only Huddersfield explained what was going on (*), saying that the EFL had granted all teams the chance to play the round 1 fixture before the season, as long as the two clubs both agreed.

In our case both clubs have a pre-season friendly today which should bring in more money, so I can see the logic in either not wanting to play the League Cup.

(*) - I have noticed this before. Huddersfield are really good at keeping their fans informed about things, and I have gone on their website or Twitter in the past in order to find out information that affects all clubs.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Aug 2021 11:02

From ya man Alan Nixon
Derby County. Players turn up for training fearing the worst after Morris comments. Have summit and then ALL handed contracts. Names on but no figures of wages. Need to be signed by tomorrow midday to play at weekend. Beyond words.

There are no wages on the contracts because the EFL need to tell Derby what they can pay and to how many in the next 24/25 hours …

They are seriously fcuked, aren't they?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Aug 2021 11:04

Pepe the Horseman From ya man Alan Nixon
Derby County. Players turn up for training fearing the worst after Morris comments. Have summit and then ALL handed contracts. Names on but no figures of wages. Need to be signed by tomorrow midday to play at weekend. Beyond words.

There are no wages on the contracts because the EFL need to tell Derby what they can pay and to how many in the next 24/25 hours …

Rooney will have to put his boots back on.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2021 11:04

Things changing fast - just deleted my post as things seem to have changed. Why would any player sign a contract without knowing what they are going to get paid? Unless they know they can get out of it after a week or two.

Allegedly Derby can pay a maximum of 4.5k pw, which if true is lower that the average L1 wage.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 05 Aug 2021 11:12

Stranded

Things changing fast - just deleted my post as things seem to have changed. Why would any player sign a contract without knowing what they are going to get paid? Unless they know they can get out of it after a week or two.

Allegedly Derby can pay a maximum of 4.5k pw, which if true is lower that the average L1 wage.

oxf*rd hell that is almost as much as I make

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 05 Aug 2021 11:20

Stranded

oxf*rd hell I am on almost that much with OT and On call :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2021 12:19

The whole derby thing utterly confuses me. EFL have to give proper clarity on what they can and can’t do. Much as I’d happily see them go down of course it doesn’t seem the treatment they are getting is particularly helpful

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2021 12:48

Hound The whole derby thing utterly confuses me. EFL have to give proper clarity on what they can and can’t do. Much as I’d happily see them go down of course it doesn’t seem the treatment they are getting is particularly helpful

Might help if they didn't keep fudging their books so the FL knew their actual financial position.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2021 13:12

Snowflake Royal
Hound The whole derby thing utterly confuses me. EFL have to give proper clarity on what they can and can’t do. Much as I’d happily see them go down of course it doesn’t seem the treatment they are getting is particularly helpful

Might help if they didn't keep fudging their books so the FL knew their actual financial position.

IIRC they have to re-submit accounts for 3 years by the middle of this month, 18th rings a bell. I would imagine the EFL won't offer much in the way of guidance, or allow them to spend too much money - until they have seen those and how bad the situation really is in terms of FFP-

17149 posts